Big Apple's Proportional Thermostat - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 07-16-2003, 09:03 AM   #11
RichH
Night Drop in Ranco?

You mentioned a night drop feature in your Ranco Thermostats. I recently purchased 2 of these thermostats and did not notice this feature. Could you provide more info on model and such. All we do here ,for a night drop, is turn off the systems. Room is typically at 78 degrees. Drops the warmest area of caging/racks to room temp instead of the daytime 88 degrees.

Old 02-17-2004, 03:06 AM   #12
sputnik
NIGHT DROP

You will have to go through your options and then you should come across a another number after setting the desired temp and then do the drop. You can drop as low as 30 F, but you wouldn't want to, just select what you want to drop.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #13
DThomas
That number after setting the desired temp is the temperature differential. It is not a night drop. That number can be set from 1f - 30f. What it does is tell the thermostat how tight to hold the temp.

For example, if you set your desired temp to 90f and the temp differential to 1, the thermostat will turn on at 89f and off again at 91f. You can see the problem if you set it for 30. Yes it will allow it to drop the temp significantly but it will also allow temps to reach 120f before it shuts off.

Old 11-19-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
okpik
I've been using one of these thermostats for about a month now, and I'm really pleased with it as well. To solve the one outlet inconvenience, I plugged a 6-outlet surge-protector strip into it, and then plugged my heating cables into the plug strip. Just make sure that you don't overload the capacity of the thermostat if you're using multiple devices.

Annie Hemstock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!