Is my Leopard Gecko Egg Bound?? Help.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
calvinh
Is my Leopard Gecko Egg Bound?? Help..

I have a 50 gram female Leopard gecko. She is preggersand this is her very first eggs. She dug in her lay box and stayed in there for about 8 to 10 hours. Then she climbed out and really had not gone back that Ive noticed. The hole is still dug in the vermiculite and she is definately still preggers. Its been almost 2 days since she finished diggine the hole down to the bottom of the lay box. When should I begin to worry about her

Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
JordanAng420
A lot of time, leopard geckos will dig quite a bit in the week or days leading up to egg laying. It sounds like she's getting ready to lay those eggs pretty soon. The average amount of time a female is gravid for is approx. 3-5 weeks. If she's not showing any true signs of distress (and it doesn't sound like she is) I would just let her be. Don't be going in there, or touching her, picking her up, or anything like that. She'll probably do fine.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
rcarichter
I've got a crested who's been digging for about 5 days now. It's the norm for her; she'll be fine. When they're eggbound, they spend their time trying to push the eggs out, and looking pretty stressed.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!