Couple of Questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
tsshields
Couple of Questions

So I rescued this beardie for Craigslist and he is pretty nice dosent mind being held friendly seems like he is healthy not sure if he is a male or female as of right now. So I am calling him a he for now. Anyway I used to own a bearded dragon about 3 years ago and had to stop cause of my location well I moved and I recently wanted to get another and saw the ad so I grapped him. He is in a 40 gallon breeder 100w basking light nice 18inch long uvb light I have a that rougher tile for the floor to help keep his nail down some wood and then a basking station that I built out of wood with steps and then turns in to a cool cave he can go into at night. With that being said when I first got him I gave him about half a dozen large crickets and he at them up no problem but 48 hours later he stopped eating. His basking spot is about 98 to 105 degrees and then my house is at 72 73 and I make sure his lights are on a timer and cycled. I also give me plenty of greens every other day collard greens mainly being on the diet.

I also gave him a bath which he seemed to like and seemed very thirst cause he drank the water continuously for about 5 mins. Anyway I am trying to start breeding dubia roaches instead of crickets by I am wondering should I be worried. Is something wrong or is he still just acclimating to his new home.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Id keep an eye on him for a few days and see what happens. Theres no telling if you "rescued" him off craigslist. If he came with a heat light and uvb light thats better then i see most having on craigslist, its usually just a light bulb and a tank full of sand. How large is he? Do you have an idea of age?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
tsshields
If I had to guess he is probably a year or a little under and your right he was on sand to small of a heat lamp and a uv that looked 2 years old. So i got him basking on a brand new 100w and a nice new uvb bulb. He did eat 5 this morning but now I am trying to get him to eat some greens and veggies.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Give him time to adjust to new surrounds and watch him closely. Keep him hydrated, and continue to offer food, try to mix it up he may be more prone to one feeder over another. Keep greens/veges of your choosing in tank at all times, dusting as needed. make sure he has a hideaway.... is he using his basking spot? If you think hes over a year may not hurt to drop his temps down a bit 94-98, and make sure theres a temperature gradient and a fresh uvb bulb and possibly new heat bulb if its not standard daylight or fullspectrum?

If its his new environment and changes are made should come around in a few days, a week or two if hes just stubborn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!