ed clark- liar, theif, bad guy- will you answer questions NOW? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #41
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
David.... if you think King Turd and his Dingleberry Posse will ever change, don't hold your breath.... They are a JOKE that makes this site the absolute laughing stock of the reptile community.... I've had 5 bad deals in 11 years, and the last bad deal was over FOUR YEARS AGO, but does that matter to them... hell no.... Yet I'm still in business and doing very well.... This site and these morons don't mean a thing.... Now just watch how many of these idiots come and lambaste me for THIS post....
Read this site for sheer entertainment, that's all it's worth....

Neil
Well, I've had just about enough of you, Mr. Gubitz.......

Now THIS, I find entertaining....
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #42
John Apple
Quote:
David.... if you think King Turd and his Dingleberry Posse will ever change, don't hold your breath.... They are a JOKE that makes this site the absolute laughing stock of the reptile community.... I've had 5 bad deals in 11 years, and the last bad deal was over FOUR YEARS AGO, but does that matter to them... hell no.... Yet I'm still in business and doing very well.... This site and these morons don't mean a thing.... Now just watch how many of these idiots come and lambaste me for THIS post....

Neil
Wow, first there was the dirty dozen and now there is king turd and his dingleberry possy,,,,....man too many 'cliques' here hahahahaha

Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #43
KelliH
Quote:

Attached Images

Old 03-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #44
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Ha ha....Chris Johnson. Look that name up and check out his feedback record.

You can't anymore, Rich deleted his ratings because he was the highest at the time.

Matt Graybeal was number 2, for what that's worth.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #45
snake5007
Quote:

Neil
I think you missed the gist of my comment to Bud, Neil. I guess i should class you as a "member" of the jedi council MEMBERship. And reMEMBER, if Wes is a king turd, then what the hell are you?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #46
Cat_72
You know, I think some of y'all are missing the "BIG PICTURE".

If you actually read Ed's threads, you would see that most of us agreed that there was no way to prove that the parasites came from Ed (though it was kinda fishy that all of her other snakes tested clean, if I remember correctly. And yeah, after 10 months, well....she should have had them tested earlier.

BUT.......when asked about it, Ed said he'd check on whether he sent her CB snakes as promised or WC/CH crap and get back to her. Well, it took him until NOW, how many months later, to even address it (other than one cowardly nasty post in the mod's forum, where she was unable to defend herself). He completely ignored her....that is what I took issue with, was the fact he handled to whole thing terribly. Then I believe there was more BS about claiming Emily's geckos were sick....and they weren't even the same geckos. More lies.

Then Daniel's geckos....that's great if it's true that he finally offered him those replacements. But in the process, he LIED about what the geckos actually were (one minute, they were high end colorful cresties, then Ed says they were plain, normal geckos, and he wouldn't send Daniel any of his nice stuff. Then when Daniel was trying to contact him, he ignored Daniel too.

And hm.....the issue with Ed sending out snakes with mites, come to find out he had no actual quarantine procedures....and as far as I know, he's still insisting that he actually bred the animals he was selling when most everyone is aware that he was just flipping them. More lies.

Then there was the whole "minor morphs" issue, unlocking locked threads and changing them.....all kinds of not-so-innocent type of stuff.

I could go on, but I won't. It's all been hashed out on his other threads. The whole point I'm trying to make is that there's a LOT more to this story than what some people have taken the time to figure out, and it's kind of on the dark side, if you know what I mean.

