Inquiry Rare Pythons in Niagara Falls NY - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #81
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Well, I for one am a bit impressed by RarePython's responses here. If he's a scammer he's at least one with the decency to act professional. :P
I don't know much about ball python morphs and whether they're being intentionally misrepresented or not, but on the GM issue I think it's kind of funny someone thinks it would be horribly traumatizing for a snake to glow in the dark (note, GFP critters don't usually glow in the dark but rather only under UV light). Unless this person is a naturalist who hates ALL aberrant morphs, I can't see a GFP snake being any more "traumatized" than an albino, yellow, etc one :P

The main issue is how it's done; you usually have to destroy hundreds, if not thousands of embryos to get the one where the gene inserts correctly. But if someone did it properly and legally, more power to them.

Just because one can appear professional doesn't mean he is -- so you've fallen for his deception -- go spend a couple grand on one of his $10 snakes and let me know how professional you feel he is.

I can see how one might miss that probability that turning a nocturnal animal into a lightbulb might be traumatizing to it

Old 12-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #82
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post
Just because one can appear professional doesn't mean he is -- so you've fallen for his deception -- go spend a couple grand on one of his $10 snakes and let me know how professional you feel he is.

I can see how one might miss that probability that turning a nocturnal animal into a lightbulb might be traumatizing to it
You are funny! Despite explicitly stating I knew nothing about whether his stock were INTENTIONALLY misrepresented (not arguing that they are misrepresented, even) you say I have been taken in by a scammer!

I still wish more actual professionals could respond to things as nicely as rarepythons does. Whatever's going on with him, doesn't mean his presentation here can't be a model of how one can conduct oneself when questioned.

Mostly I just wanted to chuck in my 2c on the GM issue, which is a science and ethics area I'm pretty interested in, whether or not Rarepythons is actually doing anything on this.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #83
ophidile
Ah, and I see you persist in the myth that a GFP snake produces it's own light, rather than reflecting UV light green.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #84
Wolfy-hound
Just because a thief is polite while they steal from you, doesn't mean it's not stealing.
The "morphs" shown are patently not morphs, yet are listed as such. He's also lied about what he carried, what he produced, etc. And doesn't refer to those items when he responds. So ask directly.

Why does the website refer to you producing so many snakes, when you only had some WC gravids, and a few hets?
Why are so many morphs listed with pictures of patently normal animals?
Why do you have a normal undersized snake listed as a morph proven breeder?
If you are such successful breeder who produced so many animals, why are you flipping someone elses "morphs"?
To me, it looks like you are selling the WC gravids from last year as morphs, when they are not. Trying to get top dollar for normal snakes.

And to the one that said "Provide the $500 to get me there and I'll visit the facility".. when did you offer to pay the other guy's trip expenses? I'm glad that you DO understand that not everyone can drop life to go visit a scammer's hobbyfarm. It would be nice to have someone reputable look at his facility, but it wouldn't prove much other than he might have a nicely set up scam spot. Maybe he'll show off the "tomato" growing operation too.

I do think that when the new pics of all these "morphs" do show up, they should be carefully cross-referenced against other stolen pictures, since there's a history of that behavior.

Theresa Baker

Old 12-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #85
Mooing Tricycle
Wow... Dont lose track of who the real badguy is here....

Rarepythons, Christopher. Your animals are being Misrepresented, and i have taken screenshots if you decide to change them. I remember trying to give you a chance, in the beginning of that other thread, and i see you have FAILED to change your ways.

I STRONGLY recommend knocking of the "i didnt know" bullcrap and quit the misrepresentation you are failing miserably to pull off.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #86
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Ah, and I see you persist in the myth that a GFP snake produces it's own light, rather than reflecting UV light green.

Not at all -- what I am saying and I will clarify, since you don't know about balls, is that these snakes spend most of their lives hiding underground - they are nocturnal by nature and light is stressful to them - wherever it is coming from.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #87
MikeCurtin
OK, Chris...I'll bite. Post the comparison shots of the Ghosts next to normals, and then some others of your Ghosts next to everyone else's, and we'll see which is the closer comparison. Just because a normal looks nicer than most others does not make it a morph worth thousands.

While you're at it, could you post some copulation, oviposition, or hatching shots for our enjoyment? I think it would definitely lend to your credibility. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #88
rarepythons
Picture Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
OK, Chris...I'll bite. Post the comparison shots of the Ghosts next to normals, and then some others of your Ghosts next to everyone else's, and we'll see which is the closer comparison. Just because a normal looks nicer than most others does not make it a morph worth thousands.

While you're at it, could you post some copulation, oviposition, or hatching shots for our enjoyment? I think it would definitely lend to your credibility. Thanks.
I have some copulation pics on my work camera from my bumble project Friday. I can post when I get to work on Mon. (along with the desert ghost comparison). I did find some other pics on my HD taken during the past year, which I am posting here. There is another one of the desert ghost that shows it a little better. Once again this isn't a comparison shot..just another from a top shot.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #89
rarepythons
GFP also does not harm the mice in any way, shape, or form.

Since a few people requested videos of them..here are two colors of mice produced.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #90
rarepythons
Sorry I'm still working on adding video to the posts.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75451018&hl=en

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christopher casacci, rarepythons