Global Warming, Geez - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Lucille
Global Warming, Geez

I never paid much attention before, thinking that it was arcane and irrelevant, and I'm thinking it's now time to take the subject more seriously since I'm on the coast:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/sc...dlines&emc=a22

Old 11-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
brd7666
It's really a shame. Global warming is very serious, and some people just blow it off like it's nothing. This world is in for some serious change. Ice is melting extremely fast, and the more ice that melts, the faster the remaining ice melts. The gases is the atmosphere are accumulating much faster then the Earth can remove them, so it's only a matter of time. Check out this link, you may find it interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101122/...erian_meltdown

Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
WebSlave
I don't have a problem believing in global warming at all. But since periods of global warming and global cooling have happened time and time again throughout the history of our world, I just am not swallowing the claims that human beings are responsible THIS time, and therefore restrictions are necessary that will stop this process.

Natural cycles are happening all of the time, each with their own duration, which may or may not be perceivable by anyone alive today. This could easily just be a cycle that takes place every 300,000 years, and is unavoidable as is the rising sun in the morning. As such, I just believe that this is being used as yet another method to further reduce our freedoms and extract even more money from our pockets under the guise of a "crisis".

Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
Randall Turner
Beautifully said Rich.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
Focal
Hey, we had life before all that stuff froze over...

I do feel bad for the polar bears though

Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
WebSlave
Well, one way to look at this is that if the earth never changed, there would be no reason for evolution. The odd thing is that human beings believe that we are immune to the effects of these changes.... While every other living organism is subjected to "adapt or die", humanity will instead try to dig it's heels in and fight the changes. Something tells me that the rule "adapt or die" will still apply, regardless...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!