Info *Kris Smalley : Disturbing photos - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #21
jeffwyatt81
WTF, is what comes to mind when I see photos of someones "collection" looking like this. It seems to me, when I see things like this that the person involved is not in it for the money or for the love of reptiles but more so for the built ego he gets by keeping those poor helpless animals in those horrific conditions. It completely sickens me to the point where I can't even think straight, man would I love to have just 5 minutes alone with that guy!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
mxracer4life
This is just plain gross. Even if we don't have proof of who's room it is, its good to show what not to do. I would be ashamed if someone I know seen that room and knew it was me.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
zzzdanz
I agree that's gross and who ever could do that should be forced to live in the same conditions.The thing is,those pics could have come from anywhere.

Someone has a problem with this Kris Smalley could go to some PETA site,post pics and claim them to be Kris'. Not saying this is the case here, it just seems the claim is useless with nothing to
back it up...

Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #24
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpkeeperpdx View Post
I understand that now Strictly, I have no way of to prove it, other than my word as well as other people that have personally seen that room.

Thanks.
Personally, I think you bringing this to the BOI wasnt a bad thing. Bringing a bad (even good) breeder/keeper who some people seem to know is never a bad thing. What I would suggest doing here is getting those people who can attest to your claim to post as well. People that keep their animals like this need to be ousted from this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
This is just plain gross. Even if we don't have proof of who's room it is, its good to show what not to do. I would be ashamed if someone I know seen that room and knew it was me.
I dont see how he could even let people go into that shanty. Just imagine what the rest of his house looks like. I would have way too much pride to let someone in my snake room if my snake room looked like that. My feeders live in better conditions and I HATE mice and rats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
I agree that's gross and who ever could do that should be forced to live in the same conditions.The thing is,those pics could have come from anywhere.

Someone has a problem with this Kris Smalley could go to some PETA site,post pics and claim them to be Kris'. Not saying this is the case here, it just seems the claim is useless with nothing to
back it up...
Dan's point is right on as usual and I feel the same way. I have no doubts to your claims and dont even know you. I appreciate this being brought to our attention, especially mine because I NEVER want to buy a snake to where my snake came from a room in that state of condition. I will be the first to admit that my snake room, hedgehog room, sugar glider room, rodent breeding facility is never at 100% but Ill be go to hell if my room looked like 1% of that mess.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
omni
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpkeeperpdx View Post
Would you like to name the reliable source? Otherwise it is anonymous information. I don't disbelieve you, but think it must be credited to someone to carry any weight.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #26
FosterHerpetological
WOW that is horriable

Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #27
Wolfy-hound
It's disgusting pictures, but we don't know who's room that is.

Have you notified him of the thread? If it's his room, he needs to show up and explain(not that's there's much explanation unless it's "I was gone out of state for 2 months and the caretaker didn't clean anything the entire time") or show his snake room in pictures to prove it's not his room.

Right now you are a unknown person posting a link to another unknown person who says that the pictures are of a third party. I mean.. if you were accusing someone reputable on this site, we'd all be denying that it's pics of their snake rooms and asking for proof that it's true.

The best thing would be more eyewitnesses, preferably the person who took the pictures so that there's some proof so people are definitely convinced of who NOT to buy from, trade with, or do breeding loans with. Because I know that I wouldn't want an animal from that room, wouldn't want anything that's mine to ever be in those rooms, and DEFINITELY wouldn't want my animals to visit that room and come home again.

Just advice on what I think would help your case. Thanks for exposing a horrendous case of neglect.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #28
lance_portal
Im a breeder in oregon and know alot of reptile breeders and jobbers here....will make some calls

Old 11-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #29
4riscorn
That is how I feel about it!! The sad thing is that one of our local petshops was very similar to that about a month ago!!!

This guy looks more like a "collector" than a "hobbyist" or "herper" or even an animal lover. How anyone could let that go for that long is beyond me!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #30
lance_portal
hey...another thing that looks odd.....on the fickr pics, it says they were in June/July???? these are old pics... why just coming to light now???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!