Good source for Mice/Rats ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
bigjej
Good source for Mice/Rats ?

I've been trying to place an order for feeders from Mice Direct but they've been out of stock for most of what I need for the last few weeks. Can you recommend another good source for frozen feeders?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
PyBoa1964
I recommend Colby Nelson with Bush Hill Rodents. He is down this way in La. but his rodents are top notch. Look him up, he is here on Fauna.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Pythonbreeder99
Best way to get a supply of rodents is to breed your own.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
bsash
I agree on breeding your own, but I also know not everyone want to be hassled with caring for them. There is a website www.southfloridarodents.com and they are fairly reasonable, great quality. They even sell african soft furred rats.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
redhood23
Americanrodent.com they offer free shipping on orders over 100

Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
Payara
There are a lot of good sources out there, if you ask 10 people your gonna get 10 different answers. I ordered some rats from Big Cheese, they were very professional and arrived to my house fast and frozen. I would also check Mouse Factory. Good luck for finding a source.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
rcpreis3
I got some from rodentpro.com and after a lil research they have mostly the best prices, depending on what u want. Also they have everything from mice to quail, guinea pigs too. Takes a while for them to ship but they are big for ur buck, and are freshly harvested and individually frozen which is why it takes a lil bit to get them. No big pinkie "snow balls." Plus Casey is real professional and nice.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Before I found a local breeder, I ordered feeders for over 7 yrs from Big Cheese Rodents, they might not always be the cheapest but (IMO) the quality and consistancy of sizing was always well worth it.

Good luck!
-April

Old 11-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #9
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I got some from rodentpro.com and after a lil research they have mostly the best prices, depending on what u want. Also they have everything from mice to quail, guinea pigs too. Takes a while for them to ship but they are big for ur buck, and are freshly harvested and individually frozen which is why it takes a lil bit to get them. No big pinkie "snow balls." Plus Casey is real professional and nice.
I've bought pink mice and fuzzie mice from Rodent Pro a couple times at the Cleveland show. I've also gotten great feeders from them, but mine came in a "pinkie snow ball". All the feeders I've gotten from them have been bagged together.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK907 View Post
I've bought pink mice and fuzzie mice from Rodent Pro a couple times at the Cleveland show. I've also gotten great feeders from them, but mine came in a "pinkie snow ball". All the feeders I've gotten from them have been bagged together.
Thats funny, when I got mine all the peach fuzzies were rolling around in the bag, "free roaming" i guess u could call it.

I was gonna use them again but I think I found a semi local breeder who will hook me up. Plus I still got about three months of food. oh well, to each his own

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!