Bad Guy Bean Farm Bad News - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #81
John Kielbasa
Me personaly, I would deal with the Bean Farm again anytime. This all seems like it is blown all way out of proportion!

John Kielbasa

Old 12-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #82
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kielbasa View Post
Me personaly, I would deal with the Bean Farm again anytime. This all seems like it is blown all way out of proportion!

John Kielbasa
Giovanni discussed personal business information with regard to his customer with a 16 year old minor child.

Did you know that you have 4 USELESS posts in your whole entire crappy 6 years of membership?

That equates to 1 USELESS crappy post by you every 18 months.

I'm salivating waiting to read what you have to say next.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #83
John Kielbasa
Merry Christmas Bill. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #84
John Kielbasa
I am sorry, I should of said Merry Christmas Chuck. I hope you were not salivating waiting for me to sit and argue with you on Christmas, I wouldn't do that. All I was trying to say is that I would still use the Bean Farm, as I have always received fast and friendly service.
Probably should not of said it was blown out of proportion as what he did wasn't right. but I would not stop using them at this point.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #85
Aaron Mattson
The OP made a public complaint. IMHO that gives Bean Farm the right to defend themselves in public. BF is under no obligation to come here. IMHO BF did not divulge any personal information, all they said was the guys money got tied up at the bank due to an improperly filled out online form. And the OP opened the door to this being public.
I do think the OP's complaint was valid but I also don't think BF disclosed anything inappropriate.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #86
Wolfy-hound
I would not want any business to disclose my purchasing information to anyone, much less a unrelated 16 year old.
Bean Farm would have been RIGHT to come here and state what happened, but IMHO was wrong to tell a uninvolved person over the phone.
That said, I would probably still use Bean Farm, since it's one possible incident with a lot of other happy customers. Someone being rude over the phone wouldn't bother me, as long as when I contacted the owners, they made it right. Anyone can have a bad day, I make allowances for that, since I have bad days too.
Theresa Baker

Old 12-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #87
Bill & Amy

Old 12-25-2008, 02:18 PM   #88
Aaron Mattson
Bean Farm didn't disclose purchasing info. They said the guy's payment got caught in transite due to an improperly filled out form. That is not confidential info and the OP opened the door when he brought it to a public forum. Bean Farm has every right to defend themselves in whatever way they choose as long as they don't disclose confidential info. They don't have to come here to make it ok to defend themselves.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #89
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mattson View Post
Bean Farm didn't disclose purchasing info. They said the guy's payment got caught in transite due to an improperly filled out form. That is not confidential info and the OP opened the door when he brought it to a public forum. Bean Farm has every right to defend themselves in whatever way they choose as long as they don't disclose confidential info. They don't have to come here to make it ok to defend themselves.
First of all, bean farm didn't even need to defend themselves. Every single post on this thread other than the OPs was in PRAISE of bean farm. We were all convinced that it was only an isolated incident and it would work itself out. In the end, that's exactly what happened and the OP came on here to post exactly that. There was simply zero need to share the information with a kid.

I believe that bean farm had two options:
1) Post in this thread a public explanation
2) Tell Brett exactly what happened, in which case Brett could share it with everyone else if he chose to do so.

Proper business procedures should never involve sharing e-mails with a kid (or anyone else for that matter) about someone else's transaction (I don't care what the circumstances are, that's just poor form) and having him defend you. If this were a company with a lesser reputation, I believe he'd be getting a lot more flak from this. But as it is, Bean farm is a great company and I will still continue to order from them. I just think it is important to recognize this incident for what it is.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #90
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe View Post
First of all, bean farm didn't even need to defend themselves. Every single post on this thread other than the OPs was in PRAISE of bean farm. We were all convinced that it was only an isolated incident and it would work itself out. In the end, that's exactly what happened and the OP came on here to post exactly that. There was simply zero need to share the information with a kid.

I believe that bean farm had two options:
1) Post in this thread a public explanation
2) Tell Brett exactly what happened, in which case Brett could share it with everyone else if he chose to do so.

Proper business procedures should never involve sharing e-mails with a kid (or anyone else for that matter) about someone else's transaction (I don't care what the circumstances are, that's just poor form) and having him defend you. If this were a company with a lesser reputation, I believe he'd be getting a lot more flak from this. But as it is, Bean farm is a great company and I will still continue to order from them. I just think it is important to recognize this incident for what it is.

VERY VERY well said!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!