KINGSNAKE.COM....THE TRUTH - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #11
snake5007
I've heard a lot of stuff about kingsnake. Enough in fact, to make me believe that things are as you say. It seems as if they are siding with big breeders to get $$. Now, this is nothing more than my slight opinion based on what i've heard, i've never spent a large amount of time there and nor do i wish to. Do you have any more evidence of this? Are you going to name names?

On a side note, Ed Clark and the likes buy wholesale and are still putting up ads there, so, for you to get banned for it is hypocritical. Maybe someone from Kingsnake will come here to argue their reasoning in this matter.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #12
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5007
I've heard a lot of stuff about kingsnake. Enough in fact, to make me believe that things are as you say. It seems as if they are siding with big breeders to get $$. Now, this is nothing more than my slight opinion based on what i've heard, i've never spent a large amount of time there and nor do i wish to. Do you have any more evidence of this? Are you going to name names?

On a side note, Ed Clark and the likes buy wholesale and are still putting up ads there, so, for you to get banned for it is hypocritical. Maybe someone from Kingsnake will come here to argue their reasoning in this matter.
this was my hope..they will not give me info so let them defend themselves here

tim

Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #13
ToshaMc
I can see - especially if the banned party were some that was scamming the community where there would be an issue. However if you provided KS with your bill of sale, receipt, cc statement, whatever that proved that you had purchased the animals and they were yours to sell - then there shouldn't be an issue with reinstating - however if this third person was using your account (if not how did they know you were banned before you did?) - then I don't see how you can complain as clearly that is against the rule. Perhaps I missed something in the story?

Old 10-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #14
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc
I can see - especially if the banned party were some that was scamming the community where there would be an issue. However if you provided KS with your bill of sale, receipt, cc statement, whatever that proved that you had purchased the animals and they were yours to sell - then there shouldn't be an issue with reinstating - however if this third person was using your account (if not how did they know you were banned before you did?) - then I don't see how you can complain as clearly that is against the rule. Perhaps I missed something in the story?
im sorry for confusion..we both knew the same day..i was originally only told i circumvented the ban..no information was offered....UNTIL!!!!!! Jeff from kingsnake was at Daytona..he spoke with the original person that was banned and explained to him that it appeared to him and others at kingsnake that i was selling his animals..he (the other banned member) offered to show all receipts of sale etc to him..jeff said he did not want to see them..and said that it appeared to them that i was selling his animals based on the fact that i had not been selling ballpython morphs until after his ban...however this is untrue as i had offered a few morphs prior to this along with numerous CH animals and my remaining animals from madigascar..if they had trutley checked thier records this would be easily seen..however i dont see them admiting that they were indeed wrong...i had babies hatch in july and i bought some others (albinos and yellow bellies) from the banned person at wholesale......Jeff stated to the other person to make it eaiser just take the 3 month ban and then re-apply..he would not listen to reason..i decided that was best for my $$$$ so i sat quiet for 3 months now only to be told the same thing again

Old 10-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #15
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc
I don't see how you find grounds for assuming the third party was using his account. He bought animals from this person...then turned around to sell them himself. Perfectly legit.

The problem, it seems to me...is that KS never even gave him the opportunity to appeal the ban on his own business...never gave him the opportunity to send them bills of sale, receipts or whatnot.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #16
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC
I don't see how you find grounds for assuming the third party was using his account. He bought animals from this person...then turned around to sell them himself. Perfectly legit.

The problem, it seems to me...is that KS never even gave him the opportunity to appeal the ban on his own business...never gave him the opportunity to send them bills of sale, receipts or whatnot.
thank you..this is exact..receipts were offered but refused by jeff

tim

Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC
OK...after reading Tim's response, I CAN kinda see how a person might assume the "third party" was using his account. I just didn't get that at all from reading his initial reports.

But I still think this is a pretty lame mess for Tim to find himself in with KS so unwilling to even listen to his side of the issue and unwilling to look at any evidence contrary to their initial assumption.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #18
ToshaMc
Thanks for the explanation - it makes more sense now - but still seems like there has got to be something missing - sounds to me like either you or the person you purchased from - really pissed someone off or has enemies in high places. If you have been in direct contact with Jeff and have offered up the evidence to him and he's decided not to reinstate you then I guess you're stuck on Fauna. If you (yourself) haven't been dealing directly with him then try running it through him - if it's even worth it to you - Daytona probably wasn't the best venue to try to hash things out.

Any idea why your ad was singled out - was it blatantly obvious that you were selling snakes that used to belong to party #3?

Good luck!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #19
bcherps
Kingsnake has banned many people for supposedly circumventing a ban, and use this excuse a lot.

The 2 most prominent in my mind are:

1. WWARP-wards world of reptile propagation-ward was in the hospital having very serious surgery(plus 6 month post op recovery). Ward does colubrids and owes a part of his sons company which does leopard geckos. Wards son(not a minor) posted some animals for sale on wards classified to help get rid of some animals he and his mom were getting overwhelmed with but signed off as the son to let everyone know who to contact. Immediate suspension!

Why is wards son(not a minor) any different then say LLL, or Underground, when they have an employee post something?

2. Neil Golli bought animals from Africa directly (has wire transfer reciepts to prove it), and Mike Cole bought animals from the same place. They placed the order together to get quantity discounts, a break on the shipping and crate charge, and to make customs/ shipping/pick up easier. After Mike was banned for another matter, Neil was suddenly banned-supposedly for posting Mike's animals. Off course they have the same animals, they ordered at the same time from the same guy in indo!

Why was Neil banned but ten other miami wholesalers that bought animals from the shipment not banned?

The answers to both these questions: Jeff Barringer no longer needs anyones business. And he doesn't care about one individual complaining. So what if he looses one $100 a year customer, 15 newbies sign up a day.

Just like the same reason when we go to Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, any other big box stores we can never find what we want for a specialty item and never find a person to help us, and when we do it is a pimply faced high school student and they don't know what we are talking about. They know that everyone in the universe will shop there due to the prices, and we turn a blind eye to quality of service. This is exactly what is starting to happen with kingsnake. And now that it is turning into a community and music site the reptile people are going to become smaller and smaller part of it and less of a concern to Jeff "Napoleon" Barringer.

Thanks
ben cole

Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #20
tim8dena
again let me make this part clear..i am in no way bashing kingsnake or jeff in any way..all i am wanting is my side of the story to be told..those who have an account with kingsnake please do not jepordize your account by saying anything negative

this is the main point to my post
i bought and paid for animals legally
listed them on kingsnake to sell at retail along with animals i produced
no one shared my account etc
i was not offered any ways of defending myself.....

if jeff or kingsnake would allow me to come back i would as this is how i make $$$ and feed my children..this is why i am not trying to bad mouth anyone..but if they dont i will not say anything negative or untrue about them..i would have posted this in thier forum had i been given the oportunity
thanks tim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!