Births and deaths - the good news - Fiji boas Candoia bibroni - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
Snakesitter
Best of luck to you...you're making a heroic stand for the little guy!!!

Old 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #22
Helenthereef
Force fed him another dose this morning - he's not loving it, but he seems livelier.
However if he survives this he may never love me again - tube feeding is such an indignity!

Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #23
Helenthereef
I really hope I can keep him going though _ he's a very endearing little snake when he's behaving himself...
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #24
Snakesitter
Awwww how cute! Fingers crossed for him!

Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #25
Helenthereef
So far have given him 2 tube feeds, 2 days apart. Today he seems much better, lively and strong again. I now have high hopes that I can at least can keep him alive, the issue will be how to get him back onto solid food, but that's one for the future.

For anyone who might be in this position, what I'm doing is taking a quite solid oily paste and suspending it in bottled water, then giving about 1ml of this very dilute suspension through a flexible plastic pipette (dropper). I think that the water is as important as the food, as he was probably very dehydrated as well as undernourished.

I'm currently giving this at 2 day intervals. If he improves on this I will start to reduce the dilution and give less frequently. If it works I'll maybe start a separate thread on the process.

Anyway, thanks to all following.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
Snakesitter
Great technique, and thanks for sharing. Still pulling for the little guy.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #27
Helenthereef
Still fighting this battle - posted a video of the pipette feeding process over in the Veterinarian forum for anyone interested

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=430615

Old 09-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
Snakesitter
Great job on the vid. Glad to hear he is still hanging in there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!