Info *Kris Smalley : Disturbing photos - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #31
Keys & Kritterz
I can feel my blood boiling.... how could someone have such nice snakes and keep em like that. Bein a locksmith, if I lived in Oregon I would feel obligated to go in an take those snakes...... and possibly wait for him to come home in a dark corner of the room.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #32
redskinsdude
i don't know if greg bryant has seen this yet but supposedly this guy was also claiming to be greg's partner....
i informed greg of this post so i would like to hear his say on this

Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #33
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys & Kritterz View Post
I can feel my blood boiling.... how could someone have such nice snakes and keep em like that. Bein a locksmith, if I lived in Oregon I would feel obligated to go in an take those snakes...... and possibly wait for him to come home in a dark corner of the room.
While the pictures are disturbing, I want to point out that if you click on the link and read the caption to the left, it does say the surviving snakes were rescued... So while a good incation of terrible husbandry, it is apparently not a current situation...

Ed

Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #34
lance_portal
...not sayin it didn't happen....but if something like this happened it would be all over the oregon news and most of us in the northwest would have heard something about it. People around here (oregon) know who he is and they haven't heard anything until this post.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #35
burmese85
i have never been so disgusted in all my life.unacceptable

Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #36
sagespyder@yahoo.com
from what i can tell quite a few of the snakes with swollen faces have mouth rot. it causes sores and a chessy growth that can progrssively stop eating as it grows. teeth fall out as a result of it and getting rid of mouth rot is fairly easy with medicine. the severly unsanitary conditions are deplorable however. i would have more to say but as a few people have perviously mentioned these pics are dated so we don't know if the condition has changed and we can't tell if these pics are really against the guy the OP says they are. none the less nothing should have to live in any situation like those have.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #37
Abish
I tried looking online and couldn't find any sort of news reports about a Kris Smalley animal cruelty case in Oregon. I did find an Oregon Facebook page for some snake enthusiast named Kristopher Smalley, so I sent him a message with a link to this thread to see if he had anything to offer.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #38
JordanAng420
Well, I did some looking online too... the only thing I found was a Myspace page, to a snake enthusiast, who lives in Portland Oregan, who goes by the name of Kristopher Smalley.

http://www.myspace.com/embracethesnake

Browse through the photos
FAR from anywhere near proof, but i'm just sayin'....

Does this rack (and their conditions for that matter ):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5591640...7625420995750/

look similar to the rack that this snake is in?

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...841f2f6393.jpg

In other photos, the carpet colors are very similar as well. Don't mean to imply anything, but from an outsider's point of view, Mr. Smalley isn't looking that hot.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #39
April Homich
Can you have the old roommate come here and collaborate? I think that would help prove who's collection it is.

That is SOOOOOOOOOO horribly disgusting. By looking at that myspace link, I'm going to guess that this is the same person, too. The bedding and water bowls are the same in some of the pics, and it does look like the same place. Also, that would help explain why so many of his snake pictures are of them soaking in the tub.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #40
Keys & Kritterz
same cages

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Well, I did some looking online too... the only thing I found was a Myspace page, to a snake enthusiast, who lives in Portland Oregan, who goes by the name of Kristopher Smalley.

http://www.myspace.com/embracethesnake

Browse through the photos
FAR from anywhere near proof, but i'm just sayin'....

Does this rack (and their conditions for that matter ):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5591640...7625420995750/

look similar to the rack that this snake is in?

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...841f2f6393.jpg

In other photos, the carpet colors are very similar as well. Don't mean to imply anything, but from an outsider's point of view, Mr. Smalley isn't looking that hot.
look at the lock and hinges on the picture with the retic, it is the same as the top cage with the boa in it. Bet my collection it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!