Bad Guy Heather Colwell / Majestic Morphs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
stevek123
Heather Colwell / Majestic Morphs

Hello all,

This BOI post is the end result of my BP purchase with Heather Colwell the owner of Majestic Morphs, located in Arlington Heights, IL 60005.

The prefix notation I used is "Bad Guy". This is my intrepretation only of the events that took place and of the dealings I had with Heather, and I do not by any means want anyone to infer or suggest otherwise. Make your own choice to buy from her or not.

I think enough has been said in the BP Fauna Forum "My new pewter is not right, Help." and those interested can review the events there. Anyone who wants to, is most welcome to contact me, and I will share all my saved correspondence, un-edited with you, between myself and Heather Colwell.

I will post a few pictures here of my pewter purchase taken the day I received him, as well as a video.

Here is the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-yDbh4KQw

Thank you all,

Steve Kovarie (AKA Stevek)
Jericho, Vermont.
steve4940@comcast.net
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
ShadowAceD
Steve, you should really post the entire situation on the BOI as well as provide all e-mails between you and Heather.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
stevek123
is it a copy and past thing? Its alot of e-mails.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
ShadowAceD
Yes, with headers. Please try to make sure it's not a bunch of duplicates as some e-mail providers repost the previous e-mail with the new one.

Otherwise, we're going to have a lot of he said/she said between you and Heather.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
stevek123
OK I will do my best. Dunno if I can get to it all tonight though.

Thanks Steve

Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
stevek123
So do I do the entire thing over from scratch?

Old 09-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
LadyOhh
Put all the information you have on here.. including e-mails and any correspondences you have had with her in regards to this transaction.

Prove your case.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
Amelanistic Orca
Scary video! Good luck with this!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
stevek123
oK I'll tackle this tomorrow, the challange is she has two e-mail addresses. Bear with me on this and thanks for the help Deim.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #10
stevek123
Hello all,

I've been told I should post all e-mails so i will do so. Plus give a review of the events, I will be as brief as possible, and let the e-mails and information on the BP Fauna Forum ("My new pewter is not right, Help.") support my statements.

Heather Colwell owner of Majestic Morphs in Arlington Hts, IL and I (Steve Kovarie from Jericho, Vermont) agreed on a sale for two BP's.
When the BP's did not arrive by their designated time I called the fed-ex shipper. Up until then tracking would only state the package was in transit. I let Heather know immediately as I was concerned with temps. Here is her reply...
"From: Heather Colwell [mailto:sales@majesticmorph.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:43 PM
To: 'Steve Kovarie'
Subject: RE: male pewter & cinny

No problem,…all packed up with Styrofoam and heat pack,…waited till last minute to drop off so they wouldn’t be sitting too long"

I posted her reply only to bring attention to her comment that she says she "waited till last minute to drop off so they wouldn’t be sitting too long". More on that later.

It took several calls more call for me to find out the BP's had traveled only one State away to Indiana in about 16 hours.

Heathers call to the shipper and my call had the same results, they would not be delivered until 10:30 the following day, 24 hour late (over 40 hrs in transit). To me that was not satisfactory, there were live animals in a box (not marked "live animals" by the way) and they needed to get stabilized as soon as possible. It took me many phone calls to finally arrange for the BP's to be expedited and delivered via Special Currier to my doorstep at 2:19 AM, shaving off more than 8 hour additional transit. I made it clear to them there were live animal at stake.

The BP arrived at the designated time. They were cold, the heat pack was warm.
They looked OK. (I was surprised they were not packed in individual deli cups for protection and so they would not be startled be each others movements). Rather they were each in their own snake bag laying directly on top of each other. I put them in their tubs and checked the bags for mites, clean. I sent Heather an e-mail that the goods were received and they looked beautiful and fine. I even posted good comments (before she shipped, she asked me to do this when I got the snakes) on her Profile at 2:17 AM the morning of delivery. I sent her an immediate e-mail that the snakes had arrived in good condition. See below. NOTE: (The bite mark I am referring to is a different bite mark I happened to notice on a pic she sent before I bought him. She never mentioned this bite mark until I brought it up.) The second e-mail below is when I asked her a/b it.

