guarantees... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
dumje
guarantees...

when 1 guarantees an animal live arrival...one animal arrives dead and the other person insists on returning the 1 animal that remains instead of waiting for a replacement...who is responsible for the shipping charges? Just looking for opinions from others in the business.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Depends on the sellers TOS which should be clearly defined before any money is exchanged. Generally a return (which is what you are describing since their is nothing wrong with the one animal) would mean the buyer has to pay for the shipping back to the seller.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
jnjreptile
If the other living animal is healthy and the animal that died, died from a shipping mishap the customer is responsible as it becomes a form of buyers remorse. If they decide not to keep the animal it is up to them to return it at there cost.

If the animal that died was sick or died from anything other than a shipping problem (to cold/hot, delayed, crushed, etc) then it is the sellers responsibility to pay the return shipping on the remaining animal, due to the health risk of being sent with a sick animal. If a sick or below quality animal gets sent , and dies the living animal should be sent back on there dime as it is the sellers problem for sending crap.

Just our 2 cents.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Just curious.

What if both animals were part of a project? A package deal. If you order a package deal for a project and part of the package doesn't arrive OK, what good is half the project? Even though nothing is wrong with one, would it still be considered a return or buyer's remorse, or a failure to deliver what was promised? The TOS should address such events.

If it is an easy replace than hopefully the buyer would except such. If it were a more complicated situation and no TOS, I would think the seller and buyer could remain reasonable and come to a agreement.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
dumje
ok..the curve ball...both animals are sold as LTC (1.5 years in captivity)never treated. Any animal that has never been treated will have parasites. The 1 animal that died ... died most likely from the stress of being shipped with parasites...or something along those lines. No damage to the shipping box...just dead...no other reason but to believe it was the parasites. The shipper has promised to find a replacement and actually found one...but the buyer refuses and ships the remaining animal back any ways...then what?

By the way...I love the answers and debate on this issue...this is what makes this site great.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
I'm guessing there was no TOS clearly defined before purchase?

I would say refund the buyer the purchase price of both animals since one died and one was returned. I would not however reimburse for the return shipping.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
dumje
thats what was done. I just wanted other opinions about the transaction.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
In the future, to save yourself any worry or trouble...Have a TOS written up that you can provide to potential customers. It protects both yourself and your buyers.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
dumje
yeah...i think i am going to have one typed up to send when someone decides to make a purchase because I am dealing with a guy that seems very irate...I believe I have done everything I need to do to make good. He has now threatened to goto the BOI and kingsnake. But I believe I have asked all relevent questions here and on the general business page to justify my decision.

thanks to all

Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
tortaboy
What Michael is not telling you is that the dead tortoise had such a worm load, it was incredible. I have never seen anything like it. And, he claimed it was completely healthy and he owned it for 1.5 years prior to sending.

The animal was sent same day Delta Dash. Not only did I not want the dead animal in my house, I did not want it near any of my other reptiles. I sent the live animal back asking for a refund including shipping...what I received is not something ANYBODY would want.

Didn't tell them about the quality of the animals you ship did you Mike!

Damn right I am irate.

ANYONE THAT BUYS ANYTHING FROM MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ AFTER READING THIS IS A FOOL. MICHAEL HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING, SHIPS INFERIOR ANIMALS, THEN ASK GENERAL "WHAT IF" QUESTIONS TO SEE IF HE DID ANYTHING WRONG.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread