Bad Guy Brian Rogers (bayedncaught) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #71
lillyorchid
Please remember to quarantine him when you get him back! Never know what his boa's may have!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #72
Gojira1986
So kevin - you are saying that if you sent this guy a snake , didn't gear anything for an extended period of time, was not able to contact him, you would not have done the same?
To be honest, after reading NUMEROUS BOI the bigger purpose of this BOI seems to be posturing and repeated badgering of ppl when asked to provide proof..
How are posted emails PROOF? you can edit emails to say whatever you want them to say. How are texts proof when they are retyped, and have to be edited for profanity.. You are already editing the emails and texts for profanity, whose to say someone won't just add or subtract other information from emails?
The fact remains, and how many ppl agree with me? Brian did not make any effort to contact Jessica until a lawyer was mentioned, calling a landlord, and his exact location was posted. Before that Jess made countless efforts to contact him.
C'mon ppl .. Are you really that naive?
This guy has screwed ppl over before!!!!
Ugh - this is exactly why I would never use the BOI to post an issue I had.. Bc it really ends up turning into a bunch of negativity.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #73
Gojira1986
Also Kevin - reread pg 7 of thread where you reference a quote Jess made:
"I understand if he's still busy"..
How do you take that to mean to keep the animal without continuing to keep in contact with her?
Shes simply stating she understands if he's still busy but she wants to know what is going on..
She's provided plenty of proof in my eyes to having tried to contact Brian.
I think your one of those ppl who would defend someone like Brian to the end just bc it will start a back n forth confrontation..
Why is it ok for someone to keep Jess's snake, breed it to females not included in the contract, and have zero communication with her for 3 weeks?
And once again, Brian failed to respond until this BOI located him and started to make plans to get the legal system involved.
Jessica - will you regret this post IF AND WHEN you receive your snake back?
I highly doubt it, bc you probably wouldn't have got your snake.
This BOI should bring up issues like these so ppl that feel the same way as Jess, meaning ppl who would panic if someone had their snake and made no effort to contact them for 3 weeks, don't get involved w Brian. His lack of communication is enough to start a BOI to warn ppl IMO.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #74
crotalusadamanteus
The thing is, there are 3 ways to label a BOI thread. Good Guy, Bad Guy, and Inquiry/Info. Since Jessica wasn't actually scammed, or have any proof that this guy intended to keep her snake, she wasn't owed money that she didn't receive, then the title INQUIRY probably would have been more appropriate, and most likely would have yielded the same results, without actually labeling him a bad guy. I understand the lack of communication concern completely...I've been there. I'd be wanting my snake back too, and don't fault her at all for that.

BUT, if he sends the animal back, and it's in good health when it arrives, is he still a bad guy? According to the thread title, he is, and it's here for ever, and can't be edited to change the title.

We're not saying it was wrong of her to post a thread to try and get his attention, it's the label that is pre-mature.

On the flip side, Brian should take this as a lesson that communication is important, and not something that should be placed on the back burner.

And Jessica, proof read before you hit submit. Make sure the info in your post is exactly what you want out there, because that too is not going to be edited. Editing posts in the BOI takes away from the integrity and the purpose of the forum.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #75
ScottNBecky
So what about the fact that it's now been shown to be 3 weeks without correspondence? Does that not make it justified to label this a bad guy thread? I'm sorry I understand that BOI isn't to be taken lightly but if someone has my animal and refuses to contact me for three weeks that makes him a "bad guy" in my book. I tend to agree with Natalie here, I frequent the BOI to keep updated on who I should and shouldn't deal with and all too often it becomes just a "badger the OP and question their motives forum." rather than focusing on the matter at hand and trying to resolve the issue.

The fact remains that she sent Brian a snake, Brian has breached the contract of their agreement in more than one way and then disappeared. I think the point has been made that BOI is a serious matter. How about we stop arguing over spilled milk (as stated over and over, it's here and can never be removed) and try to help get this situation resolved. Or is that not what this forum is for?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #76
crotalusadamanteus
There's a difference between arguing, and explaining.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #77
ScottNBecky
I understand that and I will admit that in this thread it has been an explanation format rather than an argument format as is all too often seen on BOI so I definitely give credit to you in that regard. I just get frustrated with BOI at times because I'm sure you have seen the posters I'm talking about that badger the OP simply in the hopes of getting a rise and starting an 8 page argument. I didn't mean to imply you were one of those types and I apologize if it came across that way. Also, I think I've highjacked this thread enough with my own personal agenda and frustrations I won't be posting again unless it pertains to getting the OP her snake back in some way.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #78
Gojira1986
From jessicas post she tried contacting him since aug 27th to no avail, even tho he had recent activity on this site on sept 6th, but still never heard from him.
So if he was on here and she pm'd him, then he would have had the message waiting on here for him.
You honestly think this would have yielded the same
results with a inquiry pre fix instead of a bad guy prefix?
REALLLLLLY?
My point continues to be proven - no matter who says what on this BOI, there are ppl who will argue with it just bc they can. I swear someone could say the grass is green and a group of ppl would argue that for 20 pages.
See, it's even getting me to do exactly what I do not like about the BOI.. But Jess is a nice girl and was panicked her animal was being stolen. She did what she had to to get her snake back.. Anyone in here most likely would do the same. If I had someone holding on to an animal of mine they were supposed to return with zero contact for 3 weeks, you better believe im not going to hesitate to do whatever I need to to get the animal back! Believe me, Jess was nice, she could have called the authorities and had them get involved, most ppl would have done that. But instead she started a BOI thread and tried to get brians attn that way - so if the bad guy thread did or didn't get Brian scared enough to come on here and say he's going to send the snake back, then I think it was worth it.
There is another person saying Brian did the same thing to him only difference was, he never started a bad guy thread, even more support he was going to try to scam Jess..
And above and beyond everything else - Brian has what.. One post on here? One post saying he's returning a snake, versus 3 weeks of ignored emails and messages, and the guy has ppl defending him? He gas not even sent the snake back.. Just said he would send the snake back and after reading this thread, his word does not mean much.
You say Jess was premature to start a bad guy BOI - she went 3 weeks with no contact, then saw Brian had activity on here but still didn't contact her.. How long should one wait to voice they are bring scammed? I think a week w no contact when there was previously regular contact is more than enough time IMO.
.. But I'm sure This thread get 50 "oh contrare" messages today arguing with me

Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #79
Gojira1986
Let me clarify where I said "if the bag guy BOI thread did or did not scare Brian enough to come on here and say he's going to return the snake then it was worth it".
It was worth it bc Brian came here and said he'll return the snake - had that not happened, it still would be worth it bc Jessica was successfully able to get brians address and a picture of his home so she could try to retrieve the snake that way..
Bad communication is a big reason these BOI threads are started, why is this case of bad communication any different?
Bc Brian said he would return the snake?
Well Brian said he was breeding to 3 hets and that he'd keep in contact w Jess.. And didn't follow thru.. He said he was going to buy those enclosures from another member, but never did..
Sorry I'm not 100 satisfied e Brian saying he's going to send the snake back..
I think any of this negativity toward Jess was the only premature thing about this.. You all are going to feel bad for this if she never gets her snake back..
And if she does receive the snake soon as promised, it still took 3 weeks of messaging and a BOI to get the snake home.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #80
crotalusadamanteus
I didn't put my effort into helping her because the title said bad guy. I would have done the same if it was titled info. I wager others would have done the same.

So yes, I do feel it would have yielded the same results.

Now, how about we keep this thread on topic, and quit filling up pages with banter?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!