ESU Thermostats - Pure JUNK! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 03-31-2003, 06:33 PM   #11
SWAG
Yup...my ESU (only six weeks old) failed on me today. I was gone for 8 hours, I came back to it stuck on the "on" position. The temps in my blood cage were 94 degrees on the cold side, 115 on the warm...she was fine. I took her out, put in her in a bowl of 80 degree water (fastest heat transfer is through water) and she is showing no serious signs of overheating. I contacted the company that sold it to me, who referred me to ESU, who maintain (their tech support guy, anyway) that they are unfamiliar with this problem. (This problem potentially occurs in ALL analog thermostates.) Anyway, they won't accept it without a receipt, and Big Apple is sending me another receipt, along with my purchase of their Proportional thermostat. I'll stilll send in the old one to ESU and use it as a fail-safe for the proportional one.
ESU=scary.
-Saul Allen

Old 04-01-2003, 09:43 AM   #12
meretseger
An audible alarm would do some good, but if the thermostat does break, the snakes could be dead while you were out getting ice cream. Hmm... maybe you could hook it up to a pager somehow.

Erin B.

Old 04-01-2003, 10:05 AM   #13
Jon R
You are safe to get some ice cream.

Our system shuts down power to the malfunctioning thermostat as well as sounding an alarm. This = no dead snakes while you are enjoying your ice cream.

Old 04-01-2003, 12:06 PM   #14
sputnik
ALIFE IS ALSO CRAP

I have 7 alife thermostats, 3 of these are now defective. Latest one is 6 weeks old, I just happened to be up getting a drink at 3am and my blood python cage was at 140F

I consider myself very lucky it's still alive and that I caught it failing or I would of woken up to three dead snakes.

If anyone knows of a RELIABLE tehrmostats, let me know as i am not buying alife 1000

3 out of 7 have failed, not what you would call a successsful product.

Old 10-25-2004, 02:14 AM   #15
MGReptiles
How about Johnsons controls? They have a few more feature than the ranco and are cheaper...And you dont have that pop bottle sized probe you have on the cheaper thermos...I get them wholesale so I am setting up my cages with doubles...
-Matt Graybeal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!