Info bad check Laura Casey / DragonLady5 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #11
SuperMorph
Hopefully, this comes out with you being paid. I wouldn't allow too much time since they said the money was available a month ago. I personally don't take checks from most people unless they are someone that I know I am going to come in contact with again. I have had this problem with someone saying they are bringing cash to purchase over 20 bp's from me and when they showed up a couple days later it wasn't even him. It was an 'employee'. Plus, he didn't have the cash, it was two checks and one of them bounced right away. Fortunately I knew who he was and was able to get ahold of his wife who also is in the business with him. She didn't like that he lied to me and her about what they were getting and how payment was to be made. I had a $5 fee and his wife said she would paypal me right away. Still holding my breath nearly a year later.

A tip about paypal: paypal has no guarantees on ANY transaction that you make in this business. They will get out of it one way or another. I learned the hard way and hope people are careful about paypal. I used to use them all the time and recommend them all the time. Here is a long thread about my troubles this year with a scammer and paypal if anyone wants to read it. Now I am taking the scammer to court.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=230550

Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
kgmax1228
Question BAD CHECK

Hi Adie,did you ever get paid?

Old 08-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
Hi Adie,did you ever get paid?
The answer is... "probably" XD
They sent out a wells fargo bank check fairly quickly (within a week or so of my contacting them). So that's good! It went to my home address and the plan was my fiance would give it to me when he visited me (I'm still away from home, and will be for the rest of the month). He left a day earlier than I'd thought and the check wasn't there then, but now that he's gotten home it does seem to have arrived.
I was planning to update once I get home (around Sept 1) and am able to cash the check

Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
kgmax1228
Check

Cash it QUICK

Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
Cash it QUICK
Well, it's a bank check this time (not a personal check) so I figure it's either good or it isn't, a few weeks isn't really going to matter.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #16
kgmax1228
Talking

i am glad for you

Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
herper9
A bank check as in a cashiers check? If so those funds are guaranteed to you, meaning she had to take the money out of her account and then create a check to ensure it only went to you. If that is the case, you could cash that check two months from now and the funds would still be good as they are guaranteed.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
ophidile
Sorry to bring this to the top but I wanted to state that I deposited the Wells Fargo bank check a month ago and it has stayed good. Unfortunately the wells fargo "loan office" nearby isn't actually a bank so I couldn't instantly cash it :P The bank check looked like a the real deal but I just wanted to wait a month and make sure.

To their credit the Casey's did get the check to me quickly after I said there was a problem, I was just out of town and my fiance ended up leaving to visit me a day early and missed getting the bank check to me that way. I feel comfortable saying this was not intentional and was some kind of mistake, as they made it right quickly with minimal fuss.

That being said I think they are good to do business with just be careful accepting checks :P

I've learned a few things from this, #1 being not to set up a deal that HAS to go through or you're screwed. In retrospect, rather obvious, I just thought that since I set it up ahead of time and communication was good, there'd be no problem.
Other things; don't hesitate to remind people to bring cash / remind about other important points of a deal, and that requesting folks go to an ATM and get cash if they don't have it on them is an option too.

Thanks everyone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!