Mods, I'm curious - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #31
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Wes, to answer your question...No you dont intimidate no one here, not even the girls!

You walk a fine line my friend, normally with both feet over it.

uh... if i were a mod, id be intimidated... hes Darn good with words, and i am not, plus hes pretty smart/quick and i am not. If i were to warn him for something, it better be cause he really deserved it, and not just because he might have made somone mad.
So, dont lump everyone in one category there .... I admit, and i dont feel wrong for it, or embarassed. I think ive even told him that.... have i wes? i dont even remember now... probably in chat or something?

BUT. i like Wes, and not just because he has funny posts.. Hes a good guy in the end. and thats what counts.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #32
Stardust
Hmmm, I have debated on whether to respond to this at all. Partially because Wes wanted me to, even has a new name for me because I didn't when he wanted me to but mostly I didn't want to respond to it because I REALLY REALLY do not like all this drama crap.

With regards to this site I am not afraid to stand up to Wes. There are many many times where he doesn't like it and I get crap for it but tough. I call it as I see it and he and I do not agree on many levels and there are times we do agree, oh well.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #33
Ed Clark
Roz, I agree that the ....DRAMA can be overbearing at times. and you should never be intimidated by anyone.

I really like that Wes has called others here by MR. it shows total respect and thats something worth seeing more of. Kudos Wes I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Hmmm, I have debated on whether to respond to this at all. Partially because Wes wanted me to, even has a new name for me because I didn't when he wanted me to but mostly I didn't want to respond to it because I REALLY REALLY do not like all this drama crap.

With regards to this site I am not afraid to stand up to Wes. There are many many times where he doesn't like it and I get crap for it but tough. I call it as I see it and he and I do not agree on many levels and there are times we do agree, oh well.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #34
christopher66
Quote:

I really like that Wes has called others here by MR. it shows total respect and thats something worth seeing more of. Kudos Wes I like it.
Come on Ed, i find it hard to think that you think its being done out of "total respect ",IMHO its done in a condensending manor....just like i believe this quote of yours is done in the same manner.
And we can could change the word condensending to antagonism very easily.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #35
Stardust
Quote:
Roz, I agree that the ....DRAMA can be overbearing at times. and you should never be intimidated by anyone.

Let me clarify this for you Ed. I am NOT intimidated by Wes altough Wes is not above trying, it just doesn't work with me.

I do not like the drama and I chose when I came back here to try and steer clear of it when I can. Wes is always surrounded by drama so I CHOSE not to partake in it whether I agree with the subject matter or not.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #36
CurtisF
I'm more curious as to whether of not people think this is working.

So, mods, I'm curious. Or, if so inclined, people in general:

Do you think the new system is working? IE - better than it was.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #37
Stardust
Curtis,

For me personally, I think it is too early to tell. I know that people are trying and for me it is an area of fauna I have never been in before, so trial and error as there can not be set in stone lines to some of the rules. I am fine either way, whether I am a mod or just cleaning or just chatting with people I like and respect on here.

I am not going to bash anyone here, people are trying and that is all one can ask of anyone.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #38
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
It has been mentioned by His Majesty that I have intimidated you mods to the point that you do not ding me when you feel you should.

In point of fact, I think the only mods I've even had harsh words with were mr. clark and mr. frank. At least since my last big time out. I'm not counting dand since he's no longer a member here.

Jay and I seem to have worked through our "stuff" and I never had any stuff with Dennis or Ken and The King, well, he hits me when he feels it necessary and, as with all the other mods, if I disagree I say so and if I agree I generally say nothing.

Do you mods feel that I have intimidated you? Would you hold off dinging me for some reason?

I feel, and it may well be in error, that if you guys felt I deserved dinging, you'd ding away. Is this feeling wrong?

I'd really like to know.

Thanks,
W
Well, I'm not a moderator here, but I am a moderator on another site where you've posted. I will admit that the first time I had to edit a post of yours for a TOS violation I was a little apprehensive at first, but then I realized that I've never known you to fight a legitimate warning. I don't really know if it was intimidation or if it was a struggle over having to reprimand you for something where I agreed with you had said but still had to uphold the TOS. My guess is that it was a little of both. Anyway, if memory serves me correctly, your response to my warning was along the lines of "Thanks for letting me know what's going on." So, a legitimate warning received a respectful response. It would be awesome if all warnings I had to issue would receive the same. My warning to you may very well have been the last time I issued a warning without the recipient getting argumentative, whiny, or trying to point the finger at someone else even though it was several months ago. As a moderator, I appreciate that. A lot.

So, I guess to answer your original question I'd have to say that no, you aren't an intimidating member to moderate, provided that I have a legitimate complaint and all my together before confronting you. I see no problem with that at all.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #39
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Come on Ed, i find it hard to think that you think its being done out of "total respect ",IMHO its done in a condensending manor....just like i believe this quote of yours is done in the same manner.
And we can could change the word condensending to antagonism very easily.
So by referring to Mr Frank, and Mr Clark, Wes is being antagonistic??
I hope that I am paying attention the day somebody issues THAT warning...and if I'm not, somebody give me a wakeup call. I would hate to miss the party

Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #40
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
So by referring to Mr Frank, and Mr Clark, Wes is being antagonistic??
I hope that I am paying attention the day somebody issues THAT warning...and if I'm not, somebody give me a wakeup call. I would hate to miss the party
Aww come on, lets call it for what it is. Lack of using caps for names and on and on. Wes does what he does, he plays games and can be rude, crude and crass, he clearly likes the drama and being the center of it. He can also be nice, caring and good with snakes.

Would some of that be worth warning points? Naw, IMO that is just who Wes is and he has outted some bad guys being who he is but I am not going to say that he is this guy with angel wings who is simply misunderstood.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!