Where to buy bulk crickets? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
BluGnat
Where to buy bulk crickets?

I tried searching on the BOI, and in here, but not so much luck. Didn't want to post anywhere but here, since all I have is Leos and you all have such gorgeous beasties, so hope this is okay...for those of you that buy bulk, which company do you use? I thought about Wormman, but saw some not-great stuff, and would like a smooth transaction, but good prices and healthy crickets/mealworms/waxworms.

In the past, I've used Tophat Cricket Farm, but that was 10 years ago, so not sure if there's anything better and more economical out there these days.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be HUGELY appreciated, and again, I hope this is okay to post in here, and if not - my profuse apologies.

Thank you!

Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Manhattan Herps
i order crickets for my beardies and mealworms for my leos from

Grubco.com
reptilefood.com
lllreptile.com

grubco and reptile food have great prices, and reptile food.com ships pretty fast, never had any problems with either

Old 03-10-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
I get my crickets from www.reptiledirect.com their prices include shipping and 1000 is 17.89 delivered

Mealies I get from Grubo and bassetts, they are both great so I order from both.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
ShannanD25
You can also try superwormfarm.com, though they have mixed reviews, but their prices are amazing, and also try southern cricket...not sure of the URL. Southern has great prices, great service, and great overcounts!

Old 03-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
Vince
I have been ordering feeder insects from reptilefood.com. They ship over night right to your door. They are packed well with heat packs if needed. and they have a huge selection of other insects besides crickets.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Bringerofdoom
Grubco and reptilefood.com are good places. Though reptile food has goofed numerous orders of mine, They are prompt at replacing them the next day.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
BluGnat
THANK YOU. You guys rock. I ordered from Grubo just now, because their name appeared most in the thread.

Does anyone suggest gutloading wax worms (or is that even possible)? Or are they already protien/fat-rich enough as it is?

Old 03-10-2005, 05:09 PM   #8
Xelda
I was with Grubco for over half a year but finally switched because they weren't sending me the full quantities I ordered. They do have great service in terms of sending replacements out to you asap, but the replacements are always short of what you originally ordered too. I also hate how you can tell the crickets have been in the box for a long time because there is always so much poop accumulated in the box. I've even had huge spiders (complete with webs) packed in with the crickets. That's not the kind of stuff that accumulates from 2 days in transit.

It seems to be a trend for suppliers to send you awesome orders the first few times, but then start to send you crap after awhile.

As for low prices, I've got you all beat. $13.85 shipped with heat packs for 1000 crickets (and yes, I actually do get 1000).

Old 03-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
Vince
I want crickets for 13.00! where at?

Old 03-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #10
BluGnat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelda
I've even had huge spiders (complete with webs) packed in with the crickets.
Good grief. If they arrive like that, I'll drop dead (*so* not a spider person) and someone else can have my order. Gah.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!