Bad Guy Dj Cagle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
EastCoastReptiles171
Dj Cagle

I had no intensions of creating this thread until 11:43am on 7/7/11 when Dj Cagle made his intensions clear to me by texting me the statement," She doesn't even weight the 1600 grams as you posted she 1100 and some change and skinny as pole wow."

*Any quotes I make are EXACTLY what were said. Spelling/grammar errors are not on my behalf it’s just because that’s exactly what was said.

Dj Cagle also made it clear to me that he was going to use any negative past feedback to discredit what I was saying.

To the beginning: On June 30, 2011 Dj Cagle sent me $185 (shipped) for:

I have breeder albino females and it just isn't worth the time to me to prove these out. I haven't been able to focus on these as much as i've wanted due to work and other priorities so they have lost weight. These have been cooled and their weights are on empty. Prices do not include shipping. Please email me with your zip code.

0.1 07’ 66% het albino. She’s about 1600g and feeds on f/t large rats. Has been over 2000g.

These are all great f/t feeders and feed every time offered. My camera was stolen so I do not have pics of each animal at this time. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Due to the approaching holiday I was not scheduled to ship until Tuesday, July 5th- Wednesday, July 6th to which Dj was aware. I generally only ship Monday-Wednesday of each week and could not Monday as FedEx, UPS etc don’t ship packages on holidays. I also avoid days around holidays due to increased shipping volume.

I bought a new phone July 5th so my texts are starting there. Though not with me I do have the old phone so if needed when I get home I can retrieve any messages sent before this day.

On Tuesday, July 5th Dj Cagle texted me asking if I’d be shipping the snake that day. I replied, “My whole windshield on my car was shattered and I can not drive it. I scheduled to have it replaced tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wednesday, July 6th at 11am Dj Cagle asked if I could ship again. I told him that I couldn’t as my windshield was currently being fixed and I wouldn’t be able to drive the car until the next day. A friend of mine who fixes cars told me that you should not drive a car for 24 hours after the windshield is replaced to allow it to settle properly.

Dj told me that it was to much of a hassle if I couldn’t ship that day, he had plans later that week, and could not break anymore. He told me that shipping Thursday for Friday arrival would be to late.

The windshield replacement only took about 30 mins total as I requested the mobile service. The guy finished and told me to let the car sit for only 45 minutes before driving. This would enable me to ship that day as Dj requested. I messaged Dj back telling him this and letting him know I would ship her for Thursday arrival avoiding anymore inconvenience and I shipped the snake.

The next message Dj sent me said that he had made plans for another snake and to refund his $185.

I messaged back that I had already shipped her and sent his a copy of the shipping label. I was already at the hub and didn’t get his last message until I was already on my way back home.

Since I was planning to ship the snake the previous day I already had the box set up and label ready to ship.

He responded, “No I sent you a text asking you for a refund before you left due to you not shipping on time. Please don’t make me open a dispute. (This was not true, and I was only one day off in shipping due to my windshield being shattered) This is not my fault it is yours you should have sent an email or text or something Monday.”

I responded, “You said you wanted a refund if I couldn’t ship today since you made plans later in the week. I did ship today. Monday was a holiday packages can’t even be shipped on holidays. I told you Tuesday (yesterday) that I couldn’t ship due to my windshield being shattered and not being able to drive my car. I told you then that it would be fixed today. You didn’t have a problem with that. I don’t know what else you want me to do.”

Dj told me to let him know what we were going to do. I told him that I didn’t know what he wanted me to do having shipped already. He stated he’d like a refund. I asked him what he planned to do with the snake to which he replied, “I can ship it back.”

I told him that I had called to stop the shipment but they told me they couldn’t. I also told Dj that shipping was $55 and I’d be willing to eat come of the shipping cost and refund $140. In the same message I said that I’d also be willing to refund $20 if he’d keep the animal just for the inconvenience.
Dj replied, “I will keep her if you want me to and the amount of the refund in ok. When are you sending it?” I replied, “Today. Thank you for being flexible and I apologize for the misunderstanding.”

Dj thanked me for, “Doing the right thing.”

An hour later he texts, “Just want to make sure the refund amount is 140 I have to send it to another person.” He then asked me when the $140 was being sent back as he needed it that day.

I restated the agreement, “If you want to send it back I’ll refund $140 and if you keep it I’ll refund $20.” Dj then stated that he’d send it back after agreeing to keep the animal.

Dj responded, “I am going to have to pay to ship her back. I not going to be out 100.00 for your mostake pso when you send the money back please include the 55.00 to ship her back I

Please have it sent by on the morning”

Last text sent July 6th.

July 7th morning - Dj messaged me, “I don’t no what your problem is why you say you are going to do something and don’t. I am giving you until 10am cst to refund the money or I am going to do a charge back and all the text message will go on faunna and kingsnake to add to your bad rep. Again you have until 10am cst.

I replied, “Ok, I would refund the money when I receive the snake back in the condition I sent it.

I sent that yesterday but it didn’t go through.”

Dj responded, “No you didnt send it back by 10 am or a charge back is going to take place and this will Be going on faunna and kingsnake.”

I responded, “I’m not refunding the money when you have the animal. NO ONE would do that.”

Dj responded, “No business would have done what you did. You are a liar and I doubt you even had a broken windshield you still have 1hr 30min to do the right thing.”

