Blood python identification help reposted - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #1
Monsterjake
Blood python identification help reposted

Does anyone know if there’s anything up with this blood python? It was purchased as a bangka island blood But after much research and after talking to many breeders I’ve heard it’s not like any they have seen. I’m worried I’ve spent 500$ on a normal run of the mill blood and that I’ve been scammed. I’ve reached out to them 3 times now and they are unable to provide information on the animal or how they acquired it. They just tell me “there supplier prefers to only talk to them” and that the parents were “fresh imports” and that mine was a F1. Please anyone with experience help identify if this is actually a bangka island blood it’s a 2018 female both photos were taken 2 days ago the first is with a flash and the second is without a flash had to repost due to complications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
Monsterjake
First photo no flash second photo flash *

Old 02-21-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
elena
It doesn't look like the Bankas I've seen, but if its parents are imports, that means they are theoretically unrelated to other stock in the US and may look different. However, no one can really tell you whether an animal is a pure locality specimen just by looking at it. It has very much to do with how much you trust the word of the seller, and whether or not they have a reputation for honestly representing their animals. It sounds like you don't trust this seller very much, and they didn't produce the animal themselves and won't let you talk to the breeder. Unless you somehow get more information, the animal's locality will probably remain in question.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:38 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
I agree with Elena.

The identity of locality lines is only maintained by trusted people breeding those localities. If there's a break in that line of trust, then the locality of animals further down those lines are in doubt.

If you plan to breed locality bloods, buyers of your animals will want to know the lineage trail, too, at least back to a breeder they know. If you can't provide that, then you can't really sell locality animals. I get asked all the time who my stock came from.

I myself wouldn't imagine that there is a breeder working with WC locality bloods who is wholesaling the offspring; I would expect that such a breeder would have a public presence, and would be willing to put their name behind those animals.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #5
Monsterjake
She was purchased from a very very well known breeder but they don’t specifically work with bloods so that’s why it seemed strange to me also I was told both her parents were really red but they couldn’t provide photos and wouldn’t let me talk with who they got them from which just seemed really strange and caused the miss trust if I could say the name anyone into reptiles would recognize it

Old 02-21-2020, 09:30 PM   #6
elena
How old is she?

Old 02-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
Monsterjake
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
How old is she?

She was born sometime in 2018

Old 02-21-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
elena
She will likely remain brown. You would probably be able to see some color by now if she was going to turn red. My bloods were all showing some degree of red by six months. They don't color up fully until they are a few years old, but you should be able to see something by now. It is unlikely for a a "really red" pair to produce a thoroughly brown individual. I feel like the seller is not being completely straight with you.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #9
MGVaranid3
Bangka blood

Bangka are not red Borneo are

Old 03-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #10
elena
Umm...Borneo are never red. They are shades of brown. The only blood/short-tail species that ever gets red are brongersmai, and Bangka are brongersmai. True that not all brongersmai are red, but Borneo (breitensteini) are never red.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!