Heartbreaking..... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #31
NorthernRegius.com
Glad the other eggs hatched & honestly it may take a clutch or 2 to totally rule out your het girl... I bred a Black Pastel to two girls and hatched out all normals in one of the clutches! He was the only male that those girls saw so sometimes the odds can be weird.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #32
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72

Mind you, I've had plenty of time to cool off and think about this sensibly at this point...
You're a good mom, they are lucky to have you.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #33
Cat_72
Thank you, Deb.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #34
JeffFlanagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
if you read the thread, they were her kids.
I'm aware of that. I assumed that if they're old enough to be left home alone, they're old enough to take responsibility for their actions. That they haven't really bothers me. Maybe they're really young and shouldn't have been home alone, but I don't have any reason to think that's the case.

I think dropping them at the orphanage would be a bit much, but having to work a crappy teen job for a year to pay for what they've done wouldn't be out of line. Harming other people, in this case causing the death of expensive cherished animals, and lying about it should have consequences.

I don't want to tell someone how to parent, I'm generally way too laid back to stick my nose in anyone's business ever, but taking responsibility for our actions is the most important thing we learn or fail to learn as we grow up. Also killing snakes makes me really angry.

I do think it's great that Cat stayed calm about a situation that would send a lot of people over the edge. Better to under-react than to over-react.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #35
Cat_72
Jeff, I understood your sentiment in your original post, and do appreciate it.

And they have been held accountable in other ways, though not monetarily, because as I said, they would be paying me off until they were at least in their 20's. Believe me....my kids know they NEVER get off scott free.

And in case anyone does wonder....they are 15 (16 in November) and just turned 18.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #36
JeffFlanagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Jeff, I understood your sentiment in your original post, and do appreciate it.

And they have been held accountable in other ways, though not monetarily, because as I said, they would be paying me off until they were at least in their 20's. Believe me....my kids know they NEVER get off scott free.

And in case anyone does wonder....they are 15 (16 in November) and just turned 18.
You don't sound like a pushover or anything. I'd just lose my mind completely if someone unplugged my incubator, and am pretty freaked out that it happened to you, so I'd feel better if you'd interrogate the 18 year old under bright lights until he/she cracks.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #37
Leighanne
I agree...someone needs to crack. Silence usually works pretty well, and not cooking or cleaning for them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!