I responded, “I was telling you that I’d send you a partial refund IF you kept the animal. I’m not sending a refund If you kept the animal. I’m not sending a refund when YOU have the animal. That doesn’t make sense. *I attached a pic of my shattered windshield. I did not lie about anything. I’ll even send you a shipping label so you can send it back on my account. I have no problem sending you a refund.

I then said, “You told me that you wanted a refund because I said I couldn’t ship yesterday due to my car not being drivable. The guy that replaced the windshield said I only needed to let the car sit for 1hr not 24hrs like I was told before. I shipped the snake as you said the problem was if I didn’t ship yesterday. Since I was shipping that day I don’t see the problem. As I just said, I have no problem sending you a refund AND shipping label to send it back. But I’m not sending you a refund without the animal back in the condition I sent it. That’s a reasonable resolution. But it’s not reasonable for me to send you a refund and you have the animal. If you would like to do all of that other stuff and act like I didn’t agree to send you a refund or pay shipping or whatever then that’s because YOU’D like to have a problem.

Dj responded, “Like I said I am not going back and forrth with you we will let pay pal Handel since I have proof you agreed to refund the money yesterday, I also have all the horror stories on fauna to back up what type of person you are. You should get out of this business.”

I responded, “No problem.”

At 11:43am Dj responded,” She doesn’t even weight the 1600 grams as you posted she 1100 and some change and skinny as pole wow.”

Checking the tracking the package was delivered AND signed for by D. Cagle at 8:53am this was 30 minutes BEFORE he had even texted me the first time that morning. The FIRST thing I do when I receive a ball python is weigh it and measure it if a boa. Then I record this measurement into my records. If the snake was 500g under weight and “skinny as pole” wouldn’t Dj have stated this his first text that day, NOT the last?!?

As of now this was the last contact we’ve had.

This is the exact statement that made me decide to post this thread as it’s a complete LIE and shows that he’s willing to lie in order to make himself look right.

Dj did file a dispute with paypal stated that he never received the package. I called after getting off of work, gave paypal the tracking number to the package which escalates the dispute into a claim as paypal will look into it. The customer service woman saw that the package was delivered and told me that Dj would receive an email notifying him that I provided them with a valid tracking number and he’d be given 3 days to cancel his claim.

After I provided paypal with the tracking number Dj changed his claim to one for "not receiving an item as described." If this was true wouldn't he have originally opened the dispute under this instead of changing it later. He's just fishing for another angle.

Due to problems in the past I now take pics and/or video of each animal I sell as proof of everything. I took pics AND video of this animal before shipping it to show she was actively flicking her tongue, had no mites, was the weight I stated in the ad, and was shipped correctly and guaranteed by 10:30 as EVERY other breeder.

From looking at the pics you can see that she’s not thin AT ALL and is in a 16qt tub. If anyone still isn’t convinced by the pics of the animal I can take pics of a 1600g and 1100g ball in the same tub for comparison. You will see the difference.

I advertised this animal at 1600g and she was 1648g when I put her into the box.

The main reason I refused to send a refund before receiving the animal back was to protect myself from possibly receiving a different snake back then the one I sent and me getting screwed.

From Dj telling me that the animal was 550g less than she really is further shows that he’s willing to lie to appear that he was wronged. As FURTHER proof that the animal was the weight I stated the shipping label from FEDEX states that I was charged for a 4lb box (1816g). The animal was 1648g leaving 168g left for the 12” x 8” x 6” box, 1.5 sheets of newspaper, a cloth snake bag, and styrofoam which is all very light. If the snake was the weight Dj stated that would leave a 700g difference which that stuff doesn’t weight anywhere close to.

I'm attaching 3 pics of the snake right before I shipped and one of the shipping label. In the top right of the label you can see the weight of the box.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
EastCoastReptiles171
Here's the snake in the box I shipped her in
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
EastCoastReptiles171
Here's my windshield just as proof my car was not drivable.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Necoco
Sounds like a load of crap on his end,but i sort of know what your going through. I've had to deal with tons of those kind of idiots on ebay. XP

-- Emily Stroppel.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Riyeko
I really hope that you get this resolved and that you can call Paypal and explain the situation so he CANT get a refund since hes trying to get money out of you and keep a perfectly healthy and quite beautiful animal.

I would like to say though, damn.. what happened to your windshield!?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #6
maggie22195
I hope you get this resolved! That is also one pretty little snake! And yeah, what happened to your car?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
laterob
If what you said about his dispute is true, I don't think he has much of a chance. Could you please post the actual texts with timelines? I don't know if you can...I know some people have done it.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
EastCoastReptiles171
I came outside and that's what my windshield looked like. I have no idea.

Here's the email from Paypal's decision:
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Revolution1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
I came outside and that's what my windshield looked like. I have no idea.

Here's the email from Paypal's decision:
awesome dude thats good news

Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #10
Killer Chams
Personally I think you kept the lines of communication open thru out the whole transaction. You made the buyer aware of your predicament. He agreed to the situation. You shipped the snake out on time. It sounds like to me after purchsing the snake he decided he didnt want it anymore. If that was the case he should have stated that BEFORE the snake was shipped. After that too bad so sad the snake is now the buyers property. Thats because I wouldnt want a snake, cham, turtle, bearded or anything else back after it was in someone elses care/facility. Your risking infecting your collection or waiting months to be able to reintroduce that animal in your active collection after quarantine. He cant expect you to immediately take that snake back and sell it someone else now can he? If so he's crazy! Your stuck with a snake you had SOLD and that you cant reasonably/honorably sell again until its been properly quarantined and checked for any possible parasites.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!