Help, my belly is on fire!!**PIC** - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
Boa4u
Striped Super Bloody Salmons?

Here is a breeding update on Sienna. Sorry about the dark pictures. I am totally excited about this girl. She is a 2005 and I estimate her to be a little over 4ft, and she is gravid!! She has refused food since the end of December yet she is nice and plump!! The father is Salmon Double Het Blood/Het Anery(AKA Het Pewter). She always was kind of small compared to some of the other boas in her group so I suspected that she had more Central American influence in her in terms of the smaller size. She has always been a strong feeder.

I had spoken with Rich Ihle awhile back about the Blood Boas and Bloody Salmons and he told me that he was seeing females topping out at 4 to 5 feet long. That is why I took a shot at breeding her at 4ft. She was already 3years old when I decided to breed her, but the 4ft thing had me a little concerned. She was bred in her 3ft Vision cage. What if she proves out to be het anery also? A Super Salmon Pewter baby in the litter maybe? How crazy would that be?

The father is over 5ft long and I had my doubts about if a larger male would have problems breeding a smaller female, looks like he did the job!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #12
crotalusadamanteus
She's looking great Alex. Has that full look to her in the right places too. Good luck getting a nice litter from her.

BTW, if it was me, I wouldn't be handling her if she is indeed gravid. Going to get Aurora while she was set to pop, was the scariest thing I've ever had to do.

Anyway, good luck on the outcome. Hopefully you'll get a surprise or two.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
Man , i TRULY cant wait to see the outcome of this litter! Best of luck to you!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa4u View Post
her belly caught fire cause it wasn't that red when she was a baby.
This may sound silly but it reminds me of the blood trait in corn snakes where, if memory serves correctly, hets sometimes show slight blood traits and get red bellies and an overall red wash as they age.

That is a very exciting breeding, hope it all goes well (and if she's a het anery too, that would be extra sweeeeeeet)
good luck!
-April

Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
She's looking great Alex. Has that full look to her in the right places too. Good luck getting a nice litter from her.

BTW, if it was me, I wouldn't be handling her if she is indeed gravid. Going to get Aurora while she was set to pop, was the scariest thing I've ever had to do.

Anyway, good luck on the outcome. Hopefully you'll get a surprise or two.
Thanks Rick. I figure she has about another month and a half or so before she drops her babies so I didn't think that handling her at this point would be too much of a problem. But I know what you mean, I was nervous holding her, precious cargo there!!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Man , i TRULY cant wait to see the outcome of this litter! Best of luck to you!
Thanks Alicia!! I am starting to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Day!!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Yohn View Post
This may sound silly but it reminds me of the blood trait in corn snakes where, if memory serves correctly, hets sometimes show slight blood traits and get red bellies and an overall red wash as they age.

That is a very exciting breeding, hope it all goes well (and if she's a het anery too, that would be extra sweeeeeeet)
good luck!
-April
That's not silly at all. I have seen others who subscribe to that theory as far as het blood markers for boas go. That is part of my excitement here, to see if there is in fact a correlation. Thanks for the good wishes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!