BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 38 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #371
LadyGecko
Marcia-I see your point and I agree that this could be possible

"I stated earlier that they were both well-fed, and seem to have been handled frequently. My 'objective' opinion is that the female is most likely not calcium deprived, but has a calcium deficiency. Some geckos have congenital tendencies to have metabolic calcium absorption problems in spite of proper supplementation protocol.

Perhaps this female gecko is one of those, and it may explain why she arrived with hypo-calcemia (pre-MBD) after being subject to the stress of shipping. If she is prone to calcium mal-absorption and has low bone density, it could, and I stress the word could, make her bones break more readily than most geckos.... and not heal as efficiently. Since this female gecko has been on 6 days of NeoCalglucon, she has absolutely no symptoms of being calcium deficient at this time."

Chuck-I can donate a whole 10 bucks-that is all that I can afford right now IF Marcia wishes to keep this Gecko-which it sounds like that she has become quite attached to

However if for whatever reason-Marcia does not chose to keep her and Brandon is not going to keep her as a pet-and she will be going to a new home

If both Marcia and Brandon agree -I would like to suggest that shipping from Marcia's location to avoid yet another re-ship for this female might not be a bad idea

Marcia again-Kudos to you for going above and beyond !!

I think that you are not as mean of "A Mean Old Gecko Lady" as you make yourself out to be-lol

I will be glad to see this little girl settled in for the rest of her life with you or anyone else that would provide for her possible special needs including Brandon her previous owner

Old 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #372
Jim O
I'll go for the last $20 to make it $50 which should be a fair price for a pet quality animal.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #373
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I'll go for the last $20 to make it $50 which should be a fair price for a pet quality animal.
Thats awesome Jim...way to go. I think thats a very fair price.

Balls are in your court now Brandon. Please don't play with our balls too long.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #374
LadyGecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Thats awesome Jim...way to go. I think thats a very fair price.

Balls are in your court now Brandon. Please don't play with our balls too long.
I agree !! That is totally awesome!!

Somebody send me a PM as to who to PayPal my meager contribution to when this is finally decided

I tend to be just a bit on the spacey side and may miss any decision/announcement over the weekend when my life tends to get busier

Sandy

Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #375
ravensgait
Brandon are you going to Hamburg tomorrow??? Randy

Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #376
Golden Gate Geckos
You know what? Now my husband and I are having a BIG fight over whether or not I should have even taken these geckos in the first place. I was only trying to do what I thought was right, and that was to step up to the plate and do something I felt was a good thing. Now I'm not so sure. I've had a lot of emails and PM's offering to give me money to help care for these geckos, and I think that's wonderful. But, I didn't do this for any other reason than to do something good. I just want to send these geckos back to Brandon as soon as possible. OK?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #377
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I just want to send these geckos back to Brandon as soon as possible. OK?
Sure....I understand.

Brandon, thank you for any consideration you gave my offer. Best of luck to you and best of luck with finding the geckos a new home.

**Chuck walks away humming the x-mas song Mr.Grinch...feeling sad for Marcia**

Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 PM   #378
LadyGecko
Marcia-the furthest thing from my mind was to cause you any problems or put any pressure on you and you did "do a very good thing" by taking these geckos in until the female was more stable to be shipped

It was an unselfish act that we all know was all about the well being of the animals

I understand and respect your decision

Sandy

Old 12-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #379
Golden Gate Geckos
I just re-read my last post, and I would like to apologize for bringing my personal issues to the BOI. Seems like I've been doing a lot of apologizing lately. There are some very good people in the reptile community, and I'm sorry if it seemed that I was ungrateful for that.

Brandon, please let me know how and when I am going to get these two geckos to you so there can be some closure on this situation and this thread can fall to the bottom of the pile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!