Bad Guy Brian Rogers (bayedncaught) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
reptilebaby
True.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #32
rjjp
where is this guy in Ohio?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:18 AM   #33
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattyrugrats View Post
So is there anything I could/should be doing?
First thing you must do is request your snake back. That you want him shipped back, at this time, with no extension given for Brian to keep it any longer.
Then, go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
It appears that she's in New Mexico and her snake is either in Ohio or Florida, that's a hell of a long drive.
I live in Ohio and, if Brian lives in Ohio, was going to suggest my going to get the snake for the OP (with a certified letter giving me permission to get the snake for purposes of shipping it back to her)... that is, after she tells Brian that she wants her snake back and he either ignores her or says "no".
However, it appears that the snake was shipped to his work address (which was a mistake) and he no longer works there.
Locating his home address is a must.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #34
Lucille
There do seem to be causes for concern, but showing up at his home to retrieve the snake might not be fruitful. While you can file a complaint, law enforcement officials are likely not going to demand property especially when there is a writing entitling this person to have the snake for a period of time.

I totally agree with JudyC that a specific, written request for return is needed, (and additionally, spending a bit on proof of delivery of the request might be wise) especially in light of the writing giving him the right of temporary possession.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #35
crotalusadamanteus
Am I misreading, or did this guy deviate from the written agreement? And if he's just using her male randomly, then he's risking his health. A health risk is exactly what I used as reason to go get Aurora from Luis Taracena, and we had a signed notarized contract.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #36
reptilebaby
That would help alot her giving a letter stating that someone is to go get the snake back for her because she wants it now. I wouldn't trust him either at this point, with no contact.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #37
rattyrugrats
How do I get a certified letter giving you permission to pick him up for me? I've already written him to reply to me by this Tuesday (I gave him 7 days to respond) but still haven't heard anything. I'm still searching for more information on him so that I can hopefully get his home address and any other pertinent info. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #38
zooherper
Hey guys, I have dealt with Brian personally and have been to his home (he lives about an hour from me). I sold him a male boa in May. During our conversation, he mentioned that he used to live in FL. I'm not super comfortable going up there by myself to help you out, but I will go with someone else if you want to go see what's up. He seemed nice enough, but you never can tell.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #39
crotalusadamanteus
If you know where he lives, perhaps you can share or obtain his address for Jessica. That way you might be helping, but without putting yourself in the cross-hairs so to speak.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #40
Gojira1986
Breech of contract

I've read thru this thread. The first thing that sticks out loud and Clear is "breach of contract". The contract was for 3 het females. If one was already impregnated, the contract should be rewritten. The fact he didn't specifically amend the contract to include the fact the one het was not breedable and he would be breeding with someone else is a breech whether there was a verbal agreement w u or not. Unless there is another contract that you didn't tell us about. EVERYONE - the only thing that matters is what you have in writing. The rest us here say. He didn't even tell you he was def breeding w another female, just that he "might pick one up".. Not to be a jerk, no way if I were you would I have Agreed to let a snake as nice as yours be out in w a female "he just picked up" what is the new snake is sick?
My father is a lawyer. If you send me A PM I will give you his phone number so you can talk to someone w
With over 28 years of legal experience. He cannot represent you bc we live in PA, but he will consult you as to your options right now.
I know fir a fact - once the contract is breeched, the contract is null and void. Whether there was a set in stone date to return the male snake, the fact Brian breeched the contract means there is no contract and nothing giving him temporary physical custody of the male snake. He must be notified in writing he has X amount of days to return Stud muffin snake or you will alert the authorities and retain legal counsel. Hope I helped some..
I am willing tohelp anyone that needs clarification of what they can do legally.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!