BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #91
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
I was wondering why I had like 2 or 3 Triple Moon Exotics cards in the packing box and nothing from the seller.
Now THAT'S interesting!!!

On a more professional note, I have seen examples of geckos arriving at their shipping destinations with kinked tails, when there was NO KINKED TAIL when they were shipped. I have consulted with my veterinarian on this, and there is strong evidence that the stress of shipping, perhaps compounded by shipping conditions, such as extreme temperature and/or barometric changes, can have a direct influence on the parathyroid gland of these reptiles. This gland controls calcium metabolism, and I have direct experience with the onset of 'overnight MBD' with geckos subject to this type of stress.

The issue still remains that the gecko obviously had a pre-existing condition, that may or may not have been exacerbated by the stress of shipping, that is IN NO WAY a breeder. It is a pet only gecko.

My recommendation is to return the gecko for a refund. Let the seller handle this situation from his end. If there can't be made a solution to this mess, THEN it becomes a BOI subject. Until then, it remains an issue between the seller and buyer. Period.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #92
critical bill
It really doesn't matter how large the bump has become since it was shipped. Be that aggravation to an old injury from shipping, stress or whatever. The fact of the matter is that the bump was there prior to shipping and I'll bet if Brittney noticed the bump in the photo she received prior to purchase she wouldn't have purchased it. Bottom line is she don't want it as it serves no purpose for her original intention.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #93
critical bill
Brittney, on my last post I hit the send button to fast.

I wanted to add that I would ship the gecko back and trust that Brandon will do the right thing and refund you your purchase price plus shipping costs. I doubt he wouldn't make good on the refund in light of Steph's involvement in the matter and with her reputation on the line and good standing status in the fauna community.

Then again I think of Justyn "the scumbag back stabbing" Miller, and I'm right back to recommending you receive a full refund with shipping costs before the animal is shipped back.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #94
critical bill
Kelli might agree and get a kick out of the last post.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #95
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
I had a feeling this would show up on the BOI...

Firstly, I know Brandon personally and upon receiving a phone call from Brittney he called me about the situation. Often I help Brandon out by shipping for him because his driver refuses to do pickups after 11am, so was the case with this shipment as I had my own shipments going out on Monday. I can attest that the gecko had no obvious deformities upon shipping out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
I did not pack them. He was doing it when I went to pick them up. I added a heat pack when I got them back to my place, taped them up and the driver picked up not long after.
So It has never been answered you had the geckos in your possession and you said they looked ok to you. Did you really look at them or just ship them for your friend assuming they were ok?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM   #96
SouthBayGeckos
good question. That is one i'd like to have answered.

This has been an absolutely horrifying situation.

man... ugh.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #97
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
So It has never been answered you had the geckos in your possession and you said they looked ok to you. Did you really look at them or just ship them for your friend assuming they were ok?
Please read the text you quoted. He was packing them up when I arrived. They were upstairs on his dining room table in deli cups as he put together a box. Yes, I did look at them while I was waiting for him to pack them up.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #98
SouthBayGeckos
Do you mind me asking whether you have heard from him this evening. it seems he is not returning my emails. I would like to resolve this quickly, as I do not want to hold onto her over the long weekend.

thanks,

Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #99
Serafim
Stephanie

I did look at the text I quoted. the text regarding you packing them up did not say for sure . I am just trying to understand how many people who have never worked with geckos can see an issue from a picture. Yet they were in your possession and you saw nothing wrong. Looked a bit defenseive to me. Brittany the original picture of the gecko showed something wrong with the hip did you not pick up on that before the purchase?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #100
SouthBayGeckos
no, absolutely not. I was not "looking" for anything to be wrong, especially when I was told the gecko was in breeding condition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!