Local pet store.... score - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
blackfriday.tyler.
Local pet store.... score

i have not purchased a snake in many many manly months now, i have become very interested in marine reef keeping along with my first child on the way. im not saying that i have gotten out of the hobby at all, but i have not bought anything lately, and have just been pairing the snakes i do have, but yesterday while at the local pet store getting water, i came across this little guy, and couldnt pass him up.

he was mixed in with about 10 normals all priced at 60.00 which is deffinately a pet store price for normal ball pythons, but ill take a yellow belly male any day for 60$

they had also told me it was a female, and would not let me pop "her" until i paid for her... then i pop "her" infront of them all and they are like... oh guess we sexed him wrong.. DUHHH...

let me know what yall think... his color is nice and will suit my collection well....

SCORE....

Old 07-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
FireStorm
Very nice! From the first pic, he looks like at least a partial blackback as well. Nice find

Old 07-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
blackfriday.tyler.

yes he does... i didnt even think about that! he has alotta speckling as well.. almost granite like, hope he makes me some nice stuff in a few years!

Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
P&A Pythons
Nice pick up.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
HRoss
i would put that to a yellow belly or ivory as soon as it can breed, and see what comes from it. the belly is very interesting. I think you might have a chance at something very special in the yellow belly family.

that being said sometimes black backs will do that to the belly pattern. i am curious what pet chain it came from.

thanks
howard

Old 07-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
bkline
looks like a decent yellowbelly to me

Old 07-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
phoenix-cry
If some just said 'guess the morph' I'd say yellow belly or a black back yellow belly. Awesome find!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Kingofspades
Nice find.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
blackfriday.tyler.
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I was pretty excited to buy a snake... Its been a while now... I was really hoping it was a female like the dude at the pet store had said, but its not... I was gonna take my ivory to him, but now ill have to wing it.. And i have a buddy i work with who has a yb female.. I also think im gonna go back up to the store and see what i can find out about maybe where it came from, local breeder, import etc. I thought it was weird how his belly is not concistant the whole way down. His last quarter of his body/ tail is very very nicely checkered. Thanks again guys!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
Kurohyo
Man, I'm never passing the pet store balls now LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!