Talkin turkey.....hey Cheryl! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Cat_72
Talkin turkey.....hey Cheryl!

I was out snapping a couple pics of our new "landscaping" project, and the turkeys kept showin off for me....thought you might like to see a pic of my blue slate tom....he's gotten to be quite the studmuffin. He chases cars in and out of our driveway now, lol....who needs a yard dog when we've got him?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Laura Fopiano
Wow Cat, he's really cool. Do they make good pets? I would really like to get a male gosling and name him "duck duck" Bry thinks I have lost my mind LOL

Old 04-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
KelliH
Wow, he's handsome!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
ravensgait
Cat, you know that him strutting for you means he really really likes you!

LOL Laura get a Goose and name it Chick or better yet Spot.. Randy

Old 04-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Wow! He's a real beauty! He got any hens or do you just keep the Tom?

My Toms are not that old yet~ going on three months now~ and of the 12 turkeys at least 7 or 8 of them are Toms. These pics are from about a week or so ago~ they all get excited and start to strut whenever my sister talks to them! It's so funny seeing all the Toms fluff up and try to convince me HE is the Tom to keep!

This is a Royal palm~ but I have blue slates too

You can see one of the blue slate hens eyeballing that pompous royal palm displaying there in front of her!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Wow Cat, he's really cool. Do they make good pets? I would really like to get a male gosling and name him "duck duck" Bry thinks I have lost my mind LOL
They are really fun to have around, but they don't get as "tame" as a gosling would.....now those can be REAL pets! If you hatch them yourself, especially if you only have one or two, they really do imprint on you and look at you as "Mom", lol. Some breeds of geese seem to stay tamer than others in my experience though...the African, toulouse, and embden seem to be the best for "common" breeds, the Canada geese are awesome too, if they are legal where you are. The Chinese are my LEAST favorite, seem to get the orneriest. The turkeys are mainly fun to look at, and it's kinda amusing to watch big men run away like scared little girls from a turkey bird, heh heh....all he's doing is following them around, for some reason some folks are completely convinced that he's constantly plotting a sneak attack....I try to tell them that he just ain't that smart, but they don't believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Cat, you know that him strutting for you means he really really likes you!
OK Randy, that's just creepy....LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Wow, he's handsome!
Thanks, Kelli! We're kinda proud of the ol boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Wow! He's a real beauty! He got any hens or do you just keep the Tom?
Thanks Cheryl! We had a couple more hens, but he was the lone survivor of the coyotes last year. I bought one hen to keep him company, a Black Spanish (she was all I could find, and he looked lonely, lol)....and we do have another Roayl Palm jake too....I bought the RP at an auction, and hadn't seen him to give him a good lookover before buying, and HE was sold as a SHE....when I got to the back to check him out, it was obvious that he was a very young male. So....I have 2 boys and a girl, lol. Am looking to find a couple of slate hens to go with him, but didn't want him lonely in the meantime.

Looks like you have some pretty nice quality Royal Palms...seems so many have been so inbred around here, too many of them are really lacking much of the black tipping on the trim feathers that they should have.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!