Opinion should we feel bad that we keep animals under captivity? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #11
SnakeSmithS
There are plenty of VERY good reasons (we are all familiar with) to avoid taking and keeping animals from the wild. There are no legitimate reasons I can think of to not keep captive bred and born animals ...but I respect those who choose not to do so as long as they don't criticize me for doing so or try to infringe on my rights to do so.

I always use Irish Moss if I'm concerned about clarity, which is rare

Old 04-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by V675210 View Post
or say animals are not taken well under captivity.
Some animals in captivity are abused and neglected. That there are some who do not step up to their responsibilities is not a reason to judge the many who go out of their way to provide good habitats, good food, vet care, etc.

It IS a reason to judge the abusers and if you can, take whatever kind of action is available to get severely abused animals to a safer place.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #13
Jeesereptile
It’s true including all reptiles they were meant to be free living in the wild. It’s even terrible and should be a crime to sell wild caught animals they was born free where god meant them to be I’m all for captive bred animals even though remember they are meant to live free in the wild unfortunately. Humans only see a dollar sign. To them it’s all about making money so they put the animal in a so called jail after they was. Captured. From there wild places living free so this is the truth. This is why captive bred is someways better

Old 04-21-2021, 07:36 PM   #14
SnakeSmithS
Good point Lucille. I suppose I always just assume everyone loves their pets as much as I do, and I forget sometimes that there are people who don't take good care of their animals . If he** actually existed, surely there would be a special place there for animal abusers.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:29 PM   #15
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesereptile View Post
It’s true including all reptiles they were meant to be free living in the wild. It’s even terrible and should be a crime to sell wild caught animals they was born free where god meant them to be I’m all for captive bred animals even though remember they are meant to live free in the wild unfortunately. Humans only see a dollar sign. To them it’s all about making money so they put the animal in a so called jail after they was. Captured. From there wild places living free so this is the truth. This is why captive bred is someways better
I agree with the last sentence, but a lot of the rest isn't true.

“Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis 1.

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." Genesis 9.

"For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind" James 3.

Hell, He even gave all of the animals to Noah, for a time, just because Noah was righteous -- bag limit of a pair each, seven pair each of the "clean" animals. And Noah didn't follow AZA care guidelines, not even close.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!