And yeah, I gave him a positive trader rating at one time too. If had known then what I learned shortly after I bought those snakes, I never would have bought them in the first place. But for what trader ratings are worth......as has been said, Chris Johnson had a trader rating of 60+ before we all found out what a lying, swindling, crooked sack of horse poo he was.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #47
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenphilly
Yep, look at the feedback (but you should look at HER feedback)...
Not sure what this means....HER who?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #48
ravensgait
Cat, I don't think people are overlooking that stuff I know I haven't. I'm also not giving Ed a pass on what has occurred. But I also see that much of what has been written about Ed on the BOI is the result of personality conflicts IE a bunch of folks just don't like the guy and have used these issues to take him to task mainly for that reason. I'm not making lite of what he has done but I See it this way, the parasite problem --well if the OP had brought it up soon after receiving the animals that would be one thing. The mites well it isn't good but has happened to many who deal in large numbers of animals ETC ETC . As I said my biggest problem with Ed is in how he dealt with these issues, in other words he didn't deal with them he tried to duck them... Randy

Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #49
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
The mites well it isn't good but has happened to many who deal in large numbers of animals ETC ETC
But when you are keeping animals that are supposed to be "holdbacks" or some such in the same rack as snakes that just came in the door and are waiting to be flipped, that's not just dealing in a lot of animals, that's piss poor, total lack of common sense and quarantine.

Anyhoo, I think we're close to being on the same page on this one, Randy. Most folks DO get it, but there do seem to be one or two (and a couple of crazy Jedis) who don't.

Ed perhaps has been taken to task on some little things that some find piddly, and alone, they aren't much....but ya know, all of those little piddly things add up over time, and make one big pile of poo.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #50
KJUN
> It's called acurate record keeping.

I understand you, but I don't know your situation. I tried to find a website to see how many animals you have, but I didn't find a link. If you only have 20 pairs, what you are talking about is EASY. I'll produce up to 2,000 babies this year. I keep fairly good records. If you know the cup number, I can tell you about the parents. It is the BUYER'S responsibility, IMO, to know what they buy. I don't even try to keep up with who gets what - especially since babies often change hands AFTER I sell them - on all of those babies. Not my concern. I sell them what they want, and I feel like the deal is done. Sometime I put the cup numbers on the receipt, and sometimes I don't. If they buy a "normal" that is carrying EXPENSIVE genes that aren't aware of, I don't provide a cup number. They don't need it if they are buying a cheap snake as a pet. YES, that is common in the cornsnake world where you produce a lot of extra male "possible" hets or have extra hets from a new project that you don't want to get out there too soon.

Now, if someone buys AND resales on top of that, it is a million times worse in complexity. Pipe dreams are GREAT, but they are still pipe dreams....lol.

> I keep all emails in their own folder that pertain to that person. And guess what? When they produce, I contact the original seller with pix and a count of the litter.

That's great. I'm just not sure how it is relevant.

> Again, a-c-ur-a-t-e record keeping. All show receipts have a number and a detailed description of the animal, the sex, date of birth and the liniage.

Try that at a show where you sale over 300 animals in 6 hours. Date of birth - that might work with small clutches of a few balls, but not for a LARGE mover and shaker. Again, I'm NOT defending Clark. I just think it is strange that people expect someone who does the type business he does (moving a lot of animals in and out) to keep records like a guy with only 20 pairs. It isn't feasible in many cases.

> Tax's for my business were the same as house hold.

Yes - sole proprietorship, etc. I'm not new to this, either. I was referring to state SALES TAX, though. In many states (all?), trades mean sales taxes have to be paid on both groups of animals. Have you ever paid sales tax on the animals you acquired in a trade that weren't meant for resale? If not - and you lived in any of the states I've done business in - you would have broken the law. I have to do it with trades for personal acquisitions for BOTH of my state "business licenses." There is a way to legally avoid some of that with snakes, but not with guns. Period.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how this is relevant. If Clark kept good records, he still wouldn't necessarily be responsible for a snake with a parasite (or ten) a year after he sold it. Period. The buyer has responsibility, too. A good breeder would do something in this case to try and make it "right," but that doesn't mean they are responsibkle. It just means GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Clark handled this VERY differently than I would - and I wouldn't buy from him based on his actions even if I would have considered buying from him BEFORE this - but that doesn't mean I think it has been proven HE lied or sent her sick snakes.

He probably did, but my opinion is NOT proof. I know that, but some people seem to misunderstand an opinion and PROOF.
KJ

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark