lemon creme x killer bee - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #11
kalerway2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
I'm not saying lemon cremes don't exist lol. I'm just saying you can't have produced one with the pairing you describe. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say.
I didn't say that I did lol. I asked what I DID produce because it is not anything I am familiar with

Old 08-23-2019, 05:21 PM   #12
kalerway2019
Percent Fraction Genes
12.5 % 1/8 Pastel (Pastel Jungle)
12.5 % 1/8 Pastel Vanilla
12.5 % 1/8 Lemonfly (Lemonback Pastel)
12.5 % 1/8 Pastel Spider (Bumble Bee)
12.5 % 1/8 Lemonback (PE Fire line) Vanilla Pastel (Pastel Jungle)
12.5 % 1/8 Lemonback Bumble Bee (Lemonback Spider Pastel)
12.5 % 1/8 Bumble Bee Vanilla (Pastel Spider Vanilla)
12.5 % 1/8 Lemonback (PE Fire line) Vanilla Spider Pastel (Pastel Jungle)

would the Lemonback Vanilla Pastel be a pastel lemoncream?

Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #13
elena
Some possibilities that would explain the exceptional appearance of the hatchling:
1) One or both parents have additional genes that you don't know about.
2) The hatchling is "just" a vanilla pastel or lemonback pastel, but is outstanding in appearance.

The only real way to figure this out is to raise up the hatchling and breed it out. I'd suggest pairing it with a lemonback with no other genes and see what happens. You may also consider contacting the breeder(s) that produced the parents, to see if there was any possibility of additional genes being at work.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #14
kalerway2019
The male is LEMON BACK VANILLA and the female is a SUPER PASTEL SPIDER
put those in in the genetic wizard and walah! LEMON BACK VANILLA AND PASTEL is posible! All I would like to know is what other people think the genes are in this snake not to try and prove someone wrong

Old 08-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #15
elena
The percentage breakdown you showed is not accurate for this pairing. It would be if lemonback and vanilla are on seperate loci, but they are not. Most if not all morph calculators are not sophisticated enough to adjust their formula for compatible co-dominant genes.

Real breakdown:

25% pastel lemonback
25% pastel vanilla
25% pastel lemonback spider
25% pastel vanilla spider

As you see, no cremes.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #16
kalerway2019
this is why I don't post because people like you so you're telling me that the genetic wizard is phony telling lies?

Old 08-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #17
elena
No, I'm just saying that it is flawed. Most morph calculators were created before compatible co-doms came on the scene and have not been updated to accommodate for them.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #18
kalerway2019
Another way I know you're wrong because whenever I cut the eggs that were bad the pattern was there and some of the coloration and I had more than four different snakes I can prove that to if you would like

Old 08-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #19
elena
I give up, believe what you want. It's sad that you spent money on a morph without doing the research to understand how the genetics work. People like you are one of the reasons why it is so hard to trust what "breeders" say the genetics of their animals are. Just do me a favor, when you list your animal for sale, whatever you decide to call it, list the pairing too so people with more knowledge than you can make up their own minds about what your animal may or may not be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!