Authentication? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
rosebud945
Authentication?

The last few times that I have logged in here, or returned rather (I stay logged in), I get a pop up that asks for authentication. Is this adware or is this site really asking for some kind of authentication? It only happens with this site and on;y since this afternoon.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
What does it look like? I just got the same thing (I think) apparently related to the Sitemeter code.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
rosebud945
Yes, thats it. What is that and is there something I should do?

Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Lucille
"To view this page, you must log in to area “tracking.sitemeter.com” on tracking.sitemeter.com:80."

Is what I am getting

Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
WebSlave
Not sure what happened, but just in case SiteMeter itself got hacked into, I removed that code from this site. If you see it pop up related to anything else, please let me know.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
rosebud945
Will do. I am paranoid. I just had to deal with credit card theft this morning, and I have no idea who got my cc number or where.

Anyway, glad to know it wasn't just me.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
Will do. I am paranoid. I just had to deal with credit card theft this morning, and I have no idea who got my cc number or where.

Anyway, glad to know it wasn't just me.
What a nightmare, there are places online that give you a list of what you need to do or maybe your bank did?

Old 06-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
ozz465
just got the message a min ago , very strange.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
rosebud945
Well, I was super lucky that both the credit card company and the merchant were very supportive. A couple apparently attached themselves to my credit card and created their own ITunes account. Itunes could see that the transactions ($20-$50 each so far! Need to start looking at back records) were not made from my account, and the credit card company can see names, so hopefully they will be caught and I will know where they gained access or stole my number. In the meantime, ITunes credited back what we have found so far, and the credit card company will allow disputes for anything else I find. They also both advised me to contact my local authorities who have opened a case.

Wasn't the best of Monday mornings. LOL!

Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
TheFragginDragon
Got it as well...all I did was hit cancel, and the page progressed as if nothing happened at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!