Ray's Reptilia- BAD guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
kati_slvr
Thumbs down Ray's Reptilia- BAD guy

Ray sold me three female crested geckos for $330 shipped. He sent me three juvenile cresteds too young to sex, one of which is very small, probably only about 3 months old. One of the geckos was also not the one in the picture on his site.

I dealt mostly with Joy at Ray's Reptilia who claimed not to be able to answer my questions about the geckos since Ray wasn't there and was pressuring me to make the sale which should have been the point where I called it off.

The geckos were also sent through the post office when I was told they were coming DHL.

Apparently, Ray has figured out how to temperature-sex crested geckos (see his comments below). As a breeder of cresteds myself, I would love to learn his technique. All of the experts I've spoken to and books I've read say it can't be done.

I will have to cross my fingers these animals turn out to be at least two females for this deal to be worth it. It will be another couple of months before I can be sure.

Ray also has a scam with a 33% restocking fee if you are lucky enough to be allowed to return anything. He is refusing to let me return the geckos I bought and is very defensive.

Buyer beware, and don't make the same mistake I did.

Here are the e-mails from the transaction:

Kati Wrubel <kati@katiscresteds.com> wrote:
Would you do a deal if I took all 3 females you have for sale? How old are they?

Thanks,
Kati

Ray's Reptilia <raysreptilia@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes we can make a deal with you. I am not sure how old they are Ray isnt here right now..

What were you wanting to pay?

Joy

Hi Joy,

If they are definitely female (and the ones in the pictures) I can offer $330 shipped for all of them. Do you know approximately what they weigh right now?

Thanks,
Kati

Ok we will take $330.00 for all three. I can let you know how much they weigh late tonight. Would you like me to send you an invoice through Paypal

Joy

Hi Joy,

I just want to make sure these are the same females in the pictures, and that they are females, and get a weight on them before I send the money. Also I want to know how old they are and if they have bred yet.

Thanks,
Kati

They are 5 months , 5 inches long, they eat great. We do not have weights on them but we guantee them to be healthy. Yes they are females.

Joy

Kati Wrubel <kati@katiscresteds.com> wrotewrote: OK Joy, I sent the money. Just let me know what day to expect them and the service you'll be using to send them/tracking number.

Thanks,
Kati

We will send them through DHL on Monday

Joy,

I received the 3 geckos today and am not happy with them. They are not old enough to sex yet and I was told they were females. You also stated below you'd be sending them DHL and they were sent through the post office. I want to return them and get a full refund. I breed geckos too and can guarantee they will arrive safely. Let me know an address to send them to and a day that is good for you to receive them.

-Kati Wrubel

They are temp sexed females and are of the best quality there is nothing wrong with them at all.

Ray

The website clearly states that we ship either DHL or usps whichever gives us the better service and they arrived in great shape and on time.

Ray,

You can't temperature sex crested geckos.

If they turn out to be females, you will have no problem selling them to someone else.

I want a refund.

-Kati

Sorry no refunds they are exactly what you ordered.

Ray

Ray,

If they turn out to be male, I will be taking legal action against you.

-Kati

That will be fine and welcomed.

Ray

Old 01-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
PaulSage
Kati, sorry to hear that you didn't receive what you were promised.

For everyone else who's reading, here are some related threads:
Rays Reptilia, Ray Torres, use caution.
Ray Torres of Ray's Reptilia.....
Ray's Reptilia? Good or Bad?
Ray Torres Ray's Reptilia (Good guy)

Old 01-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
gmherps
Thumbs down

Why does this thread not suprise me? Because Ray is KNOWN for pulling this type of crap with other people he sells too.

Go to www.bbb.com and file a complaint on them. It probably will not resolve the refund, but it may steer away potential customers from having to go through what you did.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
varnyard
If you will look at reptiforums, under Inquiries About Businesses or Persons, you will find a thread on Ray there as well. It is under Ray Torres???? This guy is real good at deceptions.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Kati, sorry for your ordeal. Paul put up some links for you and everyone else to take a look at. It is so important to check here first before purchasing.

Ray ships snakes by way of the post office.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=55524

Ray sends imported Male B.P. instead of CBB Female and steals pictures from N.E.R.D.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=331966

Kids didn’t get their frog.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=73307

Ray double charges for shipping.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=60965

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysreptilia
I am a good business person and have had several hundred happy customers .
Ray, if it was one mishap or one instance of bad judgement, I could see you still being a good person to do business with but COME ON!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysreptilia
I don't have time to play these games so I will not be answering any more of these silly threads...
To call someone names and not have all the facts is just ignorant !!!
Ray

All the facts are in and have been for a long time. You are not trustworthy and unreliable to do business with. You are a terrible businessman.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
Zoo Supply
Kati,
I am really sorry to hear you got scammed by this guy. You were definately a pleasure to do business with from a seller's standpoint.
It seems that all these scammers are flourishing again. Must be it goes in waves. Personally I cannot see ruining a reputation, or even the chance of a good reputation for 330 dollars. Kati, If you are stuck with the cresteds, get ahold of me, lets see if we can work something out so you aren't stuck being out that much money.
TOM

Old 01-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #7
varnyard
Well, just a little update, Mr. Ray Torres AKA Ray's Reptilia, has now made a threat to sue a good buyer as well as seller, and I might add friend of mine. If he makes any comment about Ray on these or other forums. Now Ray, let me ask you a question; How about me, do you want to sue me? I think not!!
You have been proven time and time again to be very unprofessional, A thief of other's pictures to sell your reptiles, as well as misrepresenting your reptiles. IMO that is considered a scammer. If you cannot take pictures of the reptiles you have for sale, then the pictures people are buying according to those pictures, are getting scammed into thinking they are getting the animal in those pictures. That is 100% misrepresenting your reptiles. If I was this good lady, and you sent me these unsexed babies for adult females, I would be the one that would be eligible to get the law suit. Ray, you always find ways to slip through the cracks. I for one will be watching them cracks real close!! Bet on it!! I too caught you trying to sell cheap Colombian tegus, for the much more expensive Argentine tegus, remember that Ray? I am sure you do!! Ray had an ad on the classifides on reptimart. This was his comment back to me when I asked why he was misrepresenting these tegus.
[quote]View Personal Inbox Message
You received the following message from raysreptilia in response to your ad or message:
Name: raysreptilia
Subject: tegu
Date: 10/02/2005
Message: you complete f jack .pull your head out of your a before you die .. The pic is of a columbian but .i have both columbians and argentines .I didnt have a pic of the argentines.I know the difference. Ray[quote]

Now Ray, is that any way to act when someone asks a question about the animal/animals you have for sale? That looks like you are acting very unprofessional, don't you think?

Old 01-15-2006, 03:48 AM   #8
Otter_23
Ray I made a mistake of confusing you with someone else. Apparently I shouldn't have apologized to you and you are getting quite the deserved reputation. Keep digging buddy I'm sure your close to China.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #9
dzoo
Yet another incident that shows the value of checking the BOI FIRST instead of just coming to complain after the fact. Kati has been a member since 2004, why not use the tool that is here? There were already several bad guy threads about this seller that would have made anyone steer clear!

Old 01-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #10
densnake1
My brother was thinking of buying a few corn snakes. He saw Rays add on Kingsnake and called me. I told him to let me check before he bought anything. After reading a few of the old posts, I told him that it was proabably not a good idea. I wish everyone knew about this site. Sorry for your loss. I hope he gets whats comming.
Dennis Cook