Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
JCCS
Kevin, why did you decide to drag the snake through the dirt before you took pictures of it? Something about that seems really sketchy to me. As far as your buddy's opinion on the decomposition, if it did die in the box and had a heat pack in with it and got put in a heated room, that heat would greatly accelerate the decomposition process.

You need to answer a couple questions, Kevin. First, as asked above, what's with the dirtbath on that snake. That could compromise the condition of that snake in a pretty dramatic manner. That snake's rear end and head look crushed, and you dragging it through the dirt don't make it look good for you. Second, exactly what do Conner Lunz and Sean Griffis have to do with this transaction? These two have been making a spectacle of themselves by doing cute stuff like directly posting ads in forums and posting good guy posts on themselves here on the BOI.

I'm not rushing to Andrew's defense here, but there are some really shady sides to your story, and I'm not sure I'd have automatically refunded your money if I was Andrew, either. You asking for a snake valued and twice what the one you ordered was also a big red flag. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but let's explore this scenario. You figure you could order this snake, it mysteriously pass away, and you try to get a better snake to replace it. Worse comes to worse, you get your money back and you aren't out anything. I would hate to think that anyone could do that, but it's happened before and I'm sure will happen again.

At this point, I am not sure what happened, I'm looking forward to the emails that Andrew posts and would like to know what Lunz and Griffis have to do with this whole thing. I like looking critically and objectively at any situation and there are enough big time question marks in this deal that I am not comfortable just automatically assuming that Andrew owes this guy a refund.

Chris

Old 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #42
Amelanistic Orca
This is a thick plot now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Hello, First off let me say that Kevin Bailey, Sean Griffiths and Connor Gunnuz attempted to blackmail me by demanding I send them a replacement animal worth 2 to 3 times the value of the boa purchased or they were going to tell everyone that I wanted them to lie about the contents of the package so I could file a claim with FED EX.(I couldn't claim anything with Fed-ex because I didn't buy any insurance or declare a value) Even though I offered to replace the animal(had 4 more male 2011 OT Hytec het Sharps to choose from) I was informed by the gang it wasn't enough. Even If I refunded all the money they were going to ruin my reputation. The only way they weren't going to ruin my reputation is if I sent them an 2011 male Sharp Albino Aztec or a male Anery Aztec. The boa they bought cost $4500 and the boas I had to replace with were $8,000 and maybe as much as $12,000.

Can I send someone around 60 to 70 emails that have transpired since 9/16 with these 3 people and that person post them. Once you read all the e-mails you will think these guys are bad people. So if someone will help me I'll send the blackmail e-mail first.

As far as wanting the boa back, this was the first time this ever happened(a boa arrives dead) and considering the the fact they were first time buyers and some of the things they did in the past, I felt it wise to get him back. Like I said I have many many e-mails that will show these guys to be bad news times ten but first please someone help me so I can post the Blackmail e-mail. Andrew

Old 04-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #43
Robert Potts
This is the first time I've done business with them. First contact(e-mail) was made back on 9-16-2011. As I said if you want to know everything just send me your e-mail and I will send you 60-70 e-mails. that have been sent.

I did agree to replace the animal the day it happened. I even sent photos of the best looking replacement we had. All I ask is he return the dead boa. Also I didn't receive any photos of the dead snake until the next day in the afternoon almost 24 hours after delivery. Unfortunately on the morning of March 21st(even before I've received any proof of their claims) at 6:38 am I received an e-mail explaining my only options were to replace the dead 2011 male OT Hytec Parahet($4,500) with either a male Sharp Albino Aztec($8,000) or a male Anery Aztec(since only adults exist $15,000). A replacement 2011 male OT Hytec Parahet or a cash refund was not acceptable and they would ruin my reputation by spreading falsehoods and lies.

In reference to the dead 2011 male OT Hytec Parahet being shipped back to me, I did request because I felt something was up even before they attempted to blackmail me. As I've said I have many, many e-mails and will be more than happy to send every single one. I can honestly say that once everyone has read the e-mails you will see this entire event differently.

We offer a 6 month guarantee in writing which we stand behind and it's defies logic for me to see a dead snake to a customer, especially a first time customer. I don't see how I'm going to get ahead or come out ahead with me shipping a dead snake and then decide these guys can go fish unless I have very good reasons. Trying to pull a scam with me is reason enough.

Again I will be more than happy to send all the e-mails I've received from all of them. Andrew

PS For some bizarre reason they mentioned my mother also.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #44
Baileykm
All fair questions. so the thing with Connor and I is mostly guidance. I wanted to breed a snake with one of theirs and call it a mid-term investment because I had some cash sitting around.

Now Andrew is going to say that I was blackmailing him fair enough. I asked because at that point it was weeks since I have heard from him. I said something along the lines of when do I get to see the littermates and his response was as soon as I get my boa back. I know that is in the email listing I let loose and probably torwards the end. When I told Andrew about the Fedex incident that is when he was stone walling and refused to hear any excuse I had. From this point I said fuck it I this is too much stress to deal with and I want a snake to get to breeding size sooner rather then later.

He offered me a discount when I first bought the Hytec. It was a sizeable discount which would have went into paying for the sharp strain. Now I also at this point said forget it, the worst he can do is say no and give me my money back. So now I still have no snake and no money.

So call me a scam blackmailer what ever, but give me my money its not like we are talking about a few bucks here and I really do not feel like flying to Tampa for a small claims court.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #45
hhmoore
Robert (Andrew?),
There is no reason for anybody to post the emails for you. (Why would you think that is a reasonable expectation??) If you've got them, post them.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
Baileykm
Ahh sorry Chris, I forgot to answer your question about the rocks. They stuck to the snake the moment I laid it on the ground. I did not drag it dear lord no. It smelled way too bad. I flipped it around a few times to try to line up a shot without its belly being facing the air. That was also the second day I had it, The first day can be seen with pic 5. Its mouth was also attached to the bag and was tricky to remove. It had bitten the cotton bag and all its top row of teeth were lodged in there with its bottom mouth being what ever happened there.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #47
Robert Potts
Ok please explain to me how I post an e-mail...?

Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #48
hhmoore
Left click to highlight email - Right click - select Copy - go to thread - right click - select Paste. Repeat as needed.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #49
reptilebaby
You can copy/paste with all headers included.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #50
Robert Potts
Can someone please show me how to post e-mails. HHmoore I'm so sorry I don't know how do to do so because compared to most I'm severally stupid. In front of everyone here I beg you from the goodness of your heart please help me so I can post these e-mails. Andrew

PS Yes I'm a very stupid person for not being able to post e-mails but I swear, God as my witness, once I learn I'll never ever forget.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!