Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #91
akonitony
I'm sorry, what was the topic? G-proteins?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #92
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I meant to say "replies". In no way did I intend to lead anyone else otherwise.

Rich, you are entitled to your opinion. I'm certain that others have read what I have posted here and on that "other" site who's very name is censored from Faunaclassifieds.com, with regards to this site. I would not say elsewhere anything that I would not say here. If that were the case, why would we be having this discussion? Suggesting that I pointed out your snide tone in order to score points on the is laughable, and is simply an attempt to distract the reader from the matter at hand.

Do I think your response warranted a BOI thread? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
But you decided you would jump in anyway and agree with the OP and further propagate replies PLUS get in some kicks at the same time that you've been wanting to for a while now? Cool...

Quote:
Do I think your response is one of an administrator who gives a crap about any of his site's members? See above response.
See Mike, you are proving my point with your every reply.

So please explain to me how you interpret that this reply I send to members who ask about the policy change is in any way "snide" or indicative of an "administrator who does NOT give a crap about the site's members".

Quote:
The Feedback Forum is your friend....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378
At least from an objective point of view and not from the viewpoint of someone like yourself who has an obvious personal bias against me.

Seriously, how in the world can you HONESTLY claim that this was a "snide" reply? It covered THREE important goals that I had in mind.
(1) It answered their question FULLY via the link provided, and
(2) It informed and/or reminded them that the Feedback Forum is the place to go to for answers to questions of this nature, and
(3) It was as quick and concise as possible to deliver the message I wished to convey while receiving LOTS of queries about the policy change.

Yeah, I know you are trying hard to turn this thread into directions you want to take it, but your days are numbered here if you continue with that effort.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #93
rcpreis3
Another "Big Meanie" thread!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #94
akonitony
Quote:
Do I think your response warranted a BOI thread? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Do I think your response is one of an administrator who gives a crap about any of his site's members? See above response.
I'm just glad Rich doen't give a crap about his members; otherwise this thread might go on for a hundred posts or more, and he would have to waste valuable time (as if there is time that has no value) in order to defend himself on a website he created against a member that has benefitted quite greatly (see http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=125470), and yet has not contributed one thin dime. This whole thread has gone from ridiculous to one that stultifies the thinking man. If WS did not care about the members of this site, would he really still be wasting his time here, or could he just as easily say "that's it, I'm closing this thread and if you don't like it, tough". Seems to me he could. Seems to me he would if he didn't care about other people's opinions - regardless of if they pay him for his services or not.
Rich, I'm putting on my flowery hat, if you care to join me, I think I have an extra one around here somewhere. For those of you who haven't read the whole thread, see post #41, and you'll know to what I refer. What really needs to happen here, really, is for the OP that has not been posting now for what, 7 or 8 pages, to reconsider what he has done, and figure out the best way to make a sincere apology to the Big Meanie who actually deserves some respect rather than ridicule - at least in my book he does. Am I blowing smoke - nope, not one bit. I just call it as I see it.
I doubt Rich will ever win 'sweatheart of the year', nor do I think he really wants to, but when it comes to being sensible and having something we used to call "intestinal fortitude" in the army, he's da man. As for you guys chiming in on the 'I don't like his occasional tone' bandwagon, I could tell you where to stick your head and fight for air if you are looking for a fight, but I won't. All I can say at this point is WS must be doing something right for a pretty darn long time, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this, now would ya?
WS, keep up the good work, and just ignore the trolls - that's all they are.
Next!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #95
MikeCurtin
You're really threatening to ban me because I perceive your tone as condescending and am willing to point it out?

Ok, then.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #96
WebSlave
Quote:
You're really threatening to ban me because I perceive your tone as condescending and am willing to point it out?

Ok, then.
Your reading comprehension skills need some work, Mike.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #97
Mikkwa
I don't post replies in the BOI inquiries very often, but I read lots' of them. I, like I suspect a good portion of members here were attracted to this site to add to their reptile collection. I did not become a contributing member right off, yet I was able to enjoy browsing through the ads & I did purchase a few snakes. I've never been a fan of posting replies in the ads, much preferring to send emails to the op. I like that it has changed & I can once again enjoy browsing the ads without all the drama some were creating which didn't belong there, hence the reason we have a BOI in the first place!

I became a contributing member within 2 months of joining, not because I felt I'd get better treatment or any personal gain other than I love this site & I want to do what I can to help keep it ongoing. I don't even breed or sell any of my reptiles, at least not at this time. I feel all the moderators do an excellent job here & deserve a big hand of applaud, I haven't read all that has been posted by each one, of course. But, I have not found anything I personally would consider to be condescending or belittling toward the members, contributing or not. The mods. have gone to great lengths numerous times to post accurate info' on BOIs & I do love it when they expose someone trying to scam good people here.

Thanks Rich for being "Big Meanie", your tops in my book & I will continue to support this site as long as I can. This site has much more to offer than just the classifieds, but it is by far the best classified site I have yet to see, all due to yours' and your mods. diligent, hard work!!

Old 06-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #98
ThunderPaws
Quote:

Ok, then.
Rich,

Is it really possible to Ban a member who is well respected in the Reptile Forums and on his Breeding abilities? Plus he has a trader rating of 5? I have heard from many people that banning happens fast around here, and I am sure it is justified more than not...What is the BOI all about.....Vengeance or the Truth? For being a short time member, this thread has really confused me about the You and the BOI.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
THUNDERPAWS BALL PYTHONS

Old 06-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #99
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Rich,

Is it really possible to Ban a member who is well respected in the Reptile Forums and on his Breeding abilities? Plus he has a trader rating of 5? I have heard from many people that banning happens fast around here, and I am sure it is justified more than not...What is the BOI all about.....Vengeance or the Truth? For being a short time member, this thread has really confused me about the You and the BOI.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
THUNDERPAWS BALL PYTHONS
Imagine this: You have a nice place where many people come to visit. You throw a party there and it is open-invitation. Most of the people who come are respectful of YOUR property, and they all get along well and mingle, but there are a couple who look around and try and find stains in the carpet, or cobwebs near the ceiling. You ignore them for the most part, and when they ask you about the carpet, you give them some 'Resolve' carpet cleaner and a rag (that stuff works well BTW). But then a few more people come in and start ripping up the carpet, putting holes in the wall, spit in the fruit punch, and basically dare you to stop them. What would you do?

Old 06-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #100
Chuckels
I agree that the OP jumped the gun, and should have done his research.

However, it seems to me that some people are somewhat off topic of the OP's post ... Isn't that against the rules in the BOI? I'm just pointing out that whenever anyone replies to any other thread, and is not on topic of the original post, aren't they reminded by mods to "take it to private messages" or "start a new thread"?

Yet a mod/member are having a pissing match over past transgressions? Seems trivial, and off topic. The rules do pertain to mod's and members correct? Practice what is preached.

Obviously this is off topic, but nobody else is speaking up.

Just my $0.02

Trey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!