KINGSNAKE.COM....THE TRUTH - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #81
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle033
i can understand both sides i guess, on the one hand ks.com is a private business and can refuse service to anyone. on the other hand, the TS states that this is a misunderstanding and has been banned with no opportunity to state their side. the only sticking point i have is how much paid time did the banned user have left on his account. if he paid for a service then in my opinion he should be able to either use the service or be shown PROOF POSITIVE that he violated the rules. OR a refund of the unused money. maybe i missed this in the posts somewhere, or maybe kingsnake doesn't work that way, not sure, i am not a user there. but i assume you pay some sort of monthly or annual fee, if he was banned with no way to state his case, should he not get a refund of the unused portion?
kingsnake refunded all moneys that was owed..so that was never the question

tim

Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #82
snake5007
What was the need to post it here then? Was it just to make the facts known?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #83
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Did he though? I've been trying to follow the thread and believe I have the gist of it, but I have been given two, maybe even three different impressions based on some of the posts and I am unable to sort out which one is the truth.

Situation A: User One gets their account yanked for whatever reason and is unable to use the classifieds, so User Two begins posting ads for animals in the posession of User One, who will be drop shipping in the event of purchase. The animals are never in the posession of User Two.

That would be a clear violation of KS's policies as stated and a suspension for user two would be logical and justified.

Situation B: User One gets their account yanked for whatever reason but continues to sell their animals through other venues. Wholesale lists, other websites, shows and preexisting contacts. User Two purchases animals from User One and, now in posession and as the legal owner of the stock, decides to resell it and lists it on Kingsnake. KS's moderators were aware that the banned User One was the previous owner or dealt in that kind of stock, make an assumption about who owns the animals and enforce a suspension.

Basically a misunderstanding that didn't actually involve any violations of KS's stated policies and should have been able to be cleared up with a little communication.

Both of the above situations are, of course, filtered through the basic policy of any non-government business, where they have the right to refuse service for any or no reason to anyone. I'd hope that anyone running a business would have some sense of perspective and reason and not start tossing bans out to anyone even remotely associated with someone who was already kicked, but on the flipside, reputation and association do matter and people are constantly drawing up "sides" when there's conflict of any sort.
thank you for seeing that part..majority have seen this part and have supported me via email etc..there are a few who seem I'm only whining and wanting a pity party..

i thought all the facts were on the table but some seem to still be leaving or missing part...

1 i bought and paid for animals from Michael Cole after his suspension/ban from a whole sale list..purchased and took possesion of them

2 i took my own pictures(some one asked about that) and posted them for sale on kingsnake along side my 07 morphs i produced

3 i was banned from kingsnake for circumventing their ban (they never told me who i circumvented)

4 no explanation was ever given to me..even when i attempted to contact them via email etc no response was ever given to me

5 Michael sent a letter to the legal department at kingsnake explaing that if indeed the ban on my account was from me selling animals they thought were associated with him that all records were available to show that i had purchased them and took possesion..however no response ever came to Michael from kingsnake or Jeff and letter was signed that it was received by Jeff himself

6 daytona...Jeff took a few moments to talk to Michael concerning the ban on both parties..he told Michael that it had appeared to him and others(no names were ever given)that i must be selling Michaels animals because i had not been selling morphs prior to his ban...(this is where i had previously stated how can i sell morphs before august when mine were not born till middle of July and they needed to have a few meals in them)..Jeff also told Michael that nothing he showed etc would change his mind..however he told Michael that he and i could re-apply in 3 months..

7.. 3 months have passed and i re-applied after 4 emails to their review department(no other way to contact them is given) just as Jeff said i could(even though no one there would even give me the chance to defend myself) this is the response i got from them

After a careful review of documentation provided by our archives, by
other users, or interviews conducted by our staff, it has been
determined that you are in breach of your contract with our business
with the following TOS violations.

