BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #51
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBayGeckos
be honest guys, if you received a gecko in this condition... you would also label someone a bad guy...
Actually, no I wouldn't if the seller was doing everything he could to rectify the situation.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #52
SouthBayGeckos
THIS IS THE SOLUTION I BELIEVE IS FAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I don't know if I'd be inclined to ship the gecko back and anticipate a prompt refund when it was obviously sent to me in that condition to begin with. I think if it were me..I'd let the seller review the vet report and talk to the doc if he wanted for confirmation purposes, but I would want a full refund plus the cost of return shipping in advance before I threw away any more money.

I'm all about seeing things work out but I just dont get a feeling about the whole thing.

Don't yo guys think this is a viable solution?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #53
TripleMoonsExotic
I wouldn't provide a refund before receiving an animal back, and I've advised just that to Brandon.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #54
KelliH
Quote:
If it is in fact congenital, does that mean Brandon has recourse to go back to the original breeder for selling a deformed gecko to him?
Well, if he accepted the gecko as it was (deformed, albeit not horribly), and this is a bit hypothetical of course, then I would say he is pretty much SOL. It is his responsibility to represent his geckos fairly and accurately, not the person that sold him the gecko. How old is the gecko?

Quote:
Would you say this animal will not be able to be a breeder , as i intended?
I would not breed a gecko like that, no. I try not to judge others on the choices they make with their breeding programs though, as long as they are honest with their customers and fellow breeders.

Quote:
brandon asked that I pay shipping for the gecko back to him, which I thought was strange.
No way you should have to pay the shipping charges, he should pay that and refund you the amount you originally paid him for the gecko (minus shipping charge if you are keeping any of the other geckos in the shipment. That's only fair.).

Quote:
be honest guys, if you received a gecko in this condition... you would also label someone a bad guy...
Probably not here on the BOI. If I received a gecko in that condition I would demand my money back first, as well as either an extra $50 for shipping it back to the person, or their UPS/Fed Ex account number (DHL sucks). I would never deal with the person again, nor would I recommend that person to others. I would probably not post about it here though.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #55
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
How old is the gecko?.
Looks like she's a 2006 per his gallery page. I don't think he realized there was anything wrong with her hip, I certainly didn't see anything nor did he ever point it out to me.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #56
John E Dove
I would have to agree with Ms Kunder. I would not issue a refund before receiving the animal back either. I would issue a full refund including shipping costs but only AFTER I had the animal in my hands.

Now a question for the experts on these animals.
Is the gecko in that photo a "mack snow het bell"?
Looking on the Reptirus.com web site for a pic match to this animal I could not find one marked sold or otherwise. In fact there is not a het "bell" listed at all.
Not saying anything beyond the fact I can't match a mack snow pic on the Reptirus with this animal. Could be it never was on the site or I don't know what I am looking at.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #57
TripleMoonsExotic
John, don't call me Ms Kunder! You make me sound old!
The particular female is listed on his Gallery page (like the Mack Bell was), I guess he never added it to his Available section.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #58
Wilomn
Are there pictures of the shipping box available? Perhaps the gecko was mishandled and was injured due to human negligence.

If she had no bump when she was shipped then it either occured in transit or after it was recieved.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #59
KelliH
Quote:
Looks like she's a 2006 per his gallery page. I don't think he realized there was anything wrong with her hip, I certainly didn't see anything nor did he ever point it out to me.
It wouldn't be hard to miss at all, especially if you just look at the gecko in a deli cup and not really inspect it. I cannot say with 100% certainty that the photo that Brandon provided shows the issue, it's only my opinion that it does.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #60
KelliH
Quote:
If she had no bump when she was shipped then it either occured in transit or after it was recieved.
I'm not so sure about that. Look closely at the photo the seller provided.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!