Bad Guy Paul's Reptile Circus/Paul Larosa - Sickening Husbandry & Neglected Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
aSnakeLovinBabe
Paul's Reptile Circus/Paul Larosa - Sickening Husbandry & Neglected Reptiles

Hello folks. I don't usually do this sort of thing, so please bear with me here, but I simply could not let this one go. Tonight I followed a link to an album on facebook that literally made me nauseous.

The following images are all screen captures taken this past hour, of photos uploaded to facebook by the individual that owns Paul's Reptile Circus (Their profile says it is Paul Larosa) in Winthrop, MA 02152 (617)407-7533.

What kills me is that this person actually was perfectly okay with taking pictures of animals in these cages/conditions and showing them off on the internet. Furthermore, if you start at the earliest uploaded photos and work your way forward, you can literally see some animals (such as the corn snake or snakes, not sure if it's all the same snake but I think so) deteriorate in this person's "care".

I am going to let the images speak for themselves. Also make note of some of this person's comments to commenters when he is questioned about these reptiles.

I honestly don't know much about who to turn to, who to call, how to get help when you see a situation like this. Whatever the case, this needed to be made as public as possible. I am hoping that there will be some people here who know the right people to get in touch with to get some help for these poor animals.

Honestly.... I don't even know what else to say. So here you go... I went through and tried to catch and edit out profanity. If I missed one or two, I apologize.

He will be notified of this thread immediately after I submit it.

Please note that the photos appear to be from a 2 year span from 2010 - 2012. That is why in some photos, the animals appear to be fatter than the others. I took screen caps of some animals that appeared to be in decent shape because you can see how their condition goes downhill. The newer the photo is, the worse shape the animal appears to be in. I'll try to arrange them in a somewhat decent order, but I can't make promises.

First - The animals themselves. Please note, he took these pictures himself! These are their own photos! It isn't like anyone had to sneak in to take these pics.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
aSnakeLovinBabe

Old 11-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
aSnakeLovinBabe

Old 11-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
aSnakeLovinBabe

Old 11-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #5
aSnakeLovinBabe

Now here are some screen caps of their various facebook profiles/pages... I just kind of grabbed what I could.

Personal profile (the only way i was able to find it was by locating the reptile photos)

The new page they just created and re uploaded all the same dirty photos to

And this is the profile that's been around for some time and where all of the photos were pulled from.

Lastly, some screen caps from their website. I'm really annoyed at the lack of truth in their photo gallery. I wonder who's pied that is?

Old 11-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
aSnakeLovinBabe

So..... yea. That's what I've got.

I have never posted a bad guy thread before. I had nothing to gain from this... but if this doesn't warrant a bad guy thread, then frankly I don't even want to know what does. I certainly hope that something can be done about these poor reptiles.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
RichsBallPythons
He is what you call a TRUE hoarder!

Takes 1-2 hours a day to keep everything Clean, Even less time once you get a routine setup!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
aSnakeLovinBabe
This guy makes almost makes hoarders look good. The thing that kills me is that he doesn't even have that MANY reptiles. I have 3-4 times what he has, and even when I was 8 months pregnant and working 50 hours a week, I found the time. And his comment on the photo of the tortoise that I circled just goes to show you, he knows what he is doing and yet somehow, because kids are enjoying it, it's okay.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #9
Kingofspades
His site is a joke too. Never heard of a spell-check. You are running a "business"...forgetting letters in the word "turtle" and "snake" is just lazy.

Also...since when was a corn snake a "tropical/rainforest" animal?

This is disgusting and I am glad you posted this so everyone could see.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
aSnakeLovinBabe
It appears that the monitor that is behind the bars with huge chunks of mulch is not his setup. It's on his profile, but I don't think it is his from what I am gathering.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!