Bad Guy Brian Rogers (bayedncaught) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #61
crotalusadamanteus
"Please get back to me and let me know what's going on and if I can expect to get my guy back soon"

Old 09-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #62
ScottNBecky
Brian, as for my part in this and what I said in this thread. I am not trying to paint you in a bad light, I'm just stating the situation as it happened when I dealt with you and how it turned out. I mean no offense but I would be worried if I were the OP as well. If someone has my animal I expect them to male extra efforts to keep in touch with me and as it was stated earlier it takes very little time to type an email and give a status report. As for our deal that never happened, I would have greatly appreciated some response from you as well. You assured me time and time again that you still wanted the enclosures yet never came through and supposedly moved to Florida. Now here you are still in Ohio. So what's the deal with that? I told you that if you didn't want the enclosures just let me know because I was behind schedule building enclosures for other people and could simply modify those to fill orders I already had. But you insisted that you wanted them so I sat on them an additional 3 weeks for you and then you just disappeared.

Now you are surprised that someone is worried that you aren't responding when you have their animal? Sorry dude but I don't think you have any room to be angered her.

On a side note I am fedex certified to ship so if I can help either of you get this situation resolved let me know and I'll do whatever I can.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #63
kmurphy
Quote:
"Please get back to me and let me know what's going on and if I can expect to get my guy back soon"
I understand that she said that Richard but that statement was followed by:

Quote:
(I understand if he's still busy, but things seem to have been moving pretty fast since he started)
To me that means if he is still busy then keep him. Obviously she wants some feed back. But even his "unresponsiveness" hasn't been proven.

I addition the email you quoted was written the day before starting this thread. A little short notice for a "bad buy" thread. I just think the label is premature and un-proven.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #64
crotalusadamanteus
I can agree with that. An "inquiry" title would have been more appropriate.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #65
Gojira1986
I think she was warranted in filing a thread. If I send an animal to someone and speak to them every day since my animal has been out if my possession, and then all the sudden 5 days goes by with no contact - you better believe I'm going to be posting a thread. Maybe the only reason he ultimately responded and is sending the snake back (well see if he actually does) is bc of this bad guy post. You all say how this can be incentive for some ppl to start acting appropriately.
The bottom line..
He has her snake - he failed to contact her for 5 days - she gave him a day to respond to her email before posting this thread - he did not.
Not to be redundant - but it takes 1 minute to send an email saying "studly snake is still busy - but if you need me to ship him back, we can arrange it at your earliest convenience"..
Seems to me like Brian was going to take advantage of Jess by either keeping her snake for an absurd amount of time or for good, but when he realized she used the network to get her story out, all the sudden here comes Brian - innocent victim. Does it seem a little coincidental that within hours of our thread tracking his address down, locating his home and posting pictures of it, and getting a trip planned to pick up the snake - Brian is posting on here all nice and willing to send the snake back. Just seems like it may not have happened but for this bad guy post..

Old 09-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #66
kmurphy
Natalie, Being cited as a "bad guy" on the BOI is a serious charge. No matter what the BOI critics might say the smart ones will check here before entering into a transaction with someone they don't know. The bad guy label can't be taken back so it shouldn't be taken lightly. If the snake is returned I believe the OP will feel badly about making the thread but then it will be too late. It is here to stay.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #67
ScottNBecky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira1986 View Post
Does it seem a little coincidental that within hours of our thread tracking his address down, locating his home and posting pictures of it, and getting a trip planned to pick up the snake - Brian is posting on here all nice and willing to send the snake back. Just seems like it may not have happened but for this bad guy post..
I dont want to be offensive here but I was thinking exactly the same thing. It seems pretty strange that he just happened to respond right after he was tracked down and a mention of contacting his landlord was made. Coincidental? Maybe, but if so it's a pretty big coincidence. I'll admit I'm somewhat biased because I've seen his disappearing act first hand but it is showing a lot of similarities to the deal I had with him.

I think the only difference between my deal with Brian and Jessicas deal with Brian is she took the next step and brought it here while I just let it go and sold the enclosures to someone else. In my opinion (and ONLY MY OPINION) if she hadn't brought it to BOI she never would have had any chance at all of seeing that animal again. Of course she still may not get it back but at least she has been able to establish contact.

And I don't mean to rant but am I misunderstanding the purpose of this forum? It's my impression that this forum is intended for one person to make public a problem they are having with another person and then for that person to defend themselves and attempt to resolve the issue. If Brian does indeed send the animal back then to my understanding this forum has done exactly what its intended to do.

Sorry rant over.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #68
enharmonic
While I do agree that this thread might have been the needed spark to get things rolling from Brian,

I also think that BOI really is not to be taken lightly, like what Kevin said. I know that I personally, and I'm sure others, check the BOI frequently and there have been times when I have broken a deal because of finding a bad guy thread even if ruled in favor of the accused just because the fact that a thread was created in the first place is a red flag regardless of outcome. "Even if the accused makes things right, whats to say that they would have if the thread wasn't posted," are thoughts that I have. And as such, its very important to truly reserve BOI's for when you truly feel like it is needed. I would have send the notice indicating immediate return of the animal before posting a thread.

With that said, I do believe that there is something to be said for the possible history of broken contact, with the enclosures. Past actions do tend to make future acquisitions against an individual much stronger. But at the same time, more steps could have been taken to be sure that something shady really was occurring.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #69
rattyrugrats
Here is his pm and my reply:

Re: Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not received anything from you since August 27 and I have attempted to contact you numerous times, both via this site and through email, but have not got a reply. I don't want things to get less-than-friendly between us if this is simply a communication issue, but I hope you understand my concern since you have my boa and I have not been able to contact you for about 3 weeks after numerous attempts. I would appreciate if you would send him back as soon as possible so that I can put my mind at ease. My address is 6244 Canario Court, Albuquerque, NM 87120. Let me know when you ship him (along with the tracking number) so that I can make sure to be home. Thanks for getting back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayedncaught
wtf r u talking about i have emailed u pics the other day i been working n havent got on here u not get pics i even messaged u on here numerious of times ill just send him back ill get him to stop breeding n send him back

I tried contacting him on Sept 2 about whether the albino female was new, to which he didn't respond even though his last activity (before yesterday) was Sept 6. I then pmed and emailed him on the 8 to let him know that I was getting concerned by the lack of contact (since I had tried texting and calling him before Aug 27 to no avail) but did not get a reply. I then sent emails on the 11, 12, 13, and 14 and didn't receive any replies. Therefore I didn't start this thread after one attempt at contact or a few days of him not contacting me. Before today (when I received his pm) I had not heard from him in 3 weeks even though I have tried numerous times, and in numerous ways, to contact him. I hope that he keeps his word and sends my boa back asap.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #70
rattyrugrats
Oops, can someone edit out my address? I forgot to do that and don't know how to edit my post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!