What would be fun? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
Missymonkey
What would be fun?

I'm not much of a genetisist but I do enjoy breeding corns so that I get a neat mixture of babies. I have a pair of breeding hypos both het anery so I got a few ghosts last year which was neat. I also have an anery that should breed this year (f). I kept one ghost from the hypos clutch. Now I want to fill up my new rack and I was thinking of getting a couple corns. What could I get so that my first generation hatchlings will be a mix of neat morphs. I know I shouldn't expect lavs or anything like that I just don't want all norms.

thanks in advance

Missy

Old 02-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
Wilomn
Check serpwidgets.com, or maybe .net, I never can remember which. It a sight about cornsnake morphs and what you get when you start breeding multilpe hets together.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Check serpwidgets.com, or maybe .net, I never can remember which. It a sight about cornsnake morphs and what you get when you start breeding multilpe hets together.
Here is the link to what Wes is talking about.

http://www.cornguide.com/the%20guide.htm

Old 02-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #4
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
Alot depends upon if your anery is het for anything or if your hypos are het for something else. Plus, you have to think about how much money you want to spend and what you like best. For limited funds, I would suggest a snow (you'd be able to determine if your hypos and your anery are also het for amel) and/or an amel het snow. You may only still get normals and anerys in the F1, but a mix of normals, amels, anerys and snows in the F2. If you have a little more to spend, try adding motley or stripe in a snow, amel het snow, or ghost. Again , not much in the F1 but lots of surprises in the F2. And if you have a bit more to spend, try an amber or an amber het butter...all hypos in the F1, but again, more in the F2.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!