Mountain Horned Dragon Eggs!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Mad4You2
Mountain Horned Dragon Eggs!!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Bruja laid eggs today. I had 11 in the lay tank and there was one on Monday in the potted plant in the big enclosure. Then I moved her to the lay tank. After I got the eggs in the incubator I gave Bruja a long soak and fed her some Fluker's insectivore mix with added calcium - she loves that stuff. Then this evening I saw a lone egg in the back of the big enclosure so I got it out. I don't know if it was in there Monday and I didn't see it or if it was an afterthought...she had already packed them all up when I got home from work so I think she thought she was done. Total on the eggs = 13! Captive Bred! YES! I'm worried that some of them don't really look as good as the others - they may not be viable...softer shells with a yellow/peach color and the dirt stuck to them a lot more than the whiter harder eggs. I guess I'll know in about 180 days! =) Angie

Old 09-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie!

More eggs, that is great. So, 13 then, all captive bred & laid. That is super, congratulations. So, only 180 days to wait! LOL How is your girl doing today?

Tracie

Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #3
Mad4You2
Hi Tracie....Bruja is doing great....we think Yin has a broken front leg. I'm not sure what we can do about that. She's using it to hold on to the wall but Jeff said when she was chasing crickets she only used 3 legs. We are wondering if she didn't get enough calcium supplementation because she had such a big clutch - she had 16. We'll talk to our vet tomorrow and see what she thinks. Thanks for posting! Angie

Old 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie,

Oh no, Yin has a broken leg? That is too bad. That is a heavy clutch for her.
Definitely let me know how she is doing. At least Bruja is doing great though.
Maybe get some liquid calcium, that absorbs better than the powder does.

Tracie

Old 09-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
Mad4You2
Hi Tracie,
A friend sent me some of that calcium syrup and some Solar Drops so I'm going to send some of that home with Jeff for Yin. He said that she's keeping it pretty much in the same position but will use it sometimes to help hold on to the wall. I'll update her progress.

Thanks...Angie

Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie,

What type of UVB are you using right now? The solar drops, they are liquid D3, correct? Just use a small amount of that, but it should help with the broken leg though.
I hope she improves for you soon.

Tracie

Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #7
Mad4You2
I believe he has a 5.0 for her. I don't know if it's a coil or tube. She probably should be under my Mega Ray.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie,

Be sure to read the report on the UVB coils & compacts that I posted in the bearded dragon section. It was put out by the UK guide & is extremely informative. The coils & compacts are putting out low wavelength UVB which are borderline UVC. So, if you do have a compact or coil, you should replace it as soon as possible.
If it is a reptisun 5, it may not be quite as bad if it's a coil. I don't recommend the coils at all though, especially after talking to the person who put the report out & reading it.
How is Bruja doing?

Tracie

Old 09-29-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
Mad4You2
Bruja is doing great - eating like a pig....makes me think she'll have another clutch from the way she's eating everything in site. I'm giving her the calcium syrup and solar drops daily. The adult enclosure has a 60W Mega Ray.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:49 PM   #10
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie!

Oh so you think that Bruja will lay another clutch soon? Poor girl! She is going to be exhausted. Great you have a 60 watt megaray, is that a external ballast?

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!