AL Cortiz, BAD GUY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #21
lizardsister2
Wes, I thought your post a couple of pages ago was great. I do think we need to get to the bottom of everything even if we already have an opinion of one party in the conflict.

Mostly though, I'm just confused. From what I understand (explanations welcome if I'm off here) Al did not receive a shipment of venomous snakes that he should have received from someone who may have done business with Justyn but is not directly tied to him. Now there seems to be some thought that at some point Al may have believed that Justyn received is shipment. Justyn though seems to claim that the shipment he got was from the same person but had entirely different animals, timeline, weight etc. Is there still some dispute as to whether or not Justyn has Al's shipment? Even if he does wouldn't be the responsibility of the seller who would have shipped them to the wrong place to settle the matter and not Justyn's or is there some huge point I'm missing here? Is there some allegation that Justyn some how intentionally received this shipment?

Is Al posting on other forums about Justyn? If so does he have some evidence of a bad transaction with Justyn to base the allegations on? Did he in fact have a positive transaction with Justyn?

Unless there is some allegation against Justyn specifically I don't understand why he's involved himself in this matter at all. It seems like an issue between Al and whoever didn't send Al his shipment.

Is there some way to post evidence of what Justyn is saying about Al not really doing his own importing? If there is would it really be relevant? I'm really not trying to be dense, it would just really clear things up for me if someone had answers.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #22
Intense Herpetoculture
Here are copies of my declaration forms showing I did not get Al's shipment.

Al was supposed to have:
-27 atheris squamiger
-5 atheris squamiger black
-2 mamba gren
-3 boulangerina annulata( watercobra)
-6 dasypeltis scarbra.

The only thing I had similar to him was four Atheris. One red and three green.

Will you say sorry now Al for all the crap you pulled?

Will you comment on how I sent you the Atheris from a prior shipment, and they were just as I described?

Will you tell everyone the truth about all the importing you've been doing?
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #23
Wilomn
al, I also asked WHO started correspondence with justyn's exporter.

The email exchange, which has nothing to do with you, starts partway through on ongoing exchange. Could you get joe to come here and post the entire thread of conversations from beginning to end please?

If you continue to post his emails they may be deleted.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #24
lizardsister2
Okay so now I'm even more confused. That did seem like a fairly official document detailing his shipment. So it is truly beginning to look to me like some exporter didn't send what he should have to Al. Why is Justyn involved with this at all?

Has Al been posting negative things about Justyn? Has Al had a negative experience with Justyn?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #25
Intense Herpetoculture
Al was ripped off. He sent money to the same exporter I use and he was not sent a shipment.

I am involved because Al contacted me orginally about this shipment when we he contacted the airline to find out is the shipment was sent out. They said the only shipment of live reptiles was being sent to me. That si when Al contacted me knowing if I knew anything. I told Al, no I did not know anything, but I will e-mail my exporter to find out.

Then I told Al that it looks like he was scammed after my exporter e-mail me and told me his younger brother scammed Al out of the money. I told Al I would be mroe then happy to see what I can do to either help get him a refund from the exporter or perhaps the exporter could send some additional snakes in my next order to cover Al's loss. I talked to Al on the phone abotu this and he seemed like that was a good idea.

The next day Al started to threaten me, saying I had his order. I told him I did not and told him I got four Atheris and some frogs. Al calmed down and that was that. We spoke on the phone again as I was in Houston picking the order up.

Then Al starts to threatened me saying it is my job to take care of the exporters debt. He says that he will tear apart my business name if I don't settle it by Monday. That is when I told Al that I no longer wanted to help him and that he was on his own daling with the exporter. I thought Al dragged me into this and sifted the blame to me, and I wanted out before it turned into a bigger mess. This is when Al started to threaten me more with laywers, FBI, etc. I told him to stop contacting me about this.

That is when he pulled all my venomous ads on VenomousReptiles.org. When I went public with the info about this and the e-mails, Al also successfully lobbyed to get me banned from the website saying I'll scam everyone (even though our deal a month eariler went well). He posted messages on the classifieds (which he moderates) telling people not to do business with me. I found it ironic that he told people to do business with me only after he refused to help him with the exporter (because he threatened me). Before that he was well aware of the thread on Fauna, and let me post on the classifieds. He even bought over a $1000.00 of snakes himself from me with no problems!

The only transaction me and Al did went smoothly. He was happy and I was happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsister2
Okay so now I'm even more confused. That did seem like a fairly official document detailing his shipment. So it is truly beginning to look to me like some exporter didn't send what he should have to Al. Why is Justyn involved with this at all?

Has Al been posting negative things about Justyn? Has Al had a negative experience with Justyn?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #26
kmurphy
Quote:
Then I told Al that it looks like he was scammed after my exporter e-mail me and told me his younger brother scammed Al out of the money.
There seems to be a great deal between Al and Justyn that was verbal and we are asked to take one, or the other's, word for it. There's no proof of anything except that Al attempted to import some snakes.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #27
Intense Herpetoculture
There is proof he tried to black mail me. Look at the e-mails first posted.

I don't think Al will dispute ANYTHING I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
There seems to be a great deal between Al and Justyn that was verbal and we are asked to take one, or the other's, word for it. There's no proof of anything except that Al attempted to import some snakes.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #28
kmurphy
Do you mean the "My "patients" is running thin" email? More of a threat than blackmail. Obviously you didn't take it seriously. I have to agree with an earlier poster, this belongs in Hell or some other place.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #29
Phobos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
al, I also asked WHO started correspondence with justyn's exporter.

The email exchange, which has nothing to do with you, starts partway through on ongoing exchange. Could you get joe to come here and post the entire thread of conversations from beginning to end please?

If you continue to post his emails they may be deleted.
Joe started the conversation, I got involved with the email I sent introdcing myself. No, Joe is not interested in participating in this folly.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #30
lizardsister2
Well I think it could belong here if A) Al had some evidence he wanted to post that in some transaction Justyn had acted unethically or b) Justyn could offer proof that Al not just warned Justyn but actually did make some post or take some action against Justyn without actuall evidence of wrong-doing. I think either of those instances could certainly involve poor business ethics.

But I agree with a previous poster we're basically expected to go on the word of one or the other when we don't really know Justyn did anything unethical to Al or that Al did anything unethical to Justyn.

And I'm sorry Justyn but I don't think the email you posted really shows evidence that he's done anything. Even if it is a threat it's just a threat which may be mean but it's not evidence that Al took any unethical action.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!