Dead Albino Boa through Delta Dash...... Need to Vent!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:20 AM   #1
MattP
Dead Albino Boa through Delta Dash...... Need to Vent!!!

Hi,

I'm very upset right now and need to VENT! I bought a beautiful Albino Boa 100% het for Stripe..... it even showed some striping. It was produced by Pete Kahl and it was beautiful. The seller and I agreed to have it shipped Delta Dash on Sunday the 16th. I work on Sunday so I was planning to go pick it up after work. I went home first to check my emails, and the seller told me that the only flight coming to my airport was scheduled to arrive around 9:15 pm and it takes about 45 minutes to get the snake to the Delta Dash desk. So, I got to the airport at 9:55 pm............ and went to the Delta baggage claim area. The guy at the counter told me I had to go to cargo, to pick up my snake. I had only been to this airport once, and had no idea where cargo was......... It was on the other side of the airport. I drove around the airport twice, and still could not find cargo...... I had to ask three different people before I found Cargo. these people did not no how to give proper directions.

I finally found Cargo at about 10:45 pm, guess what.......... It was closed (closed at 10:30pm)! But, there was guy inside who came to the door (At this point I thought YES! I caught him before he left........) Well, the guy opened the door and told me to come back in the morning, when they are open. They open at 5:00 am. I thought bullshiz, I drove an hour and half to this airport....... and I NEED MY SNAKE! I told the dude that I just need my package and I would go. I also told him that the snake was $1500.00 and it would die from the cold if I don't get it! He refused............ MOTHER F@#%er! I was pissed! HE WAS HOLDING THE PACKAGE TWO FEET INFRONT OF ME!!! Well, all I could do was go home and drive back in the morning.

Well, you all know what happened.......... I went to the counter, signed for the package, and opened it................. IT WAS DEAD!!!! The supervisor felt very bad for me, and wrote on the label DEAD ON ARRIVAL. He gave me a claims form and told me to send all my reciepts, pictures and forms, to the Atanta office. I have sent the forms, and now I'm waiting for a response from Delta.

Has anyone sent claims forms to Delta Dash? How long did it take for you to get your money?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
MR_Jungle_Mist
Matt-

Sorry to hear about your DOA. We've not done any dealings with Delta Dash but we did have a little tiff with AA at some point. We were shipping an adult retic for someone. Had her all nice and packaged up with styro, holes, nice strong box, etc etc. Well, I went to the airport and sat in the car with her to make sure I was there right on time. I was supposed to be there between such and such a time to get it on cargo. Plans had been made in advance, etc etc. Well, when time came I checked her in and had her on her way. When I got home (5 hours later - I drove 5 hours to get to the St. Louis, MO airport) I checked and found that the flight had been delayed. I made the appropriate calls and found out the plane had mech. problems and they had to unload everything until they could move it to another plane. Now, this was practically mid-summer, last flight out that would have made it in time, flight was to leave in late noon / early evening.

Longer story short.....when the buyer received the snake around 2am he said he opened the box and could feel the heat even before getting too far into the box.

Our best guess - the snake had been left out for hours in a plane and in the sun while waiting to get re-loaded into another plane.

After all was said and done, AA said it was not their fault, and all they could do was say "sorry". They didn't, by the way.

I hope you have better luck with Delta. Let us know how things turn out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!