Heartbreaking..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Cat_72
Heartbreaking.....

Well, as some of you may know, I've had a real string of crappy luck lately....I mean really crappy. The ol man and I finally had decided to take off for a few days on the Harley, and just ride....hoping to relax, recuperate, and just get get the heck away from it all for awhile, leaving the teenage children in care of the house and critters (with frequent visits from family and a couple of ou good friends). It seemed to work....til we got home anyway.

Long story short, sometime during our leave of absence, my incubator got unplugged. Of course, no one knows how, when, or why....but since it was right at 70 in there, it had to be for a length of time.

Anyway, I have ONE clutch out of everything left that hadn't already hatched that I have any hope for (an albino x 50% het albino), I had some hope for 2 eggs out of an albino clutch that looked to be staying "normal"....I cut the eggs, and saw 2 that still looked viable. One died, and one brave little fighter had the strength to make it this far out of the egg....and that was it. He's gone too. I'm just freaking sick.

The remaining clutch was about halfway thru incubation when this happened....anyone have any thoughts on their chances of making it? I'm guessing it was at least a couple of days the heat was completely off.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
God Cat.... i am so sorry.

That picture just makes me really sad for you... I cant offer any help as to your eggs... but i hope that they have a chance at making it, and will continue to develop and hatch out some albinos for you. Im really crossing my fingers for ya hon!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Cathy, I am soo sorry that this happenned to you, my sincerest condolences.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
OH! That just really sucks!
As far as the clutch half way through~ I really don't know if they'll make it or not. I've not had it happen with reptile eggs~ but I had something similar happen to the most recent clutch of chicken eggs I did. Most of the clutch continued to develop but only 7 of the 18 eggs successfully hatched. Something is better than nothing~ turn the bator back on and cross your fingers. Hopefully they will be okay.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
jasballs
Cat, That SUCKS!!! Sorry to hear about this.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
Cat_72
Thanks, Alicia.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Cat_72
Thanks John, Cheryl, and John too. I appreciate it.

The bator has been back on, and we've got everything crossed we can cross....

Old 08-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
SPJ
OMG! I am so sorry.
I wish you all the best with the ones still incubating. I hope they make it for you.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #9
LadyOhh
Cat, I'm so sorry to hear about your luck.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
shrap
Ouch Cat.... I am truly sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!