Black Knight inquriy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 06-27-2004, 08:04 PM   #11
Tim Schroeder
Plain and simple, Black Knight is illegal to use on reptiles. If you don't believe me give the EPA a holler. Bob Pound took the time and financial resources to develop a product designed for use on reptiles, and finally put a stop to the sale of a product that illegally undermined his business. What is wrong with that?

Tim Schroeder

Old 06-29-2004, 07:46 AM   #12
bpc
Your arguments are comical to say the least. It's not illegal for me to use Black Knight in my home for any purpose I choose. It may be illegal for Black Knight to be marketed as a mite killer on reptiles, but once I get my hands on it, I can use it however I want. Here's plain and simple for ya, tell Bob Pound or whomever, to make a product that is as simple, affordable, and effective as Black Knight, and he won't have to spend so much time and money trying to eliminate the competition.

Have you ever even stopped to think about the name "provent-a-mite?" The product is designed and prescriped so that you have to use it BEFORE you ever see a mite. How great that must be for the guy who makes it! Use this stuff, and maybe you won't get mites. If you do, you weren't using enough, or you were doing it wrong, so use some more.

I've tried at least 6 different mite products. Black Knight is simplest, quickest, cheapest thing I've run into. As a breeder, I have no problems with the fact that it wasn't designed to kill mites, too bad, it does! What's next, I guess Vision cages can sue Sterilite because people use their boxes for snakes cages even though they weren't designed and tested to be used in that manner? I've tried Provent-a-mite, and as I said, I wasn't impressed. There were still live mites 24 hours later, I had to use MUCH more product than I do w/ BK, and the entire treatment process is just more time consuming. I would rate PAM about #4 on my list of products to use. #2 would be a product called "Rep-rinse," actually this could be a tie for #1 but I'm not sure they make it anymore. And #3 would be just about any of the other mite sprays you can find at a reptile show. In my experience, every one of them I've tried has been as effective, if not more effective than PAM, and they are not as expensive.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #13
dumje
Christian

Let me understand this...you are comparing DIET and malnutrition...something that can keep an animal alive but just not giving the proper nutrition for proper growth...to a poison...how many poisons out there can a reptile be around...I get nervous around any poison when it comes to my animals...and the bottom line is the more I used Black Knight...the less nervous I became.

Black Knight was the best product out there until this guy decided to go after him so his product would be bought...I would rather use 7 dust then use what ever his product is called.

Old 09-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #14
Bubafat
Not to mention that there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of chemicals that are possibly carcinogenic that we use and are exposed to every day. If you don't believe me, go through your cleaners and then get online and look up the MSDS's of the ingredients in those products, not to mention things such as asphalt and glues/paints.

Most of this won't hurt you in small doses, but I wouldn't spray the stuff directly on myself nor spray it in an unventilated room.

Matthew Hennek

(btw...not that it matters, but I am a chemistry graduate student and have worked around and with hundreds of very nasty chemicals)

Old 09-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #15
dumje
So Matt...do you support BLACK KNIGHT or that "other product"?

Old 09-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #16
Bubafat
Never having used either, I don't have an opinion on either. I will say that if the time ever arose, I would have liked to been able to use both. I think I must be listening to too many politicians.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!