can advertisements be blocked? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
KORBIN5895
can advertisements be blocked?

Is there a setting somewhere to block the banners and advertisements? I assume that it's impossible as that helps pay for the site but they are killing my data plan. Juz thought I would ask.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
hhmoore
I don't get the Google ads on my phone - only the banner ads that are paid for by members. Since those are actually a part of the site, I don't think there is a way to block them.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Willow
I use a program called Ad Muncher...pretty sure there are other ad blocking programs as well. Works well for me

Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
hhmoore
Does that take out the paid banner ads, or just the google ads?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Willow
The only thing I see is "Your ad could be here" and "SerpenCo" under that on the right side....nothing else shows up =)

Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
hhmoore
It's been a while since I blocked ads, and I think at that time I specifically blocked Google ads.
I just switched browsers on my phone, due to recurrent posting issues (only on this site)...Google ads are back. I tried looking for an ad blocking app; but the only one that claimed to block anything other than ads embedded in other apps was for rooted phones only. (I don't know what that means, but apparently I don't have one, lol - the app wouldn't work...said it couldn't find the root.)

Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
WebSlave
Hmm, well tell me now, why exactly do you THINK I am running ads here on this site?

Well, sure, I can remove the ads for you all. And I might just as well shut down FaunaClassifieds while I am at it because it's no longer going to be financially viable for me to run it....

Is that what you all want?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

No. I'll even look at Stephanie.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
It's been a while since I blocked ads, and I think at that time I specifically blocked Google ads.
I just switched browsers on my phone, due to recurrent posting issues (only on this site)...Google ads are back. I tried looking for an ad blocking app; but the only one that claimed to block anything other than ads embedded in other apps was for rooted phones only. (I don't know what that means, but apparently I don't have one, lol - the app wouldn't work...said it couldn't find the root.)
I am in the same boat. I haven't the foggiest what rooted means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Hmm, well tell me now, why exactly do you THINK I am running ads here on this site?

Well, sure, I can remove the ads for you all. And I might just as well shut down FaunaClassifieds while I am at it because it's no longer going to be financially viable for me to run it....

Lol. I understand the concept but was wondering if there was an option to block some. I have 33 mb a day and I used 86 mb today. I may just have to up my data...

Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
WebSlave
Seriously, would you pay to advertise here if all of the members could block your paid advertising at will via a function I provide for them to do that?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!