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:23 AM
To: 'Heather Colwell'
Subject: RE: ShipYourReptiles Re: undelivered package

Heather & John ,

Just arrived by special currier. 2:19 am here. heat pack still working, the guys were a little cold but seem just fine. Did the Cinny just shed? He looks very bright. Good size. Pewter is awesome. The bite mark doesn’t look bad at all. I’m sure they will appreciate the peace and quite after what they have been through.

I didn’t notice any hatch/shed/feeding info in the box. Will check better tomorrow. If nothing there I will go back over e-mails and find what I can and e-mail you on the rest if available.

I’m still looking to find out what the pastel bloodline is in the pewter. May never know but I like getting as much info as I can on their ancestry as possible. If you donot know do you think it’s possible to investigate?

Thanks again for producing such beautiful BP’s. I friended Majestic on Fauna did a complimentary message a/b working with you. Can’t figure out why I can’t rate your company though. I will work more on this later.
Steve

Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 10:34 PM
Subject: RE: female and male pewter

Hi Heather,

I have good news for you and I hope the pewter male is still available.
I have a couple of questions. I will number them for you.

Have your BP’s ever had mites?
Is the 1.0 pewter 100% defect free, no deformities?
What is the white mark on his dorsal? I have sent the pic that shows the mysterious mark.
What was the male pewters hatch wt and date?
What is he eating now?
How many meals has he had?
Do you have photos of the pewters parents?
Is the cinny 1.0 available?
Is the 1.0 cinny from the same clutch?
Do you guarantee healthy arrival and how do you ship?

END

So, after I get some sleep, I check the pewter out the same morning and see he is going crazy in his tub and he has a gash under his chin.

The rest of the story...I call and leave voice messages, send her emails. wait for a reply from her and start taking pics.

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:46 AM
Subject: pewter

Not sure how many pics I can put in one email heather, but take a look.

Pewter is super jumpy. Doesn’t want to touch anything. He’s twitching.
When I first got him last night I did notice he was a very “nervous” and jumpy. I didn’t spend and time. Just in his box and I went to bed.

There is definitely something wwrong. His head wobbles from side to side and hes moving all over this tub

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:40 AM
To: 'dolphynluv@aol.com'
Subject: pewter

Hello Heather & John,

Been trying to contact you, there are problems with the pewter.

Steve

Pls call asap 802-858-9252

S

So she never calls me back as I requested, but e-mail me this........

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:30 PM
To: Steve Kovarie
Subject: Re: FW: Emailing: Untitled

Hi Steve. We currently have many phone calls going to many of our colleagues trying to evaluate the situation. Get back to u asap.
Sent from my LG phone

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:30 PM
To: Steve Kovarie
Subject: Re: FW: Emailing: Untitled

Hi Steve. We currently have many phone calls going to many of our colleagues trying to evaluate the situation. Get back to u asap.
Sent from my LG phone

END

I finally get a video done, send it (again asked her to call me) But again no call.
NOTE: The increase in temp was in response to potential IBD concerns at that time.

Steve Kovarie wrote:

>Took me awhile, comcast will not allow a large movie.
>Downloaded a program for me to do short movie snippets. Here's one.
>Let me know what you think. He resting here not active. Much worse when
>he up and about.
>
>I increase temp on the advice of breeders to 94, up from 90.5. and
>physically placed him in his hide. He's been resting the past 2 hours
>or so in there, He must be exhausted.
>
>Call me after you see this.
>
>Thanks Steve,
>
>802-858-9252

Here's another request from me asking for Heather to call me. I'm desperate for feedback information from her, plus I'm lost alot of sleep over my concern.

Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 2:01 AM
Subject: RE: FW: Emailing: Untitled

What have you come up with as a cause. Please call ME.

BUT she never calls.

I resend the e-mail...I know she is getting them...

Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 8:09 AM
Subject: FW: FW: Emailingewter

What have you come up with as a cause. Please call ME.

BUT she never calls.

At this time I still don't know if he will die or not, I expect the worst every time I look in his tub.

Later that morning He looks a little better from what I can see, but he's 1/2 in his hide so its tough to see him. Verdict is still out on his injuries, temps have been lowered as IBD has been 90% ruled out. Heather has never gotten back to me as promised (ASAP). He eats later that day and I can see some improvement. I still haven't heard from her and am not a "Happy Camper" with her.

I again send her an e-mail, ....

Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 6:01 PM
To: dolphynluv@aol.com; sales@majesticmorph.com
Subject: pewter update

I was checking the box and there are four air holes (pencil sized) poked into it going thru the Styrofoam as well. I was actually looking for records of feeding/hatching/wts that are usually included with a BP purchase, nothing was included.

There was no labeling as to “live animal” so no telling where the box was all the time on the road. Is it possible when I told fex ex there were animals inside, that they poked the holes into the box? Could this be the cause of injury?

I weighed him and was surprise he is just 89 grm with a birth wt of 50 back on 7/12. Especially if he is taking f/t now. That sounds odd. I will try feeding him a f/t pinkie tonight.

I may be willing to keep him at a substantial discount. Think about it and I will too. I will probably never breed him and he will be “pet only”. You will hopefully make some money off him rather than losing, plus you will not have to pay for shipping him back.

Please get back to me by e-mail or phone.

802-858-9252

Steve

Heather filally gets back to me...

Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 8:49 PM
Subject: RE: pewter update

Try feeding him a live mouse, if he will eat anything after going through all this, it would be a live mouse….Im sorry I forgot the feed cards on the table, I was running around trying to get Styrofoam, and wanted to make sure I got them out to fed ex on time..I put the holes in the box before packing the snakes..I wrote FRAGILE on every side of the box..and arrows and the word “UP” on every side as well..as far as keeping him, I will have to think about that as well…Usually shipping a snake back is the responsibility of the buyer, but we can work on that,…his price was 425 shipped, shipping was $70 that would leave a purchase price of $355, shipping is non refundable, I don’t know of anyone who would refund shipping costs. and also you did get the cinnamon so we can say that shipping was for the cinnamon. Robyn at Pro Exotics, one of the biggest ball python breeders, told me that their guarantee is 24 hours, and it is the customers responsibility to cover shipping if not satisfied with an animal, and that they would get the purchase price of the animal for a refund ..minus shipping costs…I don’t see how it would be fair to us, that we ship out a healthy snake , pay shipping two ways $140.00 and get a damaged animal in return. I do find it a little odd that when you received the snakes, you posted a message on fauna that they arrived healthy and beautiful, then suddenly the next day there is a mysterious red mark on the snake and it has nerve damage,…is it possible that being soo tired you may have closed the drawer of your snake rack on its head, or the lid to its container?...I know that mark was absolutely not there when it was packed, and why is the cinnamon fine?....these are all questions running through my head…I hope you understand where I am coming from. I am in No way accusing you of anything, so please don’t take it that way….I would be willing to split the shipping cost with you on the return and give you your $355 back, or you keep the snake and I can give you $75 back and you keep the snake

END.

So. She finally gets back. to me and says several upsetting things of concern.

1. She admits she was in a hurry to meet the shipping deadline and forgot to pack the cards. Different from earlier when she said "waited till last minute to drop off so they wouldn’t be sitting too long"

2. She did forget to pack the data cards, and as of today, She still hasn't sent them.

3. She tells me shipping to me is non refundable (no one does it), and that she will do me a favor and split the return shipping with me.

4. Heather says Robyn at Pro Exotics (I'm so sorry for their loss) says
"their guarantee is 24 hours, and it is the customers responsibility to cover shipping if not satisfied with an animal, and that they would get the purchase price of the animal for a refund ..minus shipping costs".

This is not true, Pro Exotics guarantee is 48 hours. (I do not know what their return/shipping policy is for animals injured in transit. For the buyer to be stuck with the entire shipping bill (both ways) does not sound right to me.

5. She accuses me of injuring the pewter.

6. Still no response from her on what her or her "colleagues" think of the injury and trauma from the pic's and video I send.

Here's my e-mail back to her. (John is her Partner and was the only person I was able to get ahold of by phone).

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:54 AM
To: dolphynluv@aol.com; sales@majesticmorph.com

Heather,

I posted that message for your behalf, at your request to me. And at the time he appeared fine.

As I told John it was 2am in the morning when he arrived, I took them both out of the box and put them into their separate tubs. They did look fine for the very short time I held them. My concern was to warm them up, get them comfortable and de-stressed from a 34 hour shipping nightmare. The one thing I did before bed was spend time on examining the inside seams of the bags for mites. They looked OK, no mites.

The BP’s were cold, any tremors or unusual movements would be masked by the cold anyway. The next morning after he warmed up, it was very noticeable as in the video.

I circulated the pictures and video (you saw) to professional and hobby breeders for feedback on the injury. By far the feedback on the chin injury pointed to a bite mark, or to a much lesser extent, injury during the early initial part of shipping. The photos show the gash had already undergone partial healing. Some have said if the box was dropped and the snakes head was on the side something could have happened, but by far everyone says it’s a bite mark, just by looking at it.

I am not in the mood to argue with you. I’m the one who spent the time and placed the many calls to get this shipment expedited to me by special currier, otherwise your call to your shipper would have meant the BPs would be in transit for 43 hours time. As it was, the 2 am delivery I arranged had the box 34 hours in transit (15 1/3 hours past due). There still has been no explanation as to the delay. Did your shipper ever get back to you on this?

Heather, I am the one who e-mailed you numerous times and left messages and you never got back to me on this situation. If it were me I would have called my customer at least every day to check on the condition of the pewter. Even here in your e-mail you don’t really ask how he is doing. I was the one who spent all hours of the night communicating with breeders about this, worried about his health. I was even speaking to a neurologist about this. Did you take the time to investigate his condition from the pics and video? You told me you were going to. John said you found out nothing. Point I am trying to make is you have not done much except forget to send the data cards. You made a phone call to your shipper to handle the late shipment for you, and accepted his answer that a 43 hr shipment was OK, and point a finger at me!!! And it would not surprise me if the data cards are still at your place, unsent.

My understanding is that returns for unsatisfied customer where shipping is the customer responsibility is for just that, purely unsatisfied customers, buyers remorse if you will…..NOT customers who have received injured snakes or those with potential neurological damage or excessive stress. YOU should know that. And when you spoke to Roybn at Pro-Exotics about guarantees and he told you 24 hours, what did he have to say about the pictures of the injury and the video? You didn’t say. If you truly believe you did not play any part in his injury, you have legitimate reason to go after the shipper, not suggest I closed a lid down on top of him.

The forums are full of comments on this from my inquiry. Possible heat exposure, combined with rat bite marks or shipping injury, trauma, neurological damage. Whatever the cause, they all say bottom line, you should do what is right. I am sure the well respected breeders who told me the injury was a rat bite (that happened before it was shipped), would love to hear your comment suggesting I may have inflicted the injury myself.

Bottom line is, a BP with an injury, experiencing trauma, stress, or other was sent to me, and you are taking absolutely no responsibility for any of it. Shame on you Heather.

Many have told me you need to “step up to the plate” and make this right. You have insulted me by suggesting that I did it and then you tell me I pay for shipping. Do the right thing Heather. Take the snake back, you pay for the overnight shipping to your door, with a call tag/pick-up to mine. I would expect a full refund. Of $425.00, exactly what I paid for him

I would be willing to split the shipping out to me $35, so refund $390 and I’ll chalk it up to a bad experience.

The other option: I am willing to keep him for $100. You will not have to pay for the return shipping plus you made some money, and I will take my chances. You saw the video, you saw the pic’s, so you know what I have been dealing with. I doubt he will ever be bred though. And I will have a BP with an unhealed wound that could develop into who knows what. Other reputable people in this business have told me an offer of $100 is very fair. To suggest to me a $75 discount (off a $425 price tag) for a potentially non-breedable, pet quality BP with an open gash under his chin is absurd. That’s pretty much what you would have saved by not having to ship him back.

I would very much like to work out an amicable solution Heather. I have hypothetically; put myself in your shoes, put yourself in mine as a customer.

Sincerely,

Steve Kovarie

Here is her reply:

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:15 PM

You pay the shipping on the cinnamon 70$ plus the purchase price of 85 totaling 155….$512.50 what you sent me ..minus the 155 is 357.50 that is your refund amount…split shipping on the return of the pewter and we will be done…I will not let that snake stay for $100 dollars,…I will take it back and wait for it to get better or cull it….this Is more than fair in my opinion, as well as the opinion of many others.

END.

So she wants me to pay 2/3's of the shipping to return him. She honestly thinks that is fair.

Still no explanation as to the shipping delay, still no input as to the injury or tremors.

Heather has NEVER asked how the pewter was doing.

MY response...

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:36 PM

Honestly Heather, I feel uncomfortable shipping the poor fellow back. I just don’t want to see him stressed any more.

I would be prepared to keep him and take my chances if you are willing to help me out for the risk involved. Understand that there is a chance he is not breedable, and not sellable as such. The tremors and twitching signify some type of stress or neurological imbalance brought on by hot, cold, rough handling. Possibly the injury had something to do with it and we will most likely never know. Sterility is a chance. Breeding could bring on additional stress hence spasms too. Lets get this behind us so we can move forward. Put on your thinking cap and lets come up with a price for him we both feel comfortable with. OK?

Her reply... NOTE: Heather finally asks how he is 4 (four) days after I first told her he was hurt.

Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:26 PM

How is the pewters condition? Has he calmed down yet? Can you do me a favor and take another little video snip of him twitching, but put a piece of paper with todays date on it next to him…I am going to use this as leverage to try and hold the shipping company partially liable, I don’t feel that they should get off so easy.

(END) I've been putting these in (steve)

So, looks like Heather is going to approach the shipper for compensation...here is my reply...

Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:34 PM

He has shown improvement. Especially from yesterday to today. I’m glad you asked . I believe a quiet atmosphere, a consistent environment (91 F temps on his warm side) and eating a meal the other day has helped greatly. After he ate the other day he started doing full tongue flicks instead of the tiny ones that barely come out. I have been treating the chin gash with diluted providone-iodine solution daily. Swelling has come down some, and we will see how it sheds at some point. The gash is uneven if you look at it from the side, horizontally, the edges do not line up at all from a profile. It may or may not be problematic and time will tell. Thank you.

Showing a video of him today would mean nothing to Fed-ex as it only documents his current condition and not his condition upon arrival. They could easily refute any video taken today. The video I sent was of him the same day he arrived. The gash under his chin was taken the same day he arrived. He arrived around 2:19 AM. They can document the arrival time I signed for him more exact. I also have the ph # of the currier service if we need it. The Pics I sent you were at 10:46 AM. So say 8 hrs after receipt of package.

That is the proof needed to get some shipping compensation, if it’s even possible. The fact that a claim was not made until now will weigh heavily on any liability. I can help you document the dates and times of the pics and video, and of course I am more than willing to help verify any and all of this in writing. If you want I can get a signed document via a notary if necessary. I also have personal e-mails from breeders as well as the forum records with comments from professional breeders on the seriousness of the tremors in the video, and the possible long term effects because of it. Causes of the tremors cover a wide spectrum. From initial IBD and genetic neurological damage to non-genetic neurological damage: from poor handling in transit, excessive heat, cold, bite trauma or shipping injury. As time went on the more serious “causes” of the tremors like IBD and genetic were ruled out.

It took me time to take pics after my shock wore off, and more time to compose the video, down load a program to accept it, and then after several unsuccessful attempts to send it, called my computer service people in frustration. They researched and finally told me my provider would only allow sending short snippets of video. So I had to learn how to edit a video before sending it, all something I have never done before. I’m not terribly computer savvy Heather, I’m going to be 60 in a few months. I would show Fed EX the video taken immediately after with the e-mail date along with pic’s of the injury.

Anyway, the concerns, as you know of course, are hidden ones which are unfortunately just that. No one will really know if he is breedable until he reached 900 grams and proves himself, which will be in about a year and a half. I‘ve still been researching and getting a lot of feedback from breeders. The general consensus, now that there are signs of improvement (eating was a biggie), and the tremors have lessened, is that any Neurological damage to him “should” be confined to him only and should not pass onto the offspring (if he can in fact breed). Of course everyone uses the word “should”.

I will try feeding him again tonight. And I will be happy to keep you updated on his progress.

I hope we are good with the 125 in compensation. It’s a lot less than I was expecting, but I too just want to get this all behind me.

Thank you for asking about the little guy.

Steve

(END)

So, I gave her a more detailed account of the pewters progress, since she ASKED how he was doing.

I told here she has the proof she needs in the pics and video for sending to the shipper for compensation.

Here's her reply.

Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:50 PM

I would find it very useful to have a current video of the tremors, with the date next to the snake

END

My reply....

Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 9:05 AM

Why? That makes no sense to me at all?

END.

Her reply...

Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 3:45 PM

I want to see the pewters condition as of right now with my own eyes…If you cannot do this, you may pack him up and send him back to me for the refund we spoke of.

END.

My reply...

Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 3:34 PM

So none of this really about getting money back from the Shipper is it?

As I mentioned earlier the tremors have lessened, I watched him for ten minutes today and I saw none. So they are not as bad as before. I will not stand over him with a camera, trying to catch a tremor with my camera on.

Do you think I prefabricated the earlier video and doctored the pic’s I sent you? Do you think he is 100% perfect now? Maybe the gash under his chin wasn’t real and it was just make-up? Truth be said I received damaged goods from you. You know it and I know it and there are plenty of other’s out there who know it. The trauma he experienced both physical and neurological could affect his breeding ability. You know that. If you don’t then you are not qualified to be a breeder and have no business selling animals. Seeing a video of him now proves nothing about his breeding capability Heather, and that is what the compensation is all about, that is why he was purchased. Maybe you should take another look at the video I sent along with the pictures to refresh your memory on his shipping condition.

I told you I do not want to send him back. That is just not right for him. I asked you for very reasonable compensation. (It has been suggested that ½ refund is reasonable) I asked for a paltry $125, you said you would do $100.

Fine…. send me the $100 dollar you agreed to compensate me for, along with the data cards that are still on your table and we will call is square.

END.

Heather's reply...

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:44 PM

My final decision is, ..if you are not satisfied with the snake you received , return it for a refund,…otherwise keep it for the price you paid…

END.

My reply...

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:47 PM

No problem Heather, you are not true to your word.

I will be posting a BOI on you and your business.

I sent a second e-mail.....

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:22 PM
To: sales@majesticmorph.com

You still owe me the data cards. You have had them for a week.

END.

Her response...

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:58 PM

Was not sure what you were keeping or sending back, I will send when you make your decision if you are keeping the snakes or not. As I have said, you are more than welcome to return the snakes for a refund if you are not satisfied, tell you what , I will even cover the return shipping,…post what you like,..I will respond with every email to and from.

Please let me know if you want a call tag sent.

NOTE: UNKNOWN TO ME, 20 minutes before she sent me the last e-mail offering to pay 1/2 the shipping, HEATHER COLWELL had made a post on the thread I started on FC. Saying she had offered to pay for 1/2 the shipping. I will post it here...
posted 9/27/11 @ 6:19 PM

I am the breeder of this pewter. My name is Heather, When this snake was shipped, it had a small bite mark on his back, this was fully disclosed along with several pictures from different angles of the snakes bite mark. I assure everyone that when the snake left my hands and was packed in a styrofoam box , in a snake bag padded with newspaper, There was no red mark on the chin, the snake had no tremors, and was eating like a champ!..the heat pack was taped to the lid of the box, and there were several layers of newspaper between the snake and the heat pack...There was a delay in the shipping...when Steve finally did receive the snake, He posted a comment on Fauna saying that the snakes arrived healthy, and was happy with them...I .M .O wouldnt anyone who was sooo concerned for the welfare of the snakes being delayed, THOROUGHLY check them over prior to placing them in your rack??????? I would...we were negotiating either return or partial refund, when I asked for a current video of the snakes condition,...Steve came up with every excuse in the book not to send me a current one...I then told him either keep the snake, or return it for a refund minus shipping, I would even pay return shipping....Now he threatens me with the BOI and slander.... I have all Emails saved back and forth sent and received on a daily basis..and can provide them for all to see if necessary. It is unfortunate that this happened to the snake, however , hopefully he makes a full recovery and grows to be a successful breeder...He is a beautiful animal, and I have no problem taking him back...
Heather

Here's my Forum post reply.

Hi Everyone,

I see that Heather has joined us. I don't know if this is the place for disputes but Heather needs to be honest and put the events in their proper perspective. First off she has once again insulted me by stating I am slandering her. I am only stating the truth. And by not revealing all the facts accurately she has actually slandered herself. All my e-mails are open book for everyone here as well as all of Heather's replies.

There were two snakes shipped but I refer to the pewter only here.

The snake arrived by special currier at 2:19 AM. He was cold, but looked fine from what I could tell. I placed him in his tub to warm up and de-stress after a very long trip. I spent time examining the inside snake bags for mites, none. And I posted a response that the snake looked fine. I was sure at the time that she was concerned about him because of the lengthy shipping delay. Any tremors from injury or shipping stress could easily be masked by him being cold. I did comment that he was "jumpy" at the time I unpacked him.

Of course the pewter looked fine when it was boxed up. It wasn't subjected to 34 hours of shipping, in who knows what temps, or what kind of banging around. Now I haven't received too many snakes in the mail compared to those here, maybe 60 hatchlings in total, however, this was the very first time they did not come in a deli cup or inner container for additional protection. There were two snakes in separate bags directly on top of each other touching. Anyway if the transit time was left up to Heather the pewter would have been in transit an additional 8 hours.

I immediately sent her pictures and video as soon as possible to her, she got back to me 11 hours later with this remark Quote: "Hi Steve. We currently have many phone calls going to many of our colleagues trying to evaluate the situation. Get back to u asap." Well guess what she never got back to me. I left messages and e-mails. This was Thursday at 9:30PM. To date there has been no getting back to me with information on the pewters condition she was researching. IN fact through out the entire time she never asked how he was doing until I finally "put her on the spot about it". I have asked and have never had an explanation from her as to why the shipment was delayed either.

Heather and I went back and forth on compensation for the snake, she wanted to give me $75 on a $425 purchase for the pewter, and i didn't know if he was going to survive the next hour, let alone the next day. I honestly thought it was too little given the risk and his expense. She did go up to $100. I eventually said I wanted $125. Her Quote to me: "The best I am willing to do is give you $100 and you keep him".

When I made it clear to Heather I wanted to keep him, she asked me for a current video to go after the shipper for liability. Her e-mail Quote: "Can you do me a favor and take another little video snip of him twitching, but put a piece of paper with todays date on it next to him…I am going to use this as leverage to try and hold the shipping company partially liable, I don’t feel that they should get off so easy." I told her that the shipper would be interested in the video and pics taken the same day he arrived (that she already had) and not one several days later. Here is her reply back to me. Quote: "I want to see the pewters condition as of right now with my own eyes…If you cannot do this, you may pack him up and send him back to me for the refund we spoke of.". So ...this is what she is referring to as me using every excuse in the book to not send her a current video. This was on Monday 9/26.

I have e-mailed her and told her I would be happy to accept her offer of $100 compensation for me to keep the pewter but she has gone back on that and refuses to keep her word.

I find it interesting that she posted here today that she told me she would pay for the return shipping. She e-mailed me that information 20 minutes before she posted here! After I had already told her I was going to do a BOI on her. Quote: "tell you what , I will even cover the return shipping".

I do not want to infer anything here. That is up to you. I will say in closing defense to her remark about me slandering her. Heather Colwell owner of Majestic Morphs has outright insulted me twice. The first time she insulted me was to imply that I caused the chin gash on the pewter myself. Quote from her e-mail: "suddenly the next day there is a mysterious red mark on the snake and it has nerve damage,…is it possible that being soo tired you may have closed the drawer of your snake rack on its head, or the lid to its container?".

The second time she insulted me was here in this Forum in front of everyone.

Thank you all,

Steve Kovarie
Jericho, Vermont.

And that folks is my experience with Heather Colwell owner of Majestic Morphs located at 603 East Talcon Drive, Unit 2, Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Everyone who has spent the time to review all this has my greatest respect.
I in no way want to infer or suggest anyone buy or not buy from Majestic Morphs. We are all smart enough to make our own decisions and live with and accept the consequesces of our actions.

Steve Kovarie (AKA Steve k)
Jericho, VT

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!