Account Sharing
Circumventing Ban

Ive never shared an account and i never circumvented a ban
Ive never bashed kingsnake or anyone there..the last person asked why i posted this here since kingsnake refunded my $$$

8 i posted this here as i receive so many emails and phone calls asking why i don't sell on kingsnake anymore...
when i try to explain different parts got confused..so to keep anyone from bashing kingsnake etc and losing their accounts i decided to post here so they could see how things can happen over there...

as far as the animals still being posted on Michaels web site that is out of my control..i have no access to his web site to change animals being offered..and for the record that was only an assumption as neither Jeff nor anyone from kingsnake ever mentioned that..it was the only logical explanation we could come up with..as i bought a few albinos and some yellow bellies..and these animals were all normal looking morphs..no distinguishing marks..how someone could tell these were produced by Michael would be unknown to me..

again nothing against Michael as he has done everything in his power to correct this for me..but if i was indeed found guilty of selling animals that were still on his site Michael should have been punished not me..as i did not post them on his site nor do i have any control of his site..

this is why i posted this here..i felt i was wronged..yes Jeff and kingsnake have the right to ban anyone or allow anyone to they choose to use their site..however their reasons for banning me i think were unfounded and they will not listen to me nor will they give me the place to state my case and this is the BOI..my inquiry was to how many others this has happened to..

as far as getting my account back I'm sure i never will..but since i know this thread has made its way to the powers that be at kingsnake possibly they will look into the way they handle some situations so the the next person like me is not banned for something out of their controll

Tim

Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #84
Keith Northrop
Talking I Meant no Disrespect to you Mike......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballroom
P.S> Keith I resent the implicatiion highly that I am a rip off artist thief etc. Quite the contrary I think youll find that In the years I have been in business I have had nothing but an excellent reputation in this business and have thousands of happy and satisfied customers.
My issue was complaining publically on KS.about a rip off artist.
what smells like stinky sardines??
I Knew not neither name nor knew what I know now?.....New news needed new veiws............Did the 2nd guy(Named ealier) Buy and resell your Animals also??
Just want to make sure I don't get caught up in any jams....Which I'm prone
to on KS.....Heh Heh....That's why I don't post in the forms there.....Good Luck

Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #85
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim8dena
again that is the question..what is the reason

tim

You say you were told you could return in 3 months. But you contradict your own statement in an earlier post where you say you were told that you could "re-apply" in 3 months. There is a difference. They did not say that you were guaranteed that you could return in 3 months and get the account back - only that you could re-apply for an account and they turned around and denied giving you your account back when you reapplied. You keep hoping for a reason other than what they already gave you and seem frustrated when you don't like what they told you already. They really are not obligated to give you any reason at this point since you did say they refunded your money. Your contract with them is completed and they have a right to refuse further service.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #86
Mattsgecko
I am a member at a gym and they will and did hold my account for me while I was in Mexico. I also froze my cell phone, house phone, and cut of my gas and water connection to my house. I was in Mexico... I couldn't use my account therefore am entitled to be able to hold my account. Its crap that they didn't do it for me. I posted this to agree that I do not care for KS and all I get is cheap stabs from persons with fat fingers that sit at home all day typing on their cheetos stained keyboards.
Thanks,
Matt White
706-888-6287

Old 10-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #87
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsgecko
I couldn't use my account therefore am entitled to be able to hold my account.
dictionary.com

Look up the word "entitled"

Old 10-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #88
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
dictionary.com

Look up the word "entitled"
You think he's entitled to that?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #89
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsgecko
I am a member at a gym and they will and did hold my account for me while I was in Mexico. I also froze my cell phone, house phone, and cut of my gas and water connection to my house. I was in Mexico... I couldn't use my account therefore am entitled to be able to hold my account. Its crap that they didn't do it for me. I posted this to agree that I do not care for KS and all I get is cheap stabs from persons with fat fingers that sit at home all day typing on their cheetos stained keyboards.
Thanks,
Matt White
706-888-6287
It is a common military (and legal) tactic to portray the 'other side' as some dastardly Godless baby eating group of terrorists.

In reality, people are pretty much the same all over. I've been on KS, posted nice stuff about and invitations to Fauna which as I remember did not last long but I was never banned. There.

Rather than quibble about entitlements, I think the focus is about places that are run differently. No choices need to be made.

And, maybe a focus on misunderstandings. If KS misunderstood, time and courtesy will do wonders.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #90
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
It is a common military (and legal) tactic to portray the 'other side' as some dastardly Godless baby eating group of terrorists.

In reality, people are pretty much the same all over. I've been on KS, posted nice stuff about and invitations to Fauna which as I remember did not last long but I was never banned. There.

Rather than quibble about entitlements, I think the focus is about places that are run differently. No choices need to be made.

And, maybe a focus on misunderstandings. If KS misunderstood, time and courtesy will do wonders.
AHahahahAHHAhahaHAHAHahAHAHahAHAhahahahAHahaah

I suppose you've missed entirely the point that Tim has made.

I'm not surprised.

Playing both ends against the middle is one of your classes right now, isn't it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!