Is fauna blogging smart for your business? How has your experience been at Fuana? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
HerpVenue
Just let people get to know you.
Your business is just an empty building or website. It can't do anything without YOU.
YOU make those decisions. People deal with YOU. Let them get to know YOU.

Some people will buy from whomever. They do not really care. Those people will probably not even take care of their animals. They may buy from the same person once or twice more, but that is it.

Some people only want to buy their animals from others who are reputable. They only want to buy from someone who TRULY loves their animals. Those customers will take care of their animals. Those customers will come back. Those customers care. Those customers are not just customers. They actually become your friends.

Advertisements are things you buy to advertise your site.
Forums are the places you go to interact with the community. Get to know the people. They will get to know you. They are the places you go to talk about your favorite things. You can go to those places and buy advertisement. But as far as advertising on the forums themselves, I believe all forums frown against it and have rules against it. Not just fauna.

As far as forums, I have 3 different forums I participate in. I have memberships in all the main ones. But I mainly participate in 3 of them at the moment. Your posts represent you. Your "actions" represent you. With that in mind, I know some people will never buy from me because of my past and present actions. I am NOT on their "BAD Guy " list. But I am probably on their "do not deal wtih" list just because of some things I may have said. Some people have me on their "GOOD Guy" list. Some people will buy from me site unseen.

some people actually do have a list

Totality of Circumstances.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
Wolfy-hound
When I say "advertise on a forum" I am of course referring to placing an ad in the correct forum that is for "sales/wanted/adoptions" or whatever. Just to clarify.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
Tropoddity
Wow, Ritchie! LOL! You are not a bad guy, I just think the forum thing can get the best of people sometimes. It did me. I will admit it, because I am not to use to it nor see the full purpose. I am old school I love the mom and pop vibe. I am all about making people happy and love my animals. That is a give in. Why else would I clean poop from the cages throughout the day, clean the cages out every week. You would have to love something to work that hard to keep the animals healthy.

The last 5 people that purchased from me. Were screened; I made sure they knew what they were getting into or what they had experience with before they purchased the animal. I sold Monitors and Tegus, which I can consider my specialty, "some people call it." I would not sell a Black throat to someone who only had one bearded dragon. Unless they did the extensive research, and know what they are getting into. That is important to me. Also, respecting the reptile and the entire reptile trade or hobby.

Sorry, for flying off subject. I just wanted to here peoples opinions about blogging and Fauna.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropoddity View Post
I am new to the Blog advertising or politics, it is different, because you really cant see the persons true emotion when they discuss or write something about a person. I think that is the down fall, to online marketing, or blogging.
Remember a couple months ago when you said we should partner up because you only had experience with Tegus and Monitors and I only had experience with snakes? You said it would be a perfect fit. I could answer all snake questions and you can answer all tegu and monitor questions. Remember when you said you had so much experience with Tegus and Monitors that you were a regular fixture and often gave advice around Tegu Talk and the other Tegu and Monitor forums 3-4 years ago?

Well the "blog / forum advertising or politics" has not change from 3-4 years ago. Just use your extensive knowledge and experience from 3-4 years ago. The reptile world is actually rather small. So perhaps you will see some of the other people who also use to frequent those forums. Some of them are probably here. They should easily recognize you and welcome you. Shoot....you should easily remember your old screen name from 3-4 years ago. I remember mine from 5 years ago. And whatever forum I go to, people are very welcoming and they remember me from 5+ years ago.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
Ameivaboy
What was the screen name on tegu talk? I used to be a moderator/vice admin over there before i was banned lol

Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #16
Tropoddity
Interesting, I need to check Fuana more often.

Ritchie, I was on "TeguTalk" and I was on "TheTegu." I am sorry I really do not remember my blog name and those were the only two sites I was on. I wasn't a full blown reptile business at that time and I did breed Bearded Dragons and tegus back then.

Unfortunately, during that time my wife went through medical complications, then we were blessed with my son, who happens to be 4 years old now. I had a successful Custom home design firm at that time which gave me the money to invest in my side reptile Hobby/business.

The economy crashed and I lost my house and my business. I happened to be in a small town then; Lake Havasu City AZ. And when the crash happened it hit that city like the Black death. My business was falling apart, every body I worked with left town, Now that is why I am in Phoenix, AZ. It is really hard to remember good things when so much bad happens all at once, so I apologize if I said something wrong about my past, but it was not intentional.

Ritchie if you say people should see who I am well there it is. I am just a Father who loves his son and wife. Trying to make a fare living while doing something not only I like but, my family does as well.

I got exited when I met you at GCC because it was so long sense I talk to anyone about reptiles in a long time. It was cool. It was just hard for me to remember anything positive. Well at least I remember my reptiles making me happy more than being a home designer.

I would also like to add, if anyone experienced what I did, during that crash. I wish the best for them. I have good friends, young families with babies, losing everything around me. Nothing is more scary than having a brand new child and losing everything you had at the same time.

Trust me!

One thing I have never done in my life and never will, is to try and screw people over. I work my ass off right now. I have a Job, my business and go to school for my family. So far everyone, I have worked with has been happy. I know I may not please everyone, but i will try my best to. It is only me, my wife and my son, I am doing ok with my partners now. I hope you wish me the best as I have done for you.

I just really want to understand the business side of the reptile world, so I make sure I am doing it right.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropoddity View Post
Interesting, I need to check Fuana more often.

Ritchie, I was on "TeguTalk" and I was on "TheTegu." I am sorry I really do not remember my blog name and those were the only two sites I was on. I wasn't a full blown reptile business at that time and I did breed Bearded Dragons and tegus back then.

Unfortunately, during that time my wife went through medical complications, then we were blessed with my son, who happens to be 4 years old now. I had a successful Custom home design firm at that time which gave me the money to invest in my side reptile Hobby/business.

The economy crashed and I lost my house and my business. I happened to be in a small town then; Lake Havasu City AZ. And when the crash happened it hit that city like the Black death. My business was falling apart, every body I worked with left town, Now that is why I am in Phoenix, AZ. It is really hard to remember good things when so much bad happens all at once, so I apologize if I said something wrong about my past, but it was not intentional.

Ritchie if you say people should see who I am well there it is. I am just a Father who loves his son and wife. Trying to make a fare living while doing something not only I like but, my family does as well.

I got exited when I met you at GCC because it was so long sense I talk to anyone about reptiles in a long time. It was cool. It was just hard for me to remember anything positive. Well at least I remember my reptiles making me happy more than being a home designer.

I would also like to add, if anyone experienced what I did, during that crash. I wish the best for them. I have good friends, young families with babies, losing everything around me. Nothing is more scary than having a brand new child and losing everything you had at the same time.

Trust me!

One thing I have never done in my life and never will, is to try and screw people over. I work my ass off right now. I have a Job, my business and go to school for my family. So far everyone, I have worked with has been happy. I know I may not please everyone, but i will try my best to. It is only me, my wife and my son, I am doing ok with my partners now. I hope you wish me the best as I have done for you.

I just really want to understand the business side of the reptile world, so I make sure I am doing it right.
Actually. shorty after I made my post. I saw you checking it. You decided to ignore it. The only reason you came back to respond is because you realized that there was an admin or an ex admin from tegutalk present.

You told me Bobby ( Varnyard ) is so please with your hard work on tegutalk. You said he sent you free gifts because of it. That must have been hard making those 25 posts.

As far as not remembering what your blog name was.... a little hint for you. It is your FIRST NAME !!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!