Heat Packs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
turtleman85
Heat Packs

Where is a good place to buy heat packs from? I am going to ship a turtle this coming week and I need to get some heat packs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
ShannanD25
check on line at the bean farm.
Not sure of exact web address but it is either "thebeanfarm" or "beanfarm" .com
Walmart also sells hand warmers that work just as well, I am told. I am planning on getting some and trying them out.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
turtleman85
Ok, thanks!

Old 01-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
jusmebabee
Scales sells (40 and 60 hour) them and he is excellent in the customer service department and fast shipping. I would strongly urge you to use actual heat packs as hand warmers only last a few hours and depending on temps where your shipping thats not nearly long enough.

I only say this as you probably know reptiles can get respitory infections easily in cold temps and you could have a unhappy customer if he receives a sick or dead turtle.
The site is www.exoticlizards.com
Good Luck

Old 01-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
MR_Jungle_Mist
Thank you for pointing out that the Hand Warmers are not adequate enough for shipping. They wouldn't be too bad if you are shipping on a chilly morning to a hot destination and only need heat for a few hours but they are not good for shipping in general.

As Joel said, you'd be better off getting the 40 or 60 hours heatpacks.

Most, if not all, shipping supplies can be found at Superior Enterprise. They are reasonably priced on most products, as well.

Good luck with your shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!