African Soft Fur Rats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
Bill & Amy
African Soft Fur Rats

I now have a steady breeding supply of ASF rats and they are available for sale. They are available in the Iowa/southern Minnesota area. I am willing to meet part way on larger orders, you can pm me or email me at bhicok@wctatel.net

I will be selling them for the same price I paid $10/trio.

Sorry, no shipping.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
I now have a steady breeding supply of ASF rats and they are available for sale. I will be selling them for the same price I paid $10/trio.Sorry, no shipping.
Arrrgggghhh! Every time I see these guys, I drool, and they are never anywhere even close to California!

Wishing you were here....

Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
IloveSnakes1234
I wish I could buy them but I live in NJ...

Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Bill & Amy
Watch for them at the local herp shows, I have heard of people getting them in the area.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #5
fair1968lane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
I now have a steady breeding supply of ASF rats and they are available for sale. They are available in the Iowa/southern Minnesota area. I am willing to meet part way on larger orders, you can pm me or email me at bhicok@wctatel.net

I will be selling them for the same price I paid $10/trio.

Sorry, no shipping.

DONT U HATE THAT? "no shipping"? i live in Denver, CO and i NEED these rats NOWWWWWWWW. man, pls reconsider shipping them live? its real easy to do. and WE ALL WOULD pay the difference.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
hhmoore
actually, shipping live rodents is kind of a pain in the butt...not to mention expensive.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
Cat_72
Unfortunately, Bill is no longer raising rodents, so there's no option to reconsider.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
CornNut
There was a guy at the last Denver snake show that was selling males. He was from out of state but I heard later from his neighbor at the show that he might be moving here. Not sure if he could be persuaded to sell females yet but eventually they'll get here. I know a guy I could get females from in Eastern SD but it's too far a drive for me.

It sounds like some lines are more docile than others so you also might want to shop around for that but right now maybe beggars can't be choosers.

If you do find a place to get pairs in Colorado let me know please!

snakemorphs@comcast.net

Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
replvr
HOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
actually, shipping live rodents is kind of a pain in the butt...not to mention expensive.
How do you legally ship live rodents? What shipper allows this? I would like to know as we are raising ASF's and the demand for them being shipped is big.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #10
Wolfy-hound
When I talked to the airlines and the other shipping companies what I was told is this:
You must ship rodents the same as you would ship any live mammal. YOu need vet certificates for each animal, and appropiate caging. They are shipped the same as you would ship a puppy, only with rodent appropiate escape proof caging.
The same day/overnight shipping is expensive for a live animal, plus the vet certificates for each. This is why 99% of people will never ship rodents. They are too cheap to bother with all that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread