Which rack to buy? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 08-16-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
SPJ
Which rack to buy?

I need a blanket box rack ASAP.
I have looked into the Boaphile ones and like the extra lip on the front but I have heard som negative reviews on it. I also inquired on the one by Natures Spirits but would like feedback from someone who has the rack.

I want to buy the best plastic rack I can but I have certain things that it must do.

1. No big temp difference from bottom to top drawer.
2. No rack that will burst into flames if the thermostat fails.
3. No exposed wiring.
4. No sagging.
5. No sticking drawers.

Can anyone recommend a rack and give me the reasons why you are recommending it? I would like to order within the next week.
Thanks.

Old 08-17-2003, 01:37 AM   #2
E2MacPets
Shameless plug: Also consider Animal Plastics.
I know many people (myself included) use their products and are very happy with them. That is the only reason that I sell them.

As I sell them, I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to say much beyond that it is another option I believe you should look into that will fit your criteria quite well.

Old 08-17-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
gmherps
The Boaphile racks have been so called "updated". They were having some problems like you stated, thus getting bad reviews. I would HIGHLY recommend Boaphile racks because if there is ever a problem Jeff or one of the guys there at the facility will address it ASAP! Now that's a guarantee.
Greg Holland

Old 08-17-2003, 04:39 PM   #4
SPJ
Quote:
Shameless Question: Do Fauna members get a discount?

Old 08-17-2003, 05:23 PM   #5
KelliH
Thumbs up

I have some of the racks from Animal Plastics and I like them a lot. They are very durable and sturdy, the heating element works great and they look fantastic as well! My geckos are thriving in these racks and if we had the money we would be converting from the old melamine Matrix racks to Animal Plastics racks right now! I highly recommend them.

Old 08-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #6
KelliH
pics

Here are a couple of pics of my racks from Animal Plastics..

Inside the boxes..

Old 08-17-2003, 05:48 PM   #7
SPJ
So this routered cord works well?
Do you have back heat or belly heat on the racks?
I am kinda leaning towards the Animal Plastics ones because it looks like they are raised from the floor unlike others where the last tub sits on the floor.
BTW, very nice geckos.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #8
Glenn Bartley
Steve,

Quote:
Will you be at the LIHS show on October 4th selling these?

Old 09-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #9
LeosAnonymous
Animal Plastics Racks are Great!

I have a blanket box rack from them... works great with back heat for my sub adult ball pythons and geckos. I will also be housing my western hogs in these blanket box racks.

I also have a baby rack from them... takes 27 rubbermaid shoebox's and is heated from the back. I'm very happy with it as well.

And yes they are raised about 4 inches off the ground, a nice touch.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:31 PM   #10
gmherps
www.raintreeherp.com
offers a CD so you can build a rack. The CD does EVERYTHING, except drill the holes. Very helpful, and well worth the
. $20.
Hope this helps a bit!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!