Bad Guy Heather Colwell / Majestic Morphs - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #91
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
So shipping was not refunded? Did you offer the insurance to the buyer and they declined? As a seller that would be the first thing I would do unless they flat out declined the insurance. It was up to you to either offer it to the buyer or just include it in the shipping cost.
Especially if you expect the buyer to eat the shipping...

Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #92
stevek123
shipping insurance was not offered to the buyer.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #93
ophidile
I thought shipping insurance was pretty much useless, since UPS and FedEx do not insure "perishable" goods? The only company I've heard of refunding the cost of shipping because of delay (not the animals) was shipyourreptiles, and that after some back-and-forth if I recall correctly.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #94
Show Me
I know for a fact UPS and Shipyourreptiles will refund overnight shipping if they didn't get it to you on time. I've had both refund me. I've noticed a lot of breeders pocket the refunded money instead of giving it back to the person that paid for the shipping, which is awful. I got a breeder that owes me shipping money right now and I'm sure I will never see it.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #95
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
I know for a fact UPS and Shipyourreptiles will refund overnight shipping if they didn't get it to you on time. I've had both refund me. I've noticed a lot of breeders pocket the refunded money instead of giving it back to the person that paid for the shipping, which is awful. I got a breeder that owes me shipping money right now and I'm sure I will never see it.
That is good to know, I didn't think UPS did that! ... is that "insurance" or just standard policy if you pay for overnight shipping but don't receive it?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #96
Show Me
You have to call UPS and complain... the bad thing is they refund the one who gave them the money & booked the shipment.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #97
Show Me
Oh and it's standard policy as far as I know.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #98
chris allen
With syr you have to purchase the insurance now which would cover the shipping cost if delayed.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #99
Show Me
Quote:
With syr you have to purchase the insurance now which would cover the shipping cost if delayed.
I seen that they now have insurance you can buy for the reptiles however they use Fed Ex which has a delivery commitment so the shipping should still be covered if delayed even if you don't get insurance on the animals however SYR may have changed their policy. Something to look into.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #100
Show Me
Quote:
Are you saying it's mandatory insurance for the animals being shipped? How much are they charging for